The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

In my experience, they're good chronos. Better then the POS Madbulls my site uses anyway.

Heh, not exactly. While it would probably work powered straight off a 7.4 V LiPo, I didn't want to risk damaging it so I made a simple voltage regulator circuit to feed it a steady 6 V.

Lipochrono.jpg

The brown board is the one I added. Hopefully the constant supply voltage means it works more consistently too.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Reeeet here's a dumb question. I have myself a Eotech 551 replica - but I can't secure it to the rail (have tried it on 3 different rails) I have a 552 replica which fits on fine but for the life of me I can't work out what to do with the 551. It seems that they have different ways of mounting. With the 552 you tighten the screw into the tab which locks it on the rail. However the 551 does not have a tab at all, nor a cut out for one. Here's a pic to illustrate: 

OPDBpyj.png

any ideas?

Reeeet here's a dumb question. I have myself a Eotech 551 replica - but I can't secure it to the rail (have tried it on 3 different rails) I have a 552 replica which fits on fine but for the life of me I can't work out what to do with the 551. It seems that they have different ways of mounting. With the 552 you tighten the screw into the tab which locks it on the rail. However the 551 does not have a tab at all, nor a cut out for one. Here's a pic to illustrate: 

OPDBpyj.png

any ideas?

Could you take a quick snap of the underside of your one?

Could you take a quick snap of the underside of your one?

its at home (well actually my parents house but its where the heart is an all that) 

I can fit it to the rail and tighen the screw but it never really goes anywhere. Not sure if its a defect as it all looks pretty good construction wise. oh well

Will real magpul ranger plates fit PTS and clone PMags? My mind says yes but thought it worth asking as I've found some cheaper than PTS ones hah

I should make a video.

Real Magpul Rangers will fit PTS PMAGS fine.

Clone PMAGS will not, because the base plate doesn't have the locking button on them, at least the beta-project green label pmags donot.

I should make a video.

Real Magpul Rangers will fit PTS PMAGS fine.

Clone PMAGS will not, because the base plate doesn't have the locking button on them, at least the beta-project green label pmags donot.

Awesome, thanks. I've got 6 of what I think are legitimate PTS PMags (they came in similar packets at least) as my mainstay for now. Considering picking up more as and when I find them up for sale at alright prices (It does happen) just to have redundancies. Genuinely upset me when I heard the companies were parting ways.

Awesome, thanks. I've got 6 of what I think are legitimate PTS PMags (they came in similar packets at least) as my mainstay for now. Considering picking up more as and when I find them up for sale at alright prices (It does happen) just to have redundancies. Genuinely upset me when I heard the companies were parting ways.

I'll make a video next week, I'll have to borrow a PMAG to demo, as I sold them all. As long as they have a "Tab" at the bottom where you need to press down to remove the base-plate, the real ranger plates will work. If they don't the green label mags will still hold them, but won't "LOCK" into place, so you have a high chance of them flying off. Granted you could blue Loctite them on if you'd like, or glue them on.

"PTS" released a new magazine, called "EPM." They hold approx. 150 rounds, and can keep up with 40rps+ apparently. They are about $30 Canadian Each, the "Magpul PTS PMAG" where roughly $35 Canadian each.

pts_epm_magasin_black_main.jpg

Genuine PTS EPM magazine for M4/M16 AEG, 150 round capacity

Durable Dupont Polymer Material

Features rubber floorplate, orange coloured follower,orange full indicator, recessed grip panels, and ornament bullets

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's the average size of HPA tanks used for P* setups? One of my buddies is interested in going down that road and I'm trying to figure out if I can donate sell him a leftover WAS medium (which for some reason is enormous) vertical utility pouch I have somewhere... For the life of me no site lists dimensions...

What's the average size of HPA tanks used for P* setups? One of my buddies is interested in going down that road and I'm trying to figure out if I can donate sell him a leftover WAS medium (which for some reason is enormous) vertical utility pouch I have somewhere... For the life of me no site lists dimensions...

Carbon fiber ninja 90/4500 , 68/4500

Will the ASG http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/asg-bipod-for-aw308-metal- .308 bipod fit an ASG .338? Or does anyone know of a good quality Harris that will fit with little to no modifications?

Having a little trouble sourcing a Bipod I know will fit without resorting to a barrel mount.

• 1 month later...

New one, does someone manufacture a dual remote switch similar to the Surefire weapon light and laser combo but a standard tape switch instead of a RIS mounted one?

After a switch to control both my Surefire Scout clone and a VFC PEQ15 but want to fix it to my foregrip as opposed to the RIS clamp. Been searching for remote switches but nothing I search seems to come up with anything handy.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Dumb question incoming:

Turnigy nano-tech 7,4 v 2000 mah 15-25 C

Turnigy nano-tech 7,4 v 1800 mah 20-40 C

I don't know what the bold stats mean.The battery is better if the stats are higher or lower? I know they are the curent discharge or something like that.

Anyone kind enough to explain me  about those?

Thank you

Archived