The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Time for my contribution to the dumb questions thread. I have googled but probably missed something which is why I am asking..... can a real steel M14 stock be fitted to a CYMA M14?

Would be wood so a bit of modification is likely possible but want to know if its practical before purchase.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got another question - I'm pretty sure this is a fairly stupid question.

I've recently aquired a rear wired DBoys M4 and need to replace the rear sling plate.

Am I right in thinking that I just need to unscrew the buffer tube and put the new plate in, then replace the buffer tube with the wiring running through the notch in the bottom of the sling plate?

Or is there more to it than that?

• 1 month later...

So I thought I would drop this here as well, I have recently acquired a RS Type 97 and I want to add a rail to the front end on the side. Just wondering if anyone has added a rail tot heir Type 97 and can advise what rail they used.

Also this part of the question is the dumb bit but I see a lot of the rails for say a G36c they have the rails and the Allen key bolts but they never show nuts to secure them ... does anyone know if these do normally actually come with nuts?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest question - also posted in the L96 thread, but I thought I'd put it here for greater exposure

Just picked up a TM L96 as my first entry into the world of sniping. I also picked up a PDI 130% spring and was told in the store I should be able to just drop it in.

Just had a skim through the L96 thread - am I right in thinking I need to add...lots to the gun before it'll work properly with the uprated spring? Be gentle as bolties are a totally new thing to me (used to rebuilding my AEGs though, although I guess that won't help)

You will need a fair bit yes, can't say exactly what as it has been a while. Obviously if you try and pull a spring 130% stronger than the gun intended with stock parts it will be the build up to a big failure.

'FireKnife'

Thanks for the answers thus far. I've had a read of the L96 thread (lasted a fair few cups of coffee), but most upgrades seemed to be geared towards the 500fps side of things as opposed to <450fps. I've posted in there, but I figured that this thread might also get a bit more exposure.

I think that part of the problem is that I've read so many different L96 upgrade threads, that I've basically confused myself - some places are saying just the piston sear will need replacing for the 130 spring, others are saying i'll need a new whole trigger and cylinder assembly.

Archived