The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off I should just point out that im a big wuss. Secondly I mostly play in wooded areas so diving about is a bit particular at the best of times

So knee pads. The ones ive seen that have been marketed exclusivity at airsofters seam to be the huge bulky kind where as im looking for something that you can hide under trousers and will offer adequate protection from flinging yourself into numerous opportunities of looking like a hero.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers :D

Oh my word I have so many dumb questions. Here's another.

I have 3 KJW P226 mags. 2 are new, and are fine. I keep them charged. The third came with the pistol, and started to leak about a week after I fired it at a skirmish and I didn't refill it. I took it apart (First bit of airsoft tech work I've done!), inspected the O-ring, lubed it up, and put it straight back in. It seemed to hold charge for about a day, then started leaking again. But very, very slowly. I let it leak, as it was leaking maybe 1% per day, and left it next to an open window. Yesterday, however, suddenly I heard hissing. Turned around, propane was spraying everywhere! Surprised my cat. :)

I haven't had the chance to open it up yet. Before I do I was wondering if anyone knew what might have happened, and how I can prevent it next time. I'm guessing the O-ring blew, but when I inspected it it seemed fine.

Thanks,

AlexTobacco.

If O-rings are just a bit dried out, they can definitely be brought back. Soak for 12-24 hours in silicon oil. I believe some people use brake fluid.

If the rubber has started to deteriorate, then I imagine you might get the result that you described.

Experiment, too, with how gently/tightly you screw the valve/screw into the magazine. Don't over- or under-tighten.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question. Just got back into airsoft after a long hiatus and noticed a big price increase in Tokyo Marui products. I don't mean the new blowback/metal AEGs, but I see older models of AEGs and GBBs to be significantly more expensive. What happened?

Cost of importing, cost of materials, copyright and licensing issues / costs, more profit for the distributor, increase in wholesaler price.

Take you pick of the above but it is just like most things, they will go up in price gradually, sometimes by quite a bit.

'FireKnife'

• 3 weeks later...

I probably am being trolled by one now but here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet) :unsure:

To keep this kinda on-topic: I have the habit of putting my lipo's on storage mode via the charger after a game. Is this the right way or should I just lay them around and play with them the next skirm? Average time span between skirms is +- 3 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

To (to confirm) You want to leave lipos fuly charged for long periods, rather than half or empty?

So different from nicad/nimh

No!

If you are storing them for more than a few days ( a week at the most ) then they must be half-charged. Any decent lipo charger will have a storage mode which half charges the pack ( ~3.8v per cell, 50% capacity ).

Leaving lipos fully charged for too long will cause serious degradation of the anode and cathode inside the cells.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where I can get a left handed serpa for a PX4? Contemplating a second PX4 for some akimbo goodness, but my google-fu is weak...

eBay USA?

Brownells or Midway UK?

About the only places as it is an uncommon gun design and needs a specific holster, plus left handed would also be an issue.

'FireKnife'

Dang. I've found right handed ones all over the place. Guess I'll have to go with using my M9 on the left side.

While I'm here, anyone know what screw is used at the front of the TM L96 to hold the barrel to the lower body? Mine went walkabout on a skirmish a few weeks ago, so the gun is now only held together by two screws...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived