The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

After having some blasters crumble in my hand I wouldn't put them in the same room as my airsoft guns. Excels are fantastic, Flectarn has them and a resonable price.

I could also recomend the zero one own brand ammo, its some of the cheapest ammo around (both .2 and .25) and its said to be OEM madbull, very good quality. I've not had a single problem with any of the few bags I've used and I got them on good reputation from others. just never get Z1 to upgrade your guns....

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found Excels to be a bit hit and miss on the weights they really were.

However i can't say much for the Zero One bbs. Though i have heard that 99% of all bbs are made in Taiwan and then shipped and relabelled as others, only TM, KSC and Maruzen ones are done in-house i believe.

'FireKnife'

I found Excels to be a bit hit and miss on the weights they really were.

However i can't say much for the Zero One bbs. Though i have heard that 99% of all bbs are made in Taiwan and then shipped and relabelled as others, only TM, KSC and Maruzen ones are done in-house i believe.

'FireKnife'

Are TM BBs any good? where can they be found?

thanks for the reply.

quite correct, I do not mean those. Not much I can use them for.

I used to know a lead fingered fellow who went through bags and bags of them simply because they where the cheapest ammo that wouldn't jam in a tightbore.

I always loved the irony of .12 in a TB, but in CQB range isn't an issue.

WGCshop and Redwolfairsoft both have TM ammo in various types and weights.

I believe that both Z1 and Fire Support do stock TM bbs however in comparison to other brands they are not really worth it. Excels and Blasters are just as good and often cheaper with bulk deals. Like all things Japanese you pay more for the quality control which is fine in guns but in ammo it doesn't matter much.

'FireKnife'

I believe that both Z1 and Fire Support do stock TM bbs however in comparison to other brands they are not really worth it. Excels and Blasters are just as good and often cheaper with bulk deals. Like all things Japanese you pay more for the quality control which is fine in guns but in ammo it doesn't matter much.

'FireKnife'

Blasters are OK, Excel BB's on the other hand are total rubbish. Worst than Excel's are Madbull BIO's ...

I just stick to either Bioval's or Guarder BB's.

Never had much luck with Guarders myself. However i find that most bbs are all the same, very hit and miss as to whether they will be good or bad in your guns. I find that all bbs have issues, some it is sizes, other inconsistent weight. But the only ones i have had the least issues with are Blasters and TM ones. But as tM ones cost more i don't bother, though i do have loads of those little freebie .2 bbs that Marui gives with guns :P

'FireKnife'

New dumb question: What is the purpose of the spur gear in an AEG?

It connects the bevel gear to the sector gear. Pretty important or the gun wouldn't work!

:P

Motors kicks out a high RPM but not very much torque, so each gear uses a small and large toothed section to lower the RPM and increase the torque. The sector gear has obvious connections with the piston, but the bevel and spur gears are only present to make the change from RPM to torque.

Would it be safe to saw inner barrel to be smaller?

shouldn't be a problem. A few things to bear in mind. 1. The end of the barrel that is being sawn (this is really obvious, but thought I'd mention it). 2. The tool used to saw the barrel and how this tool achieves this. for example, a pipe cutter makes the inner diameter of the pipe it cuts smaller. A normal saw should do the trick fine, just inspect the end of the barrel when you're finished to assess how the inner diameter has changed.

If you use a hand saw do not put pressure on the barrel when you cut. Just run the saw lightly over it. This means that it will take a long time, but you will not crush the barrel. After you are finished cutting you will want to "bevel" the end. That means that you want to smooth the inside of the cut to ensure nothing interferes with the BBs flight.

Generally I use an electric craft drill. I use a cutting disk to make the cut, and then a peg sander(Don't know the proper term) to smooth the inside.

Here's a "dumb" question for you folks!

What is the difference between the "MTP"(UK) and the "Multi cam"(USA) Camouflage Patterns?

I can see that the uniforms themselves follow the predecessor for that nationality (IE UK has rank slide on chest, flat and straight pockets on chest/hip depending on shirt/smock combo)

But is there any actual difference between the patterns or is it all samey same?

What is the difference between the "MTP"(UK) and the "Multi cam"(USA) Camouflage Patterns?

But is there any actual difference between the patterns or is it all samey same?

There is. MTP is in a sense, DPM in Multicam colours. The shapes in the MTP camouflage are very similar to those used in both Temperate and Desert DPM

See:

mtp-420x313.jpg

vs:

Other_-_MultiCam.jpg

[images courtesy of soldiersystems.net (MTP) and www.sloarmynavy.com (Multicam)]

As can be seen, MTP features very distinctive sweeping shapes, whereas Multicam is just splodges of colour.

Ok bit silly of me but I have a question :)

I was given a NTL twr500 radio , I know the jack is a 2.5mm and tested a set of nokia phone head phones that worked.

the question is would a motorola 1 pin talkabout version pin work in this ? i'm after a ptt and head set but a little unsure what would work with it

any help would be great :)

thanks

john

There is. MTP is in a sense, DPM in Multicam colours. The shapes in the MTP camouflage are very similar to those used in both Temperate and Desert DPM

See:

*snip*

vs:

*snip*

As can be seen, MTP features very distinctive sweeping shapes, whereas Multicam is just splodges of colour.

Thanks boss, also just grabbed a copy of combat and survival which has a whole section on deconstructing it.

MTP = "DPM" style pattern in multicam colours. Multicam = uniform that was passed onto a preschool art class!!

Archived