The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, and that's fine to use in a NS2 KWA?

Should be assuming it is the standard metal slide guns. Plus it is UK temperatures.

As for Kickass it is Green-ish. Like many retailers that sell Green they vary on the amount of Silicon they add to the gas (propane) which can cause different readings with different companies gasses (however these are often only about 10-15fps so not a major one). Like Ultrair Summer gas which is Green but it often shoots 5fps lower on average than some site bought Chinese Green Gas or some of that Elite stuff i have seen around.

'FireKnife'

As above, if you use any of the load bearing parts you are "re-activating" the gun, even if the result is a non lethal airsoft gun.

You can use the stock, grips, sight mounts and so on but you can't use the bolt, barrel, reciever*, gas system and so on. Once you take of all the parts you can't use, you will need an airsoft gun to put under the parts you can use :(.

(*some guns you can use the reciever)

Basically gut it entirely and only use the furniture and a few external parts like sights. The reciever and the operating system are banned as that is re-activiation.

Check with the proper authority on what is correct and what isn't.

'FireKnife'

The HFC revolver is basic and is fed by a not very reliable gas in the grip mechanism.

These have a habit of breaking the valve and generating a leak that gets worse over time, how ever so long as it recieves good care and attention then it would be a fun, if underpowered and fixed hop-ed, piece.

'FireKnife'

I just boughta hk g36c, but was wondering, can you get the adapted grenade launcher for this, is their a conversion kit, or would I have to buy a different model?

thanks, Joss.

Here you go:

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ares-ag36-grenade-launcher-for-g36

(By the way, when the description says that a "recoil unit" is included, what it means is that a new gas block section is included to be fitted to the barrel.)

The HFC revolver is basic and is fed by a not very reliable gas in the grip mechanism.

These have a habit of breaking the valve and generating a leak that gets worse over time, how ever so long as it recieves good care and attention then it would be a fun, if underpowered and fixed hop-ed, piece.

'FireKnife'

are there any decent revolvers out there then, or am I out of luck?

Here you go:

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ares-ag36-grenade-launcher-for-g36

(By the way, when the description says that a "recoil unit" is included, what it means is that a new gas block section is included to be fitted to the barrel.)

but would that fit a g36c (the carbine varient) though?

Tanaka Pegasus system is what you want.

Pretty much as:

HFC and KWC ones are terrible power and reliability.

TM ones are ok but terrible power and a bugger to reload.

Marushin ones look good and that is it.

The only other ones are the shell loaded Dan Wesson ones that are made by some company but they are more air pistols as they get 400+ fps out of the shorter barrel ones.

And the less said about the Bell one, the better.

'FireKnife'

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. Just wanted to ask a stupid question.

I want to get my hands on a good amount (3-10K) of quality BBs and the only ones that I really trust from recommendations from a particular airsoft pro; these are Blasters and/or Excels.

What on-line retailed can I source these from reliably (I am based in the UK/London).

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Blasters can be picked up on eBay for about £6 a 3000 tub or £10-11 for a 6000 tub.

They are good, i got mine from some tacticalairsoft.co.uk site thing that was on eBay as they were cheap and shipped RM so i got them without too much P&P cost.

'FireKnife'

Archived