ASCUK

blue_5

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic:

I'm sure the chaps over there will resolve things and get it back up asap. Fingers crossed everything gets sorted. I don't think anyone over the age of 12 genuinely gets pleasure out of seeing a worthwhile community forum being offline.

On perceived hostility: if there is any, it's certainly not reciprocated. I think generally, since the whole Deedee + 328fps debacle way back when, that everyone has generally sucked it up and realised there was far better things to spend their spare time bickering over.

So your 1st or 2nd post on these forums was putting the boot into ASCUK....... Suspicious. Oh and most site operators/shop owners I know use the ASCUK forums more than any other. The way I look at it is this for clean quick easy access to info ASCUK is the best, this forum is good for a lot of more in depth info but can require more searching than ASCUK.

i for one hope its terminal

they are not known as ASUCK amongst site operators for nothing

jethro (aged 12 and 3/4)

Well done proved your maturity there. <_< Considering ALOT of site owners have forums on there i think you may want to change 'site operators' part of your post to 'my site operator'.

Must admit, i never really use it, but i do occasionally go on there as there are some fairly good technical and custom project threads on there that make for good reading. Usually anything else can be found here, and with a membership well over 3 times that of ASCUK and not just in the UK news and help is always available here more so than there.

Anyway, hope its back-up soon, was a good little resource.

Still screwed for me too. Grrr. Normally I do my selling and general gear molesting on there.

But recently I've been getting fed up with the stereotypical-overweight-SF unit-qear queer-uber elistest-twaddle merchants who pop up on each thread claiming to be some sort of oracle when all they've done is watch a doc on the history channel/read some moody memoir & never actually served in any form in their life. (Probably due to a medical condition which isn't their fault - natch.)

However that said - that type of member is still very much a minority, and generally I do enjoy their services. I hope they get it back up soon (f'nar)

Well, still nothing.

I did PM Aitch asking if he had any idea but so far he hasn't answered.

All i can do is hope something happens, if its gone for good all of us who had deals going through are a bit screwed.

I dont know if theres anyone more computer networking savvy out there, but i tried a ping test and something seems to be there, packet data is being sent and received, the server IP addresses are there etc, but ive no idea past this.

EDIT: Just got a reply from Aitch, when he has any info on whats gone on he'll post on here, so thanks in advance to him.

But recently I've been getting fed up with the stereotypical-overweight-SF unit-qear queer-uber elistest-twaddle merchants who pop up on each thread claiming to be some sort of oracle when all they've done is watch a doc on the history channel/read some moody memoir & never actually served in any form in their life. (Probably due to a medical condition which isn't their fault - natch.)

While they are definitely an 'on line' pain, I would rather keep them there, than have them actually skirmishing.

They normally appear in hoards. There is no way to win & the free lunch always runs out. :(

The next time I see 'the usual ones' at any of the skirmishes I attend, I'm going to get my money back & leave. & make dam sure the organizer knows why: I'm fed up with having to debate every single engagement with folk who are obviously cheating. :angry: I've been skirmishing long enough, to have a pretty thick skin, regarding teflon warriors, but this lot, really take the biscuit.

Over the years I've met a few folk & teams who are renowned cheaters. But most of them have redeemable features. Possibly they are a laugh, friendly & or least share their food. Not this latest lot!

Greg.

Right, save speculation, I've avoided posting until I knew what going on, now I know what is what here goes,

It's dead and will not be coming back,

Short version is we were trying to buy the database/url etc as fluffy had no interest in it anymore, the deal fell through, so end of an era,

None of us foreseen this sudden closure and It leaves alot of people stuck mid deal with sales etc, stuffs a lot of sites with forums who will have no idea what is happening, I can only apologise for this, out of my hands, it went down a few years ago and came back after a few weeks work went into it, if it does return this time I will not be involved with it,

I'd have like to have been given time to inform users/and sites of closure but s**t happens, thanks to all who supported the place over the years,

Hey, atleast it means there will be no more forum rivalry :)

Now stick the boot in lads ;)

Ian.

Who banned you Dave ? (no need to answer, moot point now, going for a record are you, ASC/zeroin, where next :P) there wa too much folk banned for next to no reason, that I wont miss, much better to have folk there who will keep you in check rather than ban them for standing up for themselves, I really wont miss it,

Just aswell I didn't burn my bridges on every other forum in the UK, except zeroin who wouldn't even activate my account :D

Never found out, lost patience with the total lack of reply to emails and had to work it out...

Before the ASCUK RiF sales got set up again I was unlucky enough to have pm'd some guy about buying a vest off him, at roughly the same time as he was apparently bragging to mods that 'loads of people were pm'ing him to buy his guns'. I think someone just kicked everyone in his message history!

Ah well, guess everyone's off to Mickeyz ;)

Thats strange you couldnt join Zeroin, its really simple. What kind of email did you try doing it with?

Archived