Futuristic Superyachts

elrey

It'll be cool 'till the real orcas find it and decide to mate with it.

lulz. Although I'll say this, it's nice to see some variation on the "yacht" theme. You go down to a harbor and even though their cool looking, most of em look... well the same :P

I wouldn't want a yacht like that.

I'd get an existing ship, one with a double acting ice breaker hull and 360º azimuthing thrusters.

Then I'd retro-fit a hanger and deck for a V-22 osprey and have a Paragon VSV as a tender.

I'd have a surplus nuclear pile as a power source, reverse osmosis desalinating and a waste treatment plant.

Then I'd sort out some luxury appointments.

I wouldn't want a yacht like that.

I'd get an existing ship, one with a double acting ice breaker hull and 360º azimuthing thrusters.

Then I'd retro-fit a hanger and deck for a V-22 osprey and have a Paragon VSV as a tender.

I'd have a surplus nuclear pile as a power source, reverse osmosis desalinating and a waste treatment plant.

Then I'd sort out some luxury appointments.

You might be able to fit a TV in there if you're lucky.

I worked for three years in a company that made masts for Super Yachts, such as the Tiara

1TIARA.jpg

The boom on that swiveled 90 degrees out of the way so a Helicopter could land on the rear deck.

Another one was the Red Dragon

1RDRAG_sailing.jpg

And the biggest one i ever worked on was the Kokomo, which had a 68 metre long mast, and the top twenty or thirty feet of mast was hinged so it could fit under the Panama Bridge.

1Kokomosailing.jpg

The money spent on these is phenominal. On the Red Dragon, there's a main control centre "Brain" where you can do EVERYTHING on the yacht, from open the blinds in the bedroom to flush the toilet in the ensuite.

RDrag_pilothouse.jpg

Archived