WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Hi Guys, I have been very interested in purhasing a WE for quite a bit, then the old pound dropped against the dollar, Now it is back up a bit. I might as well go for it. Now since coming back onto this link, I have been trying to read thought, got to page 120. What I want is a little bit of an update.

I can see there was the 1st & 2nd Gen, Now the new C02, a few pages back someone talks about 3rd Gen. Ok So what I want to know is the standard Gas ver are they all now 2 or 3rd gen and or is the co2 packages 3rd Gen or... is it just the M16 thats 3rd gen. ( I will order from Airsoft Buddy)

Am really sorry, but am somewhat confused and I have spend 8 hours so far re-reading this post, However I want to order this tommorrow, before I end up spending the cash on something else.

Just pick up the CO2 version, as that is the most updated.

All the other versions have had a million issues sorted out before it got to the CO2 version, so our discussion previously may not be 100% relevant.

When I get to evaluate the CO2 version I will write up something about it also.

I thought the only difference between the M16A3 and the M16A3 Co2 version was that the latter comes with a Co2 mag?

AFAIK, they are both Co2 ready, correct?

Ben.

Nope only the Co2 version can take Co2 mags. All the others need the Co2 convishon kit to use the Co2 mags.

Please don't quote pictures rvp, it isn't the done thing here, especially when the original pictures are on the same page.

All good man sorry for that, i get the same comments on our nz forums lol...im still pretty much a noob when it comes to forum posting,as above i cant even cut and paste a quote lol

Edited by rvp69

as far as lowering fps, my m4 has the shortened cqb tight bore inner, that i centered with an o-ring. The co2 nozzel has definately stabilized the fps, as far as hop goes i cut 2mm off each nib and i now have excellent hop control :)

Edited by rvp69
I thought the only difference between the M16A3 and the M16A3 Co2 version was that the latter comes with a Co2 mag?

Ben.

As far as we are aware mate the latest versions are all CO2 capable just some come with the CO2 mag and others do not .

Of course by latest versions I mean the very latest ones (from CQBR and M16-A3 times onwards)

Ben.

It has been announced that the new SCAR will come with CO2 specification components regardless of the actual version ordered. I would therefore assume that the M4 & M16 variants have already or will shortly start leaving the factory CO2 ready regardless of the magazine included.

For the moment DO NOT ASSUME that any Gas rifle currently bought will be CO2 ready! check with your supplier directly or open it up and check the fitted parts.

Edited by Marky [UE]

Ok, well I've got my M16 right here. What should the Co2 parts look like, and where would they be?

Ben.

EDIT:: Ok, I don't believe this.

So, I've been happily toying around with the gun all day yesterday.

I go to bed.

I wake up.

The magazine leaks like a sieve. It won't hold charge at all.

Not only that, the bolt catch/dry fire mode switch suddenly doesn't work.

:o

What the heck happened in the 8 hours I slept!?

EDIT 2:: Ok, so I fired a mag through the gun, and surprisingly, the bolt catch does still work (it appears to be permanently in dry-fire mode when there are BB's in the mag :lol:).

It's both valves that are leaking :(

What should I do?

Edited by L4byr1nth

my bolt catch didn't work either. (Very first batch of guns aka Vers1)

Bought the steel bolt catch (you already got build in): didn't work

shortened the bolt catch lever spring: didn't work

installed the TSC bolt catch plates: works perfectly now.

My mag's still leaking as well. You can only lub the heck out of it or replace the seals.

It was leaking really bad this morning.

I've managed to get it down to a small whine from the bottom fill vavle by repeatedly charging the gas and then dry firing the gun.

Maybe it'll get better if I just leave it with a tiny bit of gas in it?

Ben.

Its seemed to me that the more I used my mags, the less leaky they became.
Eliminator is 100% right. I own 12 mags and all of them leaked the first time I charged them. After about 5 to 10 charges they sealed up like a champ. Also Its up to you but I leave a spurt of gas in the mags at all time and they never leak........don't leave the mag somewhere that will be exposed to serious HEAT like a oven or something..LOL.

Side note I just received an Email (anonymous) ;) that a new upgrade to the AWSS will be introduced next week sometime. I don't know exactly what the part does but it is a uni-directional valve guide rod assembly. I was told that it will increase the consistency more than any part that has been released. If someone knows exactly what this will do and how it will help improve the consistency chime in.

My new CQBR version DOES NOT have the CO2 nozzle.

I ordered the CO2 kit from AirsoftBuddy. The Brass chamber looks identical to what is in my CQBR but the actual nozzle is quite different.

You made a wise decision, the inside of the CO2 brass chamber is different than the standard chamber. Wait till you install the CO2 kit you will love it
My new CQBR version DOES NOT have the CO2 nozzle.

I ordered the CO2 kit from AirsoftBuddy. The Brass chamber looks identical to what is in my CQBR but the actual nozzle is quite different.

The brass chamber is not identical. You do need to change the brass chamber for the CO2 nozzle to fit.

Can someone explain how the hop up works? I took mine apart today and was experimenting with it, and I just do not see how it even works.

Also, when I turn the hop up all the way up, the ball bearing doesnt seem like it is engaging the hop-up rubber at all. If anyone if familiar with this mechanism, can you please explain it to me?

After further inspection, I think the part #109 is missing from my hop up. I didnt lose it, it just never was there.

Also, I am confused with part #118, its the hop-up nub correct? Because my hop up is circular and goes around the barrel. The one that the manual shows is just a little piece of plastic with the nub attached. Are these the different version hop-ups, which is which?

Edited by Eliminator56
Can someone explain how the hop up works? I took mine apart today and was experimenting with it, and I just do not see how it even works.

Also, when I turn the hop up all the way up, the ball bearing doesnt seem like it is engaging the hop-up rubber at all. If anyone if familiar with this mechanism, can you please explain it to me?

After further inspection, I think the part #109 is missing from my hop up. I didnt lose it, it just never was there.

Also, I am confused with part #118, its the hop-up nub correct? Because my hop up is circular and goes around the barrel. The one that the manual shows is just a little piece of plastic with the nub attached. Are these the different version hop-ups, which is which?

your hop up rubber is the new version. the one in your manual is the last version.

the nub just hangs down a few millimeters in front of a rubbery plastic chamber. the bb is loaded into the rubber chamber(not touching the hop up). when the bb is fired, it rolls under the hop up so it forces it to spin backwards.

you could be missing the ball. are you?

Edited by Horsem4n