TM Desert Warrior 4.3

frogfish

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guarder doesn't do too bad of a job, I really like the electro stuff. Hopefully they produce a full sized one. i've been wanting a kimber desert warrior for awhile now

Well, I'm glad your experience with them has been good.

I've had two Guarder full metal kits (Marui 1911 & Glock17) both of which were completely useless. Well, except the hammer spring.

& I've never had a slide (3) or inner barrel (2) off of 'em that worked without needing some sort of attention!

Having spoken to a few of the more experienced engineers in the field, they have confirmed a similar experience & now steer clear of Guarder Metal GBB kits.

Greg.

without the rail looks great.

-Joe

The only way that rail would come off is if they release a unholed one and a cut slide for it the slide on there is designed for a full length frame, lazyness on Marui' part but t hey get off with it with the rail on there, but I'm still awaiting metal kits to see if a correct type slide appears :)

Go look on the kimber website, put a bib on, it's drool enducing :)

It sure seems like they just half-assed this gun. I personally like a rail, very tacticool, but the way they did it makes it look like a turd. Then if it's taken off you have the holes to deal with. Then there's the slide, which is literally taken directly from the Hi-Capa 4.3; it may make good business sense to use pre-existing plans and stock, but it just doesn't quite look right.

It sure seems like they just half-assed this gun. I personally like a rail, very tacticool, but the way they did it makes it look like a turd. Then if it's taken off you have the holes to deal with. Then there's the slide, which is literally taken directly from the Hi-Capa 4.3; it may make good business sense to use pre-existing plans and stock, but it just doesn't quite look right.

There are reasons for the holes which are valid. Without the holes, there would be no way to clamp the rail down on the lower frame to keep it steady. Also, the screws unlike most people think do no go thru the holes. Small tabs just snap in there to stabalize the rail from sliding off. Holding the gun I would hardly call it half-assed.

DSC_0696.JPG

There are reasons for the holes which are valid. Without the holes, there would be no way to clamp the rail down on the lower frame to keep it steady. Also, the screws unlike most people think do no go thru the holes. Small tabs just snap in there to stabalize the rail from sliding off. Holding the gun I would hardly call it half-assed.

DSC_0696.JPG

I understand the purpose of the holes, and your post clarifies their use, but I don't like that the rail was a separate unit. They way it's done it seems more like an afterthought. It could be that TM was just attempting to cater to a wider audience by making both a railed and regular body available within the same gun, but the result isn't as nice as a 1-piece railed body or regular body (w/o holes) would have been.

You haveing actually held the gun, versus me just seeing pictures, have a stronger basis to stake a claim on. I'm sure the gun is of normal TM quality and craftsman ship, but my half-assed comment referred to the rail issue I mentioned above and the fact that a regular 4.3" hi-capa slide was used (with full dust cover) instead of a normal Kimber 1911 slide. The way it appears it seems that the gun was just strewn together using extra parts laying around. That cheapens the gun and the experience for me. That is what I meant by half-assed.

It's a great looking gun, but what is the range/power/accuracy? That's the deciding factor for me to switch from my beloved 1911A's

I have a Marui 1911 & hi-cappa 4.3.

The 4.3 has a snappier action, & higher ammo capacity, other than that, performance is the same & I bet this is too.

Personally, I prefer the slim grip of the 1911, but the easier mag change on the 4.3.

As the performance of the Marui Glock 17 is the same as the above, I skirmish that. It has the snappy action, slimmer grip & easy mag change. Superior performance in battle conditions, in my hands. ;)

Best of all worlds.

I do have to use the 1911 for reenactment (WWII/Nam) skirmishes & really feel the difference, mag changes are a real chore.

The 4.3 gets used for target/'race' shooting (I have the extended mag & slide release), mag changes are a dream & the extra rnds in the hi-cap mag are great, but it's a little chunky for normal back up/pistol games.

So, back to the Glock. Shame it ain't as pretty as a 1911-a-like.

Roll on the Springfield XD. :D

Greg.

Archived