ASCUK

blue_5

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its gone now - dead and buried, no point harping on about what forum nazi's the mods were, even if some of them did go too far to often

New forum, new start, might aswell give them the benefit of the doubt and see whats it like.

If those mods who abused their position at ASCUK to indulge in petty power trips are to be invited back in with open arms to assume same role in the new one, then doesnt strike me that any significant lessons have been learned

how not to let a forum disappear when the owner decides to pull the plug? sure

how not to surrender a forum to a power-mad bullying clique? doubt it, leopards dont change their spots.

Wont be signing up - Im not going to let a casual look be turned into another notch on the registered user count, not when theres a risk of seeing that number bandied about as some sort of vote of approval for that particular 'style' of moderating 6 months down the line.

ASC bad for UK airsoft, that forum launched most of the major UK sites/retailers, people forget that, as per usual the bad washes over all the good done and it did a lot more good than bad over the years,

If you're not willing to give the new forum a chance please refrain from slating it until such times as there is a reason to do so, mods will behave or they will be removed, admin will behave or it'll fall apart, I've stated moderation must be done in private, no user baiting, all carrot no stick as someone put it, make the effort, you may be pleasantly surprised, you can always vote with your feet, but I don't think that will be necessary, cheers.

^^^

I was one of the banned ones, and I cannot say in all honesty that ASCUK was bad for UK airsoft. It was an INCREDIBLE resource, and the retailers used ASCUK more than any other forum, so frankly Jethro, that's tosh.

Fluffy was the issue, Fluffy is no more.

I honestly am glad that people want to use Arnies for teams / sites / retail sections, but does it have to be a case of all of your eggs in one basket?

I will do everything I can here to support any team, site or retailer that wants to get their message across to the airsofting community using Arnies, but I don't think that has to necessarily be at the expense of any other forum, old or new. I'm not sure in the case of commercial ventures that this necessarily makes the best sense either - although far be it from me to speculate when I know a lot of folks know far more than me about doing business within the airsoft sector.

I honestly don't see any harm in using Arnies alongside countless other forums. Each forum has its respective members and differing climates, and the more forums you use, the more likely you are to contact as wide a potential client / player base as possible.

Besides - is it really worth bearing a grudge with people over the actions of a few individuals they have had an association with? Look at what happened with all that ASCUK and Arnies nonsense back in 04/05 - it didn't really help anyone, did it?

This hobby has enough problems with external opposition for us to continue being at each others throats. Let's just accept that there can be more than just one or two forums around and focus on helping each other out when we're down - not laying the boot in. :)

it is not about "putting the boot in" asuck had a critical mass i belive it came first in any goole search for an airsoft forums in the uk. now those days are gone and site operators and retailers who could not ignor asuck because of that critical mass ,now can if they choose to.

Aitch i am sorry if you think i am having a personal go at you i am not. but your two colleges both treated people very very badly on asuck in my experiance and although you have stated things will be differant this time around and that may well be for a while but old habbits are very hard to break.

if you prove myself and others wrong good on you

Agree with Shriven- the information on there made ASCUK an exceptionally valuable resource to the UK airsoft community, and the actions of a couple of people shouldnt taint the whole enterprise. Given that Fluffy has helpfully *albatross* *fruitcage*ed the UK airsoft community I'd say good *fruitcage* riddance to him; at the same time, let's give Aitch Beaker and Taffy the benefit of the doubt and let UKAZ be judged on its own merits :)

To be honest i am not that gutted about this.

Everytime i used ASCUK, either to post or to sell something i got some jumped up Moderator with a Hitler complex telling me i wasn't doing it right. Even when the rues were followed the same attitude came up.

Of all the sites i have been on Arnies is the only one so far that has not succumbed to excessive eliteness and bad moderation.

I do feel sorry for those stuck in the middle of a transaction or sale but it does pay to make sure you have another contact besides the site you are dealing on.

In short to the attitude and general bad times i had on ASCUK good ridance.

'FireKnife'

I'm in total agreement. Manners and courtesy cost nothing and they had none.

So after a mere thirty seconds of searching Jethro, you're a new member and over half your posts are basically saying ASCUK was am teh gayest. Is there an agenda behind your posting or are you just kinda bitter and unable to get over your ®ejection from there?

i think it might just be a little late for me to say i loved asuck dont you? :rolleyes:

Archived