• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What magazines are you guys using? My SECOND GHK mag just failed on me...feed lips aren't holding BBs in...so I get a chamber full of 6mm plastic every time I fire...

And where can you get magazines other than the WA and GHK? Can't seem to find any...

If anyone has AGM/5KU/KUI mags for sale...I want em

Edited by tinydata
That's bad tinydata. Did the bottom feeding lug on the loading nozzle rub against the inside of the feed lips on the GHK mag?

I want to get 6-8 GHK magazines soon so I'd like to know.

Thanks,

-Luis

That's what I'm assuming...

That's what I'm assuming...

Forgot to ask, what loading nozzle are you using in conjunction with the GHK mags?

I use Element loading nozzles exclusively and they feed BBs nicely from a GHK mag and the movement is smooth, even when moving the nozzle slowly.

Also, what BBs are you using?

-Luis

Edited by Luis21
ACM M4 GBB stock bolt stop is steel :D

I was disassembling my GHK magazine to solve my feeding problem caused by some imperfections in the magazine lips when I realized something interesting.

All GBB and NBB valves I have see open inwards the gas deposit, this helps keeping it closed for no leaking. But the GHK magazine valve open outwards so the gas pressure try to open the valve. If there is too much pressure, I imagine that the valve will open. I have see in the videos that this magazines doesn't leak with CO2 so, could this little thing allow the valve open when there is too much pressure avoiding that the magazine break if the pressure is too high?

If these mags could take CO2 reliably, without blowing ones hand off that would be pretty amazing!

If these mags could take CO2 reliably, without blowing ones hand off that would be pretty amazing!

It's been done by Sebin90. He filled then with liquid CO2 at 800 PSI. You still get the cooldown though.

However, it's still highly dangerous and has not been proven to be reliable in the long run. I wouldn't want a mag to explode in my chest rig and fly upwards and uppercut me in the chin....

-Luis

Ok, Ok, enough..... now just what do people expect will happen when you over pressurise a mag? That's right failure of the weakest link (i.e. the seals) annoying yes, dangerous only if you happen to be one of the mag seals. Will be no more dangerous than having a green gas mag vent in your pocket. It'll be a million miles away from the force of say a pukka Co2 gas cylinder explosion.

Yeah, I am just saying to be careful, anything can happen.

Anyways, who cares about the magazine with CO2. This is the AGM thread. :D

Anyone out there have their stock upper and lower that they can sell to me? I am going to build a CQBR from scratch.

Thanks,

-Luis

My AGM fired fine on GHK mags with my RA Tech NPAS bolt.

Good news everyone! I just got my Milspec CTR stock and it does fit the AGM buffer tube. It has very little side to side wobble that is eliminated by the friction lock, though it does have some forward and backwards movement. Though the forwards and backwards movement gets locked in unless you purposely grab the stock and try moving it back and forward.

My AGM fired fine on GHK mags with my RA Tech NPAS bolt.

Good news everyone! I just got my Milspec CTR stock and it does fit the AGM buffer tube. It has very little side to side wobble that is eliminated by the friction lock, though it does have some forward and backwards movement. Though the forwards and backwards movement gets locked in unless you purposely grab the stock and try moving it back and forward.

That's good to know man, thanks.

Are you using one of the gen.2 lightweight loading nozzles? The anodized black ones.

-Luis

Oh, I have (apparently) the Gen 1 one with the grayish/silver metal nozzle. Was not aware that they made a new one.

And for the record, RA Tech has the best airsoft customer service I've ever had, I once asked them how to fix my bolt after it dismounted itself from the bolt carrier and I got replacement parts for everything that was needed to mount the bolt to the bolt carrier.

Luis21, I'm using the new Gen 2 black anodized NPAS nozzle. I just got it today but I will say it cycles more smoothly with GHK mags than the 2Roy one does. However, I'm using it in my G&P so don't quote me on that.

Also...got a bomber mag...seems to be nice. Not leaking on green yet either.

Are EBairsoft prices including shipping? I'm interested in trying some of these new fangled chinese parts.

I also noticed some of my GHK mags spewing BB's, but that could be related to a few things including BB use. It's never happened to me when I've used my KSC .30's or BBBMax .27's. I've noticed that some GHK mags can have difficulty pushing BB's up the path which caused mine to FTF in semi, yet fire fine in full auto. A little sanding inside the path should fix this.

Also, RATech can probably get replacement parts for the mags. I am going to ask for some spare feed lips with my next order, I would do the same with WA/G&P/Bomber mags. Feed lips are always fragile.

Luis21, I'm using the new Gen 2 black anodized NPAS nozzle. I just got it today but I will say it cycles more smoothly with GHK mags than the 2Roy one does. However, I'm using it in my G&P so don't quote me on that.

Also...got a bomber mag...seems to be nice. Not leaking on green yet either.

Nice, I've always wanted one of those new black loading nozzles ever since their release video.

@ThaFlash:

Ebairsoft prices DO have the shipping included. Expect stuff to arrive in 10 days on a good order.

-Luis

Hotness!

I'm getting an AGM from my friend as a trade for an AEG body kit. It's missing some functional upper pieces, but I'm going to drop the entire thing into a G&P body and use some of those ebairsoft parts.

I also need a spare clean bolt carrier so I can see about getting my tool maker at work to make me one from S7, as well as an interesting piston conversion project I'm playing around with.

RANT/

I HATE 5KU PARTS! They're incomplete by themselves and are off spec!

How do I know?

5ku NPAS - Too fat and will not fit standard nozzles without modification

5ku Sear - Too FAT completely off spec

5ku Boltstop - Missing bolt stop piece (The little notch that actually does the job)

Whats going on?!?!!?!?!?

/rant