District 9

Stealthbomber

This has just become my 2nd most favorite movie of all time. Everything was just so perfect, and I love how they made it look like a documentary, until the end.

Spoilers!

I also loved the character development, as Wilkis started off as a poor clumsy weak sod, and then slowly turned into the tragic hero of the movie.

I thought that the CGI in the movie was just ridiculosly fantastic. From the aliens, to the special effects, it was just flawless.

I love how when Chris saw the mutilated body of a fellow prawn, he just had this sad expression in his eyes, and I even felt his sadness with him.

You don't get that with many movies with computer animated things :o

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought that the CGI in the movie was just ridiculosly fantastic. From the aliens, to the special effects, it was just flawless.

I agree, but i just know by the time it comes out in Blu-Ray they will make CGI look even better in new movies

• 2 weeks later...

I love this movie, altho I kinda knew what to expect, because the Director Neil Bloomkamp, made a short movie in 2005 with the same overall story, aliens in refugee camps, it has the same feel, tone and even the main character was in it as a officer... Looks like District 9 is the long version of his short movi, check it out in youtube "Alive in Joburg"

Also another short movie by the same director that I recommend is Adidas Adicolor Yellow... If you liked District 9, you'll like it too...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived