WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Interesting news that RA-Tech has developed their own M4A1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT4_wa0caU4

The RA-Tech rifle shown in the video is based on the WA system design, with an RA-Tech manufactured upper and lower receiver, RIS rail, and key internal componants. As well, they developed their own 20 round magazine.

Good to see another serious competitor enter the market.

Edited by Basic-Wedge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT4_wa0caU4

The RA-Tech rifle shown in the video is based on the WA system design, with an RA-Tech manufactured upper and lower receiver, RIS rail, and key internal componants. As well, they developed their own 20 round magazine.

This is WE section, and you're posting a WA product o.O

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/203491-ra-techs-own-m4-gbb-safe-semi-burst/

This is WE section, and you're posting a WA product o.O

Dammit! You beat me to it... :fear2::no: Edited by rvlyssup
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently finished a Canadian Forces style C7A2 build, using a 500mm length Angry Gun 6.03 tight bore barrel in a WE M16A3 GBBR. I thought I'd pass along my impressions of this new inner barrel:

The Angry Gun barrel is a nicely polished stainless steel piece, which arrived packed in a soft section of poly tubing, with tight fitting caps sealing each end. I was pleased to find the bore is polished to a particularly high standard and was spotlessly clean. I can't count the number of times I've received a new barrel, and immediately had to clean it, including instances where bits of metal shavings left over from the manufacturing process had to be swabbed out. That certainly wasn't a problem with this barrel from Angry Gun.

All the machining is good and precise. The crown is well cut, the chamber end is smooth, and the grooves for the bucking are exactly where they need to be, and cut to the perfect depth. An RA-Tech bucking fit my barrel with ideal precission. I always wrap my buckings with Teflon tape for a gas-tight seal, but the fit here is so precise, I probably could've skipped this step.

The overall length of my barrel measured at 500mm exactly, right on spec. The fit within the outer barrel could not be better. The new inner barrel ends where it needs to and sits tight, with no floating. When I finished the build, I figured this gun would likely be a tack driver, and it is! It'll group shots within a couple of inches at 25m, hitting a man-sized target at 50-60 meters with ease. In wind-free conditions, it can range out beyond 70 meters, and overall groups are as good as any I've seen fired from any airsoft rifle.

I'm sure you can tell I'm very pleased with this barrel from Angry Gun, and I intend to use these in all my future rifle builds. I give it an enthusiastic 10 out of 10. Highly recommended!

Don't be frightenend about the prospect of disassembling your WE M4/16. :)

Here are a couple of YouTube videos I'd recommend to anyone unfamiliar with gas rifle disassembly:

These two videos, from AirSplat in the U.S., cover the conversion of a closed bolt WE to open bolt configuration. The first video pertains to the upper receiver, the second focuses on the lower receiver. Watch them both, and you'll have a clear idea of how to deal with any WE M4/16 rifle, whether closed or open bolt.

Cheers!

Edited by Basic-Wedge

Don't be frightenend about the prospect of disassembling your WE M4/16. :)

I'm not I'm frighten that the aftermarket part will not be a direct drop in. It happened to a number of parts hence the reason I prefer they preinstall it (so it takes the guess work out)

Like anyone else, the first thing I do with GBB is strip it to it's individual parts and reassemble it. (even my KSC M9)

Great videos those AirSplat videos, thanks! I knew most of that allready but seeing it done doesnt hurt!

But in order to get the RA barrel pre-installed you have to buy the complete RA rifle, but I assume you allready have a WE M4 ? So the Angry Gun makes more sense ? Also I've heard so-so feedback on the RA Barrels.

Changing the inner barrel is not very complicated, just takes quiet a bit of disassembly.

Great videos those AirSplat videos, thanks! I knew most of that allready but seeing it done doesnt hurt!

But in order to get the RA barrel pre-installed you have to buy the complete RA rifle, but I assume you allready have a WE M4 ? So the Angry Gun makes more sense ? Also I've heard so-so feedback on the RA Barrels.

Changing the inner barrel is not very complicated, just takes quiet a bit of disassembly.

I got the RA tech custom already

I was wasking the question

Is Angry gun better than RA

About the OB conversion videos, I have a few comments.

On the upper.

Get the bolt and charging handle out ASAP.

Don't unscrew the barrel extension.

Don't remove front sight, remove the gas tube, it's one little pin in the front site (not 3 pins and a screw), and you pull the gas tube back into the resiver and then pull it out past the front site.

If you need the spacer put it on the hopup, much easer to line up right, also put the hopup into the outerbarrel again this will help guiding the parts together real easy

On the lower

Don't take out the mag release, it holds no other parts, it's just a vast of time to do so.

Don't do the bolt release in the middel of changing the trigger pack.

Do take out the rear screw before punching the pin,

Do keep the hammer cocked so FA parts a held in place.

Yes there is a order to do some of the steps in, when taking it apart,its grip then selector then rear screwand last pin, when putting it together again it's pin first and then screw then selector and last grip.

About the selector spring, just put the grip straight down on the resiver and hold it on while you screw the grip screw in.

On the Mag parts

The lips 99% of the time has molding flashes that you will need to trim.

I was just noticing, for a type of rifle not thought of as being well suited to cold climates, WE gas rifles sure have enough fans in northern countries! B)

Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Canada... it's often chilly, but we love our gas guns. :D

Edited by Basic-Wedge

In their latest video, RA-Tech has announced their intention to soon offer an aluminium nozzle to replace the OEM model in WE M4/16 rifles. No word on projected cost, but you can see it for yourself:

Edited by Basic-Wedge

I see the nozzle as a deliberate weak point in the system.

Apart from having the bolt slam home on the pot metal hop unit, you will have the additional stress of a alu nozzle hitting it.

Plus it could potentially increase the chances of when a misfeed occourres, the BB is shattered in the chamber which could cause some serious issues.

Finally is the cool down factor, an alu nozzle will freeze long before a plastic one does.

Lol, sounds like symtoms of a WA! (J/K WA peeps, put the purses & pocketbooks away. Yes I own a few and love em!)

I actually thought the same thing but it may actually be better. Not too many malfunctioning issues w/ the OB platform stock or w/steel upgrades. That in itself seems to be a plus. I for one will be trying out that AL nozzle. Perfect opportunity to upgrade another one of my M4s.