WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

@Luis21: The retaining pin for the bolt catch is approx. 2,3mm in diameter, and 13mm long. It's the curled end type if I'm not mistaken. Measured the pin from my own WE M4, which I removed and replaced with a different solution. Don't know what it's called in English, but it looks like this:

frp.gif

The specs I went for:

d1 = 2,5mm

l = 13mm

The rest won't matter much.

I bought a slightly larger one than required and bent it slightly into shape and whacked it into place with a hammer. The WE standard one tends to fall out. This thing won't go anywhere.

Thanks MODDAN, I appreciate it.

That would be a roll pin. Does the new, larger pin that you installed allow the bolt catch to still move freely without any resistance?

Thanks again,

-Luis

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

@Luis21: The hole on the bolt catch is larger than the holes for the retaining pin, which is quite logical. So the slightly larger roll pin is no problem. I can't at present measure the size of the hole of the bolt catch (the roll pin holds it in place quite fiercely), but it is indeed larger than the 2,5mm specified above. Also I mentioned that I had to modify the pin in order to make it fit the holes in the lower receiver, which also helps the free movement of the bolt catch.

@Luis21: The hole on the bolt catch is larger than the holes for the retaining pin, which is quite logical. So the slightly larger roll pin is no problem. I can't at present measure the size of the hole of the bolt catch (the roll pin holds it in place quite fiercely), but it is indeed larger than the 2,5mm specified above. Also I mentioned that I had to modify the pin in order to make it fit the holes in the lower receiver, which also helps the free movement of the bolt catch.

Thanks for all your help MODDAN, I really appreciate it big time. I should be installing a pin from my parts pile as soon as my rifle arrives then.

Thanks again and I can't wait to use my CQBR.

How's the stock accuracy with a clean V3 bucking and the 6.02 chrome-lined barrel?

-Luis

my SPR has done nice Outs at 60 meters, but it has not been tested for the grouping and precision shots on targets. On the other hand, my M4 is capable to hit 14x14cm targets at 20 meters, while aiming with the iron sight

Nice, thanks.

All I want it to do is hit what I point at the first shot. I don't want it to curve or have stray shots.

-Luis

hi

just picked up a we m4 which apparently is one of the early versions.

from what i have read in this thread so far it will not take co2 without something breaking, so could someone advise me on

what parts i would need to upgrade it to co2 compatible. it currently has been upgraded with steel bolt and steel bolt catch.

i have read up to page 75 but my eyes are hurting now :rolleyes:

cheers

jay

hi

from what i have read in this thread so far it will not take co2 without something breaking, so could someone advise me on

what parts i would need to upgrade it to co2 compatible. it currently has been upgraded with steel bolt and steel bolt catch.

i have read up to page 75 but my eyes are hurting now :rolleyes:

cheers

jay

Bolt as in loading nozzle? Because the WE comes stock with a steel bolt carrier.

But yeah, get a beefier, steel CO2 loading nozzle.

-Luis

hi

what parts i would need to upgrade it to co2 compatible. it currently has been upgraded with steel bolt and steel bolt catch....

jay

I'm not sure what you mean by steel bolt; AFAIK part #33 has not changed from V1. There ought to be a list of version upgrades somewhere.

I run a V1 WE on CO2; the main thing you will need is the CO2 nozzle assembly--this includes a new brass chamber, a useless centering block and a SCAR-style nozzle. You'll also need a V2 NPAS if you want to adjust the FPS.

Parts #59, 66, 23, 26, and 44 have all been known to break, and I suspect CO2 causes them to fail sooner than propane. At the very least I would suggest upgrading the charging handle and part #66. Also make absolutely certain the nozzle is centered using the WE M4 wiki guide.

Thanks for the info. Now that I´ve thought about it, that WA barrel might not be such a great a idea. The thing is, that I´m planning to convert my WE into a british L119A1 and those are the only reasonable parts I´ve found so far...

Just buy a WE CQB-R barrel and put the extention from the WA barrel on it. Problem solved.

Has anyone tried fitting RS upper receivers on their WE? I ask this because the thought of WE ever releasing an A2 model grows bleak and I'm looking at Brownells where stripped A2 uppers can be had for $92. Stripped uppers do not require an FFL to purchase and so can be bought legally by just about anyone with $92. I just don't want to plunk down the cash, have the part sent all the way and find out it doesn't fit.

I would be curious what kind of FPS range people are getting with the NPAS and CO2. I'm going to try running mine CQC this weekend, but I don't have a chrono and I'm not even sure which way to turn the screw.

Also, since I've rebuilt the gun I get intermittent sticking of the bolt assembly in the last inch of its travel. I can't figure out where the resistance is coming from--it seems totally random. Most of the time it snaps into place, but when it sticks it's either just shy of the charging handle latching or with the bolt about an inch from closing.

I've got my nozzle perfectly centered, I polished the beveled edge of the chamber and everything is clean and lubed. Maybe I need a new #122?

Both our V1 WE M4s and my mates V3 have 14mm- thread and as such I have added a L119 barrel on mine on occasions along with the older style stock etc.

The bolt locking back issue I have seen before on a V3 and was the result of the buffer tube not being correctly installed !

It requires it to be screwed in further