Home made ANZAC S.A.S. chopped M14

Murdoc

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice work!

I think it's fine as it is, but if you want a slightly better colour match use a darker stain; the wood is really quite dark, especially the SLR grip:

l1a1.jpg

Talking of the shortened/gripped weapons, they were indeed used. I had the pleasure of handling a deactivated Australian SLR on sunday, and that had a another pistol grip on the handguard.

-Matt

Its real clean as it is mate, but if you wanted to you could comfortably make it much darker - as in its not gonna look at all bad either way. On the one hand the SLR furniture is darker on the whole as is the M14 stock frequently, on the other hand this wasn't always the case and its mostly down to your own personal preference. Personally, I like something in the middle - a bit darker than you have now ;) .

KW

You may right, I'll make it bit darker. The problem is that it's still not oiled... It will make it darker(especially if I oil it many times). So I have to make test staining, and oiling. I don't want to make it so dark:

SASR-FAL.jpg

I think it was about 30-40 years ago much lighter brown. I don't want to make 2 color wood furniture. I will avoid the "red" tone too...

Archived