Ebairosft.com /Ebaybanned notice

Paul EB

From the sound of it, many people here are impatient. you CANNOT treat this the same as large local online retailer. They don't have the logistics of Amazon.com. Be patient and quit emailing the poor guy the day after your order.

Big or not, Ebaybanned/EBairsoft, are violating the terms of service. Dispute away. Otherwise if they have their own payment system up and running, they can specify how ever long they want to ship things out. If they keep on using PayPal, they must follow the ToS or risk forfeiting Seller Protection.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big or not, Ebaybanned/EBairsoft, are violating the terms of service. Dispute away. Otherwise if they have their own payment system up and running, they can specify how ever long they want to ship things out. If they keep on using PayPal, they must follow the ToS or risk forfeiting Seller Protection.

like it or not i don't give as toss. If i want something quick i'll go local or failing that Ehobby/Redwolf/RSOV if it's a nice to have item rather than need and EBB is cheaper then i'll order it and worry about it in 14 days time. If you can't abide that then shop elsewhere. Simples.

Impatient, probably, but there is several simple things such as not advertising stuff for sale that you don't have stock for, it would be better to post it up as a pre order or atleast email with a due date, if someone can change the info on the account saying that the order is processing whey can't they give you dates, e.g, your order is processing, eta for shipping is 06/06/08 or your item will be shipped in 2-4 working days, there is always the exception to the rule but with ebairsoft it seems to be the rule, its that horrible feeling that after a week of your item not shipping you could be waiting a week to a month with no clear indication of how long, if i was told it won't be shipped for a month i would be happy, atleast i would know, on another note my item has now shipped :D

I got an email with my tracking number (it works) through today, didn't even ask for it, how rare :)

Same here. I bought a small item after Paul's apologies and assurances and the recent website upgrade appears to include feedback via email. And lo and behold I've also got a tracking number that works along with automated confirmation of my order.

This is MUCH better.

OK it still takes more time than it really should but I'm not so bothered about that. I'm being kept informed about the order process.

It appears we're being listened to. Well done guys!

like it or not i don't give as toss. If i want something quick i'll go local or failing that Ehobby/Redwolf/RSOV if it's a nice to have item rather than need and EBB is cheaper then i'll order it and worry about it in 14 days time. If you can't abide that then shop elsewhere. Simples.

Certainly your choice to dispute. But the fact remains that there are policies that every user agrees to when using PayPal. If EBB violates those terms, buyers are in the right to dispute. Like PayPal or not, users are bound by their Terms of Service. So yes I can't abide by the "wait 14 days for shipping" because that is not what I agreed to when clicking on the "Yes PayPal, I Agree to your Terms of Service." It is not what EBB has agreed to do as well. With that said I will shop at EBB or anywhere that has great deal. I will shop with confidence that PayPal has every user's back if the users follow the Terms.

Everyone that shops at EBB or any store with PayPal payment should not feel that they are obligated to adhering to a 14 day shipping when they have not agreed to it. If EBB starts up their own payment process with their own specified Terms of Service, then I will agree to what shipping standard they have set.

With that said, I'm glad that there is some improvement for EBB. I hope they keep it up.

I recently placed an order (my 4th or 5th with EBB) for an AGM M4. My original order was placed in May 26th but did not show up on my EBB Account (still hasn't). I emailed them asking for a tracking number and got the usual runaround from Jesse (this guy has got to go!!!) a few emails later I got a number which did not work, I later found that it did work once they sent it out 2 weeks later after another wave of strongly worded emails. I waisted another 2 weeks waiting for it to arrive, only to have it seized by customs because they didn't bother to paint the barrel orange. To my surprise they agreed to re-send me another one "as soon as possible". Unfortunately I opened a Paypal dispute a few weeks back to get them to ship out the first one and only have a couple more days until Paypal considers the case closed and I still have no tracking number or proof of shipment from EBB. I am afraid I will be forced to escalate my dispute to a claim for fear that they are trying to wait me out until the Paypal case closes and I will be out of luck. I would really prefer to get my item since that is what I ordered, but if I get a refund instead at least my local retailer has them in stock now for just a few bucks more.

And my saga continues. I escalated my dispute to a claim but since I received an empty package, the postal system shows the item as delivered and PayPal has denied my claim. I was promised by Jesse that they would send me out another gun since they made the mistake of not painting the barrel, lo and behold I still don't have a gun, nor a tracking number. I will never do business with EBB again after this one. Now Im out $178 with nothing but an empty package to show for it. I am disputing PayPal's decision, but I doubt they will reverse it. They even had the nerve to send me an email eluding that I may be trying to pull some kind of fraud and that they keep records of these disputes. Paul, if you are listening, please at least respond to this issue so everyone here can see what type of business you run.

