Wei-Tech (WE) T91 Gas BlowBack Rifle

MODDAN

Just saw this over on the U.N. Company website, and it caught me bu surprise since I haven't heard anything from WE regarding this model being produced, and also I'm looking forward to a few other models they've announced earlier. It appears to be a Taiwanese version of the M16 assault rifle, which is a niche market, but since Wei-Tech is a Taiwan based company I guess it sort-of makes sense.

The handguard reminds me of the AR-18 for some odd reason, which is why I fancy it to some degree. Just hope this means the other WE guns will be available soon.

Looks very interesting - I quite like the looks, and the taiwanese(?) markings are a nice touch. I figure WE have probably gotten this out quicker than other models because i imagine the internals are probably similar to an M4 GBBR... just my guess, but it makes sense in my brain.

Just saw this over on the U.N. Company website, and it caught me bu surprise since I haven't heard anything from WE regarding this model being produced, and also I'm looking forward to a few other models they've announced earlier. It appears to be a Taiwanese version of the M16 assault rifle, which is a niche market, but since Wei-Tech is a Taiwan based company I guess it sort-of makes sense.

The handguard reminds me of the AR-18 for some odd reason, which is why I fancy it to some degree. Just hope this means the other WE guns will be available soon.

i believe there was one on a rack with the sa80 and pdw a few months ago.

I figure WE have probably gotten this out quicker than other models because i imagine the internals are probably similar to an M4 GBBR...

The gun I had in mind, the HK 416, is also quite similar to their M4 GBBR, and given that the T91 is a niche gun, and that the 416 has a (slightly) broader market appeal (given that the 416 is used by [but not limited to] the Norwegian army, Law Enforcement agencies in the U.S., some branches of the U.S. army [albeit be it for testing purposes] and not to forget miscellaneous), this sounds to me like the HK 416 should have been prioritized. But that might be due to the fact that I suffer from HK mania, and the T91 is also a nice gun.

The T91 is partially based on the AR18 (Wikipedia!)

As far as appearances this is much easier to make from a design standpoint then the HK416, as it's upper looks to be of the same specs as a normal M4 upper. The HK416 has a higher top rail, as well as the indexing notch for the Rail unit.

EDIT: It's not that I don't agree about the priority of the guns, I am just saying form a manufacturing standpoint this was probably easier to get out quickly.

Looks that they are exploring M4 world (maybe apart from scar but someone can argue with this as well). I wonder if they are thinking about totally other systems like AK or sth?

HK416 is logical step in that exploration for me and T91 might be just local patriotism :) or some governmental order. Yeah - I am only speculating with this :)

lol, this gun was in one of the pics way back (as Elpus pointed out) as a concept model in the back next to the L85 project they dropped. its a little different than it was in the pic, but thats what a few months does.

they didnt release any info about it probably because they didnt care to release it outside of tiwan.

and ian, its on the ratech list of custom guns because they stuck their NPAS kit in it and shoved it on their site.

it is definitely sexy in an ugly sort of way.

i hate how ratech added $150 to the $250 price tage when the NPAS kit doesnt cost that much.

T91 is the 3rd gen evolution of the Taiwanese made piston version of "AR" style rifle....the original T65(made in 1965) was as said before, AR18's gas system in a AR-15-ish clothes....and the platform predates the HK416 by decades in terms of a AR-style ergonomic with short stroke piston, and has been the service rifle for years in Taiwan(T65 was widely adopted, and T86 was mainly for export, and now T91 is being adopted to replace T65).

as it's upper looks to be of the same specs as a normal M4 upper.

That would be bad as the T91's upper receiver is different in several areas. SRC failed on their T91 due to the M4 upper...

I really want some more detailed pictures.

However, I could care less about T91 because it is much inferior to Type 95 of the PLA of the PRC.

That would be bad as the T91's upper receiver is different in several areas. SRC failed on their T91 due to the M4 upper...

I really want some more detailed pictures.

However, I could care less about T91 because it is much inferior to Type 95 of the PLA of the PRC.

lol...I like how you just have to get that jab in there.... :rolleyes:

O Rly?

Anyway, as someone else said, the T91 is different, therefore, it is attractive.

Makes me wonder what it'd look like with a CTR, a MIAD, and an Aimpoint, or something along those lines.

Also makes me wonder if you could somehow fit it into a contractor type load out.

-Vic

Archived