• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? woodland uniforms are cheap, if he plays like I do he goes through unifroms quickly,

I have some woodland SDS pouches on the way, while I have some more modern ones made.

I have a giant hard-on for woodland. Works great green-side in 99% of the U.S. A lot of big OPs require woodland for some teams, too.

well it'll be woodland on multicam as I love my JPC too much to give it up for a RAV or something else in woodland. I was able to mimic my current AOR1 kit in paraclete and SDS pouches for a whopping $60 shipped, thats less than the ebay value of one of my AOR1 pouches..... On the other hand the custom pouches aren't cheap....

Why? woodland uniforms are cheap, if he plays like I do he goes through unifroms quickly,

I have some woodland SDS pouches on the way, while I have some more modern ones made.

Well, for one, a matching color of both gear and uniform is less likely to give you away, and it generally looks better too.

I'd say it depends more where you play whether matching will be less likely to give you away, I often play in quite sparse woods with lots of exposed clay-y soil, it makes more sense to mix there than be a big green blob in the landscape. I also like the look, but that's a matter of opinion.

Well, for one, a matching color of both gear and uniform is less likely to give you away, and it generally looks better too.

I'd say that's an opinion, one that can be disproven by looking at many places people play in, including a couple fields that I frequent. Concealment wise, it's not that bad, and it can work much better than one solid piece of Multicam/Woodland/whatever if you know what you're doing. I've been able to blend in well with ACU in the middle of a Washington rainforest because 95% of airsofters don't really know about camouflage past "this kind works, and looks cool".

Not to mention that we're doing impressions of Special Forces, and right now the majority of SFG guys aren't getting gear that is the same color as their uniforms.

Edited by Nasty_TheYankWelshOne

Not to mention that we're doing impressions of Special Forces, and right now the majority of SFG guys aren't getting gear that is the same color as their uniforms.

Not only that but guys are having to blend in with ANA units that use woodland uniforms, but no-one makes readily available modern woodland pouches or PCs so guys are just using what they have and like.

Its funny too as I find solid pattern kits tend to stick out in my neck of the woods ( mostly because people that use matching uniforms are usually in fake multicam thats too light, AOR1, or ATACS in the middle of a swamp) more than mixed pattern kits do, I also think mixed pattern kits look better (well more realistic), especially multicam and woodland.

Edited by frogfish

Not only that but guys are having to blend in with ANA units that use woodland uniforms, but no-one makes readily available modern woodland pouches or PCs so guys are just using what they have and like.

Its funny too as I find solid pattern kits tend to stick out in my neck of the woods ( mostly because people that use matching uniforms are usually in fake multicam thats too light, AOR1, or ATACS in the middle of a swamp) more than mixed pattern kits do, I also think mixed pattern kits look better (well more realistic), especially multicam and woodland.

I think it's a good look. I'm partial to CB bases with MC accessories here and there. Breaks it up and helps me feel less-cheap for wearing CB instead of all MC. :)

Acutally no. You run into the trap of not breaking up your shape that way and being one recognizable human shaped chunk of mulitcam, DPM, etc.. Diffrerent pants and top for one will break up the form of your body, along a different belt kit or plate carrier.

There is an art to it, if you're in the green wet woods and wearing arid tops and bottoms with a black vest you've blown it. Go in with pants that match the forrest iltter, a top that matches the low hanging foliage, and a rig that's inbeteen and suddenly you're invisible.

Acutally no. You run into the trap of not breaking up your shape that way and being one recognizable human shaped chunk of mulitcam, DPM, etc.. Diffrerent pants and top for one will break up the form of your body, along a different belt kit or plate carrier.

There is an art to it, if you're in the green wet woods and wearing arid tops and bottoms with a black vest you've blown it. Go in with pants that match the forrest iltter, a top that matches the low hanging foliage, and a rig that's inbeteen and suddenly you're invisible.

On top of that, a lot of these SF loadouts that we are used to seeing are based off what is used in the Middle East. If ya'll haven't noticed, theres a huge difference between that AO and most fields in the US and UK. Sure, some are mocked-up as such, but around here, it's dense foliage and MOUT areas that are in the woods.

Real steel, yes?

Yep, my LMT Defender 2000 with a BCM upper I put together to make a SOPMOD Block II. Yeah, I guess they jump straight to airsoft if its CONUS. If you look closely though, its a 14.5 with a pinned BCM extended A2 flash hider to bring it to legal length. I do play with all of this though too. These were actually taken at the course I play at, just before we opened.

Yep, my LMT Defender 2000 with a BCM upper I put together to make a SOPMOD Block II. Yeah, I guess they jump straight to airsoft if its CONUS. If you look closely though, its a 14.5 with a pinned BCM extended A2 flash hider to bring it to legal length. I do play with all of this though too. These were actually taken at the course I play at, just before we opened.

Funny how you can have a loadout type photo posted somewhere like facebook, it gets entirely dismissed if the mall-ninjas think the rifle fires BBs, yet as soon as it's revealed to fire lead it's all "ooh, cool setup man, which belt is that you're running?". Gotta love that *suitcase*.

• 2 weeks later...