And my saga continues. I escalated my dispute to a claim but since I received an empty package, the postal system shows the item as delivered and PayPal has denied my claim. I was promised by Jesse that they would send me out another gun since they made the mistake of not painting the barrel, lo and behold I still don't have a gun, nor a tracking number. I will never do business with EBB again after this one. Now Im out $178 with nothing but an empty package to show for it. I am disputing PayPal's decision, but I doubt they will reverse it. They even had the nerve to send me an email eluding that I may be trying to pull some kind of fraud and that they keep records of these disputes. Paul, if you are listening, please at least respond to this issue so everyone here can see what type of business you run.

Be sure to include a customs seizure number or proof of the item's weight when you received it... that should help you out quite a bit... I'm going through a similar problem with another firm.

editted for grammar

One thing to consider here is the shocking number of items going "missing" in the post.

That comment is in no way intended to imply Paul has anything to do with this, rather that the postal systems are so bad that this happens so often.

Really quite shocking. :o

One thing to consider here is the shocking number of items going "missing" in the post.

That comment is in no way intended to imply Paul has anything to do with this, rather that the postal systems are so bad that this happens so often.

Really quite shocking. :o

Mine was claimed to be missing in the post, but in one of those emails from him to selina which i get a copy of he asked for a refund to be sent to me for the "m60 still in HK warehouse".

From that I assume that its more likely invoices going missing or items not tallied properly that causes all these "losses".

Be sure to include a customs seizure number or proof of the item's weight when you received it... that should help you out quite a bit... I'm going through a similar problem with another firm.

editted for grammar

Thanks for the tip, I will do so as soon as PayPal gets back to me.

Good news, nice green package showed up on my doorstep today. Oddly it was shipped from a different company in Hong Kong (probably another one of Paul's businesses) UPS blue. It was shipped out on Tuesday and in my hands today. Funny thing is just about an hour before I got it Jesse sent me an email saying it would be sent out by the end of the week LOL. I can now breath a sigh of relief since I have what I paid for. In hindsight, I will probably do business (though not guns) with EBB again as in the end they did the right thing.....it just took forever...............

Their logistics system is doing more harm than good, even though they are doing good business. I just emailed them about my order that has been 'processing' for 7 days, and I got an tracking number back in the reply!

Eventhough the order is moving along, the system shows "Processing" concerns people.

Well, even when I did get tracking, it took a few days to start showing up on hongkongpost mail tracking. And when it did it showed my item had just shipped (this was on Friday 07/03 last week)! So even going from "Processing" to "Shipped" on the site and getting "tracking" does not mean your item has actually shipped.

But it sure is taking a while to get from Hong Kong, cross the South China Sea and get to the Philippines! It's now Friday again and I am still waiting for my package or some notice from the post office that I need to claim it (sometimes happens when Customs wants to have a peek).

Paul, I was feeling pretty optimistic about this shipment and your changes to streamline things, but now my opinion of EBB is back to where it was a year ago.

BTW items are coming form inside China not port city of HK, so it should take longer.

I suppose that could explain the extra 3 days before tracking worked? And it's been in transit 5 days now through post. It must be swimming over here on the backs of leatherback sea turtles!

EBB is like the Chinese version of Evike; they might not be as fast or reliable as the competition but they have good prices on some stuff you can't get anywhere else.

Lately I placed three separate 1-item orders (if ONLY there was an option to combine shipping and get EMS) with the following results:

1) Order placed June 29, tracking number received July 3, "Foreign Acceptance" July 4, delivered in U.S. July 9.

2) Order placed June 30, I got impatient and asked for a tracking number on July 7, got a reply from Jesse with a tracking number the same day, got an automated email with the same tracking number on July 8, "Foreign Acceptance" July 9.

3) Order placed July 5, no tracking number yet.

So it may not be a perfect system, but it looks like a big improvement. Keep it up, and offer EMS! For some unfair comparison, here's a 10-item order I placed at RSOV. This is all stuff I could have got from EBB, and with EMS shipping the cost was about the same:

Order placed June 29, "Foreign Acceptance" June 30, tracking number received July 1, delivered in U.S. July 2.

Archived