The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daft question

the iron sight on the end of the m4a1 barrel, can this be removed as i will be using a red-dot so dont see the requirement for it

You can use something like this so you still have sights http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/sights/aandk-steel-flip-up-front-sight-for-m4-series.html with this you can keep the original shape of the M4, I'm using it for 4 months and it kick @ss! Or something like this http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/sights/magpul-pts-back-up-front-sight-mbus-black.html.

Cheers

George

Hi,

Is the Dboys pdw still avaible,or has it run out of production?

And has the Dboys pdw good internals, if not, what should you change?

ty

Ruse

I think it's still in production, albeit currently rare due to China's embargo thingy. I haven't seen them available on China sites, but they're still available in the US. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5744

As for internals, mine had a rubbish hop up. Replace the nub and bucking, and maybe get a tightbore, and you're good to go. Oh, check the compression as well.

is there a buy sell trade section here or a sub forum for used items from members?

Yes there is, but due to constant problems that are normal with online selling the classfields have been limited to forum members with more than 100 posts. This means that people can't just join up and scam people.

Yes there is, but due to constant problems that are normal with online selling the classfields have been limited to forum members with more than 100 posts. This means that people can't just join up and scam people.

I can understand that completely. It seems like a scamming is rampant in the airsoft and paintball forums, 90% from kids who still live at home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I second Jond36 here i've fired a .22lr and has far more recoil than a GBB M4

Oops sorry just realised this is about 13 pages later Sorry!

I've fired a .22 and it has NO RECOIL whatsoever. I had to keep checking the target to know if it was even shooting!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks! I have a stupid n00b question and I didn't really know what to type in to search for it beforehand. I've been away from airsoft for a number of years and I hear that in order to purchase weapons you need some kind of membership. What is this called and where can I read up on it properly so I can start scratching the itch that's come back? ;)

Thanks in advance for not laughing. ;D

Short version is that you DO NOT need any kind of membership or regestration. The long version is so complicated that I would advise you to just get a site membership. Go to a particular site a few times and get their membership.

What you do need to buy RIFs is to play airsoft, thats it. It is however a really good idea to be able to proove that you play airsoft. A site membership is a great way to proove you play.

whats the difference between double action and single action pistols?

it is to do with the hammer mech.

For semi auto pistols, single action: When you load the gun you must manually cock the hammer to fire the first shot. After each shot the action cocks the hammer. Pulling the trigger makes a single action: releasing the hammer.

Semi auto, double action: After loading the gun you can lower the hammer for a safe carry, then when you fire the first shot you have a slightly heavyer trigger pull as the hammer is cocked. After the first shot the action recocks the gun each shot, so further shots are made in "single action" mode until you manually drop the hammer. Pulling the trigger makes two actions: cocking the hammer AND releasing the hammer.

revolver single action: you must cock the hammer before pulling the trigger for every shot.

revolver double action: you can either cock the hammer manually for a more accurate shot, or pull the trigger to cock the hammer for a faster shot.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you adjust the hop-up on the TM MEU and/or 1911a1?

Remove the slide by pushing it back so the slide stop with the checkered end aligns with the little half circle hole and then push out the slide catch from the other side (use a biro or something on the MEU as they are harder to push out by hand). After removing the slide stop push the slide back to battery and then carry on to remove it from the gun.

Look underneath the loading end of the barrel (breech) and you should see a little dial that has the word HOP and an arrow next to it. This is the hop adjustment wheel, move it back and forth until you find a comfortable setting that keeps the bb's going as straight as they can before they kick up at the end. You will have to repeat the first set of steps in reverse to get the gun back to a state you can fire it in to test the hop is set correctly.

Not sure how much you knew about the 1911 so thought to do the whole thing step by step. If you want pictures or anything else about the 1911 just drop us a PM.

'FireKnife'

Archived