Replica: PRR (Personal Role Radio) Marconi, Full Set

KWP

I did , I did read on paper its 410mhz to 470mhz. Some say they work on 409mhz and some say 467mhz.

But I am looking for actual programmable confirmation. Which manufacturer and chipset would determine which programming software to use.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did , I did read on paper its 410mhz to 470mhz. Some say they work on 409mhz and some say 467mhz.

But I am looking for actual programmable confirmation. Which manufacturer and chipset would determine which programming software to use.

Unfortunately, no one knows anything about the re-programming of these units yet. The info sheet the unit came with merely just said it was pc reprogrammable, but there is no software nor cable for it available (yet hopefully!). As with the beauty of all Chinese made products, there is no support either and the website on the info sheet does not even exist.

Yeah. Oh well it will be somewhere :)

Its the same as the Replica AN/PRC 148s I guess. I suspect that the PRC148s are also programmable but no user seems to have managed to program one.

I just bought a dual band/channel Wouxzn, would be interested to see the PRRs in action.

Unfortunately I am not made of money :P

Unfortunately, no one knows anything about the re-programming of these units yet. The info sheet the unit came with merely just said it was pc reprogrammable, but there is no software nor cable for it available (yet hopefully!). As with the beauty of all Chinese made products, there is no support either and the website on the info sheet does not even exist.

You have to go to the SSP district and ask the small dirty radio shops if they can do.

Yeah. Oh well it will be somewhere :)

Its the same as the Replica AN/PRC 148s I guess. I suspect that the PRC148s are also programmable but no user seems to have managed to program one.

I just bought a dual band/channel Wouxzn, would be interested to see the PRRs in action.

Unfortunately I am not made of money :P

It's not the same, because the AN/PRC-148 replicas don't need to be reprogrammed.

1) TS: 3 versions with fixed channels for either EU, US or Greater China

2) DH: Free channel scan from 400-470MHz

3) GWS: Free channel scan from 400-470MHz (discontinued, until they have enough real steal parts again)

You have to go to the SSP district and ask the small dirty radio shops if they can do.

I know. But which shop actually knows the pin connector layout and has the software for these units? I'm pretty sure it's not OEM. Let me know when it has actually been done.

Their descriptions always raise more questions than they solve:

"QUALITY IS 100% BRAND-NEW GUARANTEED" --> Do they also sell second hand products?

"Military Anti Design" --> It is designed against any military of this world, i.e. terrorists? ROFL

"Single or Dual PTT" --> Now that's interesting, but needs further details whether the Dual PTT is functional and how it functions.

"Full replica !!!!!!!!" --> Don't make promises you can't keep. Shall we check if it replicates the real deal in full details and functions?

"Free Shipping" --> Still trying to rip off some kids? This is an insult to your customer's IQ. Unless your company is a charity orgnanization there's nothing for free. Your prices include all costs, that's it.

Well I hardly think that ebaybanned is ripping anyone off. They have the most competative pricing on Airsoft kit in the world. I have been buying from them for almost two years. I buy several items each and every month. They have replaced a few items (including high value things) without any quibble.

As for their descriptions- well some are better than other retailers and some descriptions tell you nothing. So what's new there for an Airsoft retailer? Come on eBaybanned have made kitting up for airsoft much more affordable for so many on low incomes.

Their description of the PRR is no worse than some of the others now selling the PRR. One thing I can be confident about however is that if the PRR you receive from eBaybanned is a turkey- Paul will replace it .

Their descriptions always raise more questions than they solve:

"QUALITY IS 100% BRAND-NEW GUARANTEED" --> Do they also sell second hand products?

"Military Anti Design" --> It is designed against any military of this world, i.e. terrorists? ROFL

"Single or Dual PTT" --> Now that's interesting, but needs further details whether the Dual PTT is functional and how it functions.

"Full replica !!!!!!!!" --> Don't make promises you can't keep. Shall we check if it replicates the real deal in full details and functions?

"Free Shipping" --> Still trying to rip off some kids? This is an insult to your customer's IQ. Unless your company is a charity orgnanization there's nothing for free. Your prices include all costs, that's it.

You are nitpicking.

1. Left over from the Ebay days.

2. Chinglish. lol

3. I would presume there is a PTT on the radio as well as the wireless remote? So if you use the remote it's Dual PTT.

4. Agreed

5. Would "Shipping Included In Price" upset you less? I don't understand why you get so caught up on this?

You are nitpicking.

