WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Hi guys I'm thinking about picking one of these up, and wondered if you could answer a few questions:

- From what i've read, buying the RA tech custom WEM4 would be a bad idea, and I should just get a standard OB WEM4 instead. Is that right?

-What are my choices regarding upgrades externally? Ideally I'd want a VIS2 upper receiver, is this possible? Also, Weekenny had problems with an ambi selector. What ambi selectors are compatible with the WEM4?

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Hi guys I'm thinking about picking one of these up, and wondered if you could answer a few questions:

- From what i've read, buying the RA tech custom WEM4 would be a bad idea, and I should just get a standard OB WEM4 instead. Is that right?

-What are my choices regarding upgrades externally? Ideally I'd want a VIS2 upper receiver, is this possible? Also, Weekenny had problems with an ambi selector. What ambi selectors are compatible with the WEM4?

WHAT?!?

I run a RA-Tech Custom WE M4 with RA-Tech steel bolt carrier, its great

If you want to cheap out and end up having a broken gun 8-12k down the round then go with standard WE M4

Its true there's better manufacture for some parts (CWI's hammer, and PDI inner barrel for example)

however, to get OOTB working one, I'd go with RA-Tech Custom. Make sure you get the steel bolt carrier as well so that the steel firing mechanism won't destroy bolt carrier.

VIS2 =Yes

dscf3564j.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice M4 :P

Got a quick question for you, how are the ARC magazines? I can't seem to find a review for them anywhere and I found a report on another forum that the ARC mags don't allow the propane bottle nozzle to reach into the mag valve.

Also, did you have to do any filing work to fit the mags, and do they allow you to drop-mag multiple times without damaging the internals of the mag? I'm planning to outfit all my WE M4 mags soon for my SCAR and my upcoming M4 project and I'll like some feedback for the mag shells, thanks! :D

Fit is perfect,in both my SCAR's and M4, no mods required.

yes the fill valve is set about 5-7mm deep, so i use an extension for the gas/propane bottle, a standard green gas bottle nozzle wont reach, AI propane adaptor does though.

I wouldnt like to say on "drop-mag" testing, but they are tough and very sturdy.

Fit is perfect,in both my SCAR's and M4, no mods required.

yes the fill valve is set about 5-7mm deep, so i use an extension for the gas/propane bottle, a standard green gas bottle nozzle wont reach, AI propane adaptor does though.

I wouldnt like to say on "drop-mag" testing, but they are tough and very sturdy.

Thanks for the info! Mind linking the adaptor for me (for the longer gas bottle nozzle; I haven't come across any in HK and I don't think it's a common airsoft item here)? I won't be getting the AI propane adaptor as nobody has access to propane bottles here in HK, I'm stuck with Top/Red/Green gas at the moment.

Actually would it be possible to drill the hole a little bigger so that the larger end near the very ends of the top gas bottle nozzle be able to fit through the mag shell to push against the fill valve? I'm thinking if it's possible to do so the only issue I might have is a weaker bottom on the mag since I've decrease the mag shell's structural rigidity.

Thanks for commenting on the durability of the shell too, regardless of whether you can comment on whether it's 'drop-mag durable' :P

adapter is the small one in this link,its what i use for green gas, it came as part of the propane kithttp://www.airsoft-innovations.com/products/ai-gungas-propane-adaptor-kit,

i think Western Arms used to do similar adapters because some of there mag valves were deeper than normal,wilson combat etcc.. might be worth a look for one of those.

you could drill the hole bigger, but im not sure youd reach it even then, ill get some pics up later to show you.

• Like 1

quick pics, as you can see the adapter needs to go in the base of the mag by about 15mm, and still have room to press in on the valve,

p1000522z.jpg

little black line is the depth, without pressing in on the valve,

p1000524dr.jpg

ARC mag is overall about 10mm longer than standard GI style.

p1000525z.jpg

hope this helps, the photos are a little rushed, apologies.

• Like 1

quick pics, as you can see the adapter needs to go in the base of the mag by about 15mm, and still have room to press in on the valve,

hope this helps, the photos are a little rushed, apologies.

Thanks so much! :D I thought the AI kit only comes with the propane tank adapter, apparently I'm wrong :P

Thanks for the detailed photos and comparisons between the stock GI mag and the ARC mag shell too! :D

Edited by intinerious

Hey there. Just got my WE M4A1 (a CO2 AFC w. trades, actually). For the record, I'm a complete gbbr noob. Took it out for a spin and here's the first issue: cocking the gun makes the forward assist button (and the spring) to pop out. Can't see anything that could actually retain the button in there (i.e. on part #30, I guess). Any ideas what/how I could fix this? Thx

Edited by sioux

You would need to get a replacement pin. A pin for the real steel forward assist assembly should work. Not sure if there are gun shops readily avaliable in your country, or if you are allowed to import from the US. www.brownells.com has it just search dmps foward assist.

Either guy the complete kit : http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=17517/Product/FORWARD-ASSIST-ASSEMBLY-ROUND

Or just the pin : http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=17515/Product/FORWARD-ASSIST-PIN

Or if you want to try and get an airsoft pin check AirsoftBuddy or RA-Tech, they usually have all the small parts etc.

Or try e-mailing support@weairsoft.com explaining your problem.

Or contact the place where you bought the gun from.

EDIT: Wait ? There is suposed to be a small screw on the top of the foward assist button, is that the one that's missing, or the actual retaning pin ? Part #32 is the pin, the screw is not specified in the schematics.

Edited by NonEx

@NonEx: Thanks bud. #32 seems to be in the right place, but indeed I don't see any screw on the top of the button (and don't see any place where that screw should go in either). I guess there's either a missing link between #30 and #31 or a defective #30 (or #31). Anyways, apart from RS (which not sure if I could get it shipped over here), can't find any aftermarket button designed for WE, they're all seem to be very fond of WA o_O (Ra Tech incl.) Would a WA button fit? Thanks again

Edited by sioux

Well there should be a hole in the button for the screw (right in the center of the face of the button), at least there is on mine (RS does not have a screw there, mybe you got a different batch version of the forward assist assembly). Sounds like a factory problem. I would suggest you e-mail the ones i mentioned above, RA Tech, Airsoft Buddy and WE Support. I doubt a WA button will work.

Edited by NonEx