The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

I've not done airsoft since 2009 so i have all sorts of problems and questions now i've taken it back up:

- i have a WE 1911 MEU and the magazine followers are pants (well documented issue) - are there any other magazines that fit? i'd love to skirmish it but at the moment it's an ornament.

- I also have a Maruzen APS-2 SV (or not an SV, i can't remember) which i gave to a well known vendor to "upgrade" many many moons ago and it's total *suitcase* (i asked for 400fps and it fires at about 340) - are these worth anything to anyone given that it'd need to be stripped and rebuilt before it can hit anything further away than the end of your toes?

- Finally i have an Classic Army M15 that Noah used to pass the time airsofting on the Ark... it had a systema gearbox and 1j spring dropped in by the same people because i said "i want it to fire at 328 fps here is lots of money" and predictably it fires at 280. I really cannot be bothered to strip it back to the gearbox so i'm thinking if i put an M16 length tightbore, covered the excess with a suppressor, and changed the hop for something made this century it might give it some more range?

If i'm better off chucking the whole lot in a skip and picking up a new gun in glorious two tone then please let me know :)

many thanks!

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Dumb Question:

Do I have to get a specific Mosfet for my TM 416?

Mosfets are just an electronic circuit that you wire into the AEGs electric wiring. The chip is not specific to the gun.

There are a few mosfets that are built into a trigger group that you install into a specific model of gun, but those will be advertised as being "for v3 gearbox" or something similar.

- WE 1911 MEU

- APS-2 SV

- Classic Army M15

WE 1911, bin it, get a TM. (says the TM snob)

APS2 and M15, it depends why the guns are shooting below the desired FPS. If the 'engineer' put in the wrong rating of spring then you can just change that and be where you need to be. However if the spring is the correct rating for what you asked for then there is most likely an air seal issue. That could be the piston head, hop or hop casing.

I can't say more without taking them apart myself.

If you replace the barrel and hop, well, that might improve your range (Which is far more important than FPS anyway) however, if the gun already has a decent hop and barrel then it might not improve it at all

Dumb Question:

Do I have to get a specific Mosfet for my TM 416?

Get a BTC spectre NOW before he sells out again.

You can fit a picofet in the but it's hard. The BTC is a drop in trigger replacement.

They sell new from btc for $105. And people buy them to resell at twice that a few months later because of the small batches.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

WE 1911, bin it, get a TM. (says the TM snob)

APS2 and M15, it depends why the guns are shooting below the desired FPS. If the 'engineer' put in the wrong rating of spring then you can just change that and be where you need to be. However if the spring is the correct rating for what you asked for then there is most likely an air seal issue. That could be the piston head, hop or hop casing.

I can't say more without taking them apart myself.

If you replace the barrel and hop, well, that might improve your range (Which is far more important than FPS anyway) however, if the gun already has a decent hop and barrel then it might not improve it at all

I have a new barrel and hop on order and i'm going to try using .25's instead of .20s....assuming i can re-assemble the thing and find a battery to fit in the new foregrip...

Think i'll just flog/trade the APS2 and the 1911 will remain as an ornament - i'll have to read up on the laws of trading RIFs. 

thanks 

Think i'll just flog/trade the APS2 and the 1911 will remain as an ornament - i'll have to read up on the laws of trading RIFs.

Short version (Lol, because there's a short version) Whoever you sell a RIF to must have a 'valid defence' or an 'exemption' to the law banning sale of RIFs. A regular airsofter has a valid defence, you only need proof that they play airsoft, ask for their site membership or UKARA, phone the site and confirm the membership is legit and sell away.

• 2 weeks later...

If your compression is good you would need a m100 - m105. Just multiply the springrating times 3,3. Just be wary that some manufacturers give a wrong advertised spring rating. Guarder, Prometheus and lonex are usually correct on their rating. ASG for one is not ( afaik). Start with a good airseal, then add spring closest under the fps goal then add ballbearing springguide and/or pistonhead. Barrel could also be changed to a more narrow barrel but thats the most expensive option with the fewest fps gains.

Does a remote switch in the form of a standard tape switch (not the Surefire ones that clamp to rail, I need a low profile one to tape to my grip) that can independently operate a Surefire Scout and PEQ exist?

Certain I've seen them in the past but had no luck tracking them down. Ideally want genuine switches over replicas too as the Scoutlight is a real one.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Need a new Chrono, the compact, rechargeable version.

I know madbull isn't reliable and my Guarder just gave the ghost.

I was wondering what brand might deliver reliable compact Chrono's?

Xortech looks toy like but is popular. UFC looks good as well? 

Also, this might be stupid, I need those red safety caps some AEG's come with 

As well as pistol and full length cleaning rods.

No Belgian show I know of carries them?

JG EBB 74U. Yay or nay?

Seen one for £150 posted (might be able to haggle) with three hi caps, one flash mag, two LiFe batteries and a charger.

I'm just after something for the odd time I don't want to wear my PCs or camp and just want something light and portable to play with whilst fitting in with an insurgent loadout.

Archived