2. Chinglish. lol

3. I would presume there is a PTT on the radio as well as the wireless remote? So if you use the remote it's Dual PTT.

4. Agreed

5. Would "Shipping Included In Price" upset you less? I don't understand why you get so caught up on this?

Totally agree. I think it was nitpicking and totally unnecessary and off-topic.

Now lets get back to the PRR replica itself. I think that the key to opening up most potential buyers wallets is PC programmability or at the very least preset channels based on country/region specific regulations. I'm amazed that the manufacturer did not think about this.

If anyone gets any information on PC programmability ( i.e. availability of cable and software) then I think a lot of us 9at least in Europe) on this thread will be very eager PPR replica buyers!

I should also mention that to buy this Replica for $110 (delivered) including a wireless PTT is an incredible deal.

You are nitpicking.

2. Chinglish. lol

4. Agreed

It's entirely topic related, because you want to know what you pay for, don't you?

3. Just like on the real PRR, the PTT module is detachable and it has either 1 or 2 buttons for 1 or 2 radios respectively, that may be connected to the PRR. All the photos including the ones from ebaybanned show only the single PTT unit, and I have also only seen single PTTs here in the Hong Kong shops so far. A dual PTT would be awesome as it allows to connect 2 radios with different frequencies and range, and that's why I'm surprised ebaybanned says their PRR replica has it. We all got used to Chinglish on China Online shops, but there's a point when it's too much and it becomes confusing or even misleading, maybe on purpose. As a customer you want to know what you pay for. Is this still nitpicking?!

5. Of course it would upset me less. "Free" means the customer doesn't have to pay the shipping. But he has to as we all know. In Germany such advertising is called "Misleading Advertisement" and illegal. So, is this still nitpicking?

Ebaybanned topic is somewhere else here, isn't it?

If this is a copy of the real PRR won't it use the same cable has that ?

Well it looks that inside there is some civilian PMR electronics. At least that what I was able to figure out from all information mess I was able to find on the net (eg. voltage and not AA standard batteries). So it is highly probable that it is programmable but we need to know which PMR it is? I would agree with someones suggestion here that it could be kenwood clone.

Well it looks that inside there is some civilian PMR electronics. At least that what I was able to figure out from all information mess I was able to find on the net (eg. voltage and not AA standard batteries). So it is highly probable that it is programmable but we need to know which PMR it is? I would agree with someones suggestion here that it could be kenwood clone.

If it is a kenwood clone then the software is widely available. I'm not sure which of the two kenwood pins are actually used for data communication but I'm guessing the large three conductor one since it's a serial connection.

If someone has a kenwood radio and programming cable then they could try- I do but I don't have the PRR. Can anyone confirm it is a kenwood clone? If so then I'd buy the PRR and try it myself.

{...}

Can you read?

It's not just about ebaybanned, but about a probably new feature of the radio we didn't know about before.

That is the "Dual PTT" ebaybanned is advertising, but can't be found anywhere else. Everywhere else it's just a Single PTT.

What's so special about a Dual PTT:

In PRR lingo a Dual PTT is a PTT unit with 2 buttons and 2 sockets, so you can operate 2 different radios with 1 PRR. I haven't seen any of these replica PRRs with a Dual PTT - neither here in any Hong Kong walk-in shops, nor anywhere on the internet.

A Dual PTT would be very interesting as it would allow for example operate your replica PRR and replica MBITR at the same time with just one device and with the same headset and have 2 different frequencies with maybe different ranges for different purposes.

I'm guessing it's not actually a dual PTT, but rather just 2 PTT's for the same PRR replica; the one on the radio itself and the remote.

As such, yeah. The Chinglish is highly misleading!

I'm still waiting for the Dual PTT with U-229 connector that I bought for my PRR to connect with the DR MBITR replica, but is hasn't showed yet...

The one I have now is modified to connect with my regular PMR's.

@KWP - Yea, and all this 5 points discussion is only about dual PTT not EBB right?

Thanks, I will read with my own eyes, ok? :D

Dual PTT (I know what it means in PRR lingo) could be very interesting feature but since this info is in chinglish as we already agreed it is far more likely that Panzergraf is right or there is standard PTT to be pined somewhere e.g. chest and one to be used under your finger (not necessary both same time!). All this can be not so splendid as it seems I am afraid :) I have seen such "dual PTT". I resume Panzergraf version is closer. :)

Archived