ASCUK

blue_5

Wow, I'm gutted to hear this. I use both forums equally but for different things - ASCUK was in my opinion the best place to buy and sell gear, guns and parts thanks in no small part to the likes of Aitch, Mike Perr, Kevin etc (forgot the others names sorry). It's a shame that as a resource it's now gone and possibly not coming back. Unlucky to those who have on going sales, fortunatly I ahve non at the moment on there, all I can say is start scanning the other forums for the same user names to try and regain contact and get the deals back on track.

On the plus side hoefully many things will transfer over to here, sales (as Zeroin has proved to be unreliable), knowlegde (the likes of the UKSF and L119A1 threads were awesome) and teams/players.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest i am not that gutted about this.

Everytime i used ASCUK, either to post or to sell something i got some jumped up Moderator with a Hitler complex telling me i wasn't doing it right. Even when the rues were followed the same attitude came up.

Of all the sites i have been on Arnies is the only one so far that has not succumbed to excessive eliteness and bad moderation.

I do feel sorry for those stuck in the middle of a transaction or sale but it does pay to make sure you have another contact besides the site you are dealing on.

In short to the attitude and general bad times i had on ASCUK good ridance.

'FireKnife'

You're not in the minority fireknife, which was the downside of ASCUK, hard modding in the sales forum was acceptable, everywhere else was bad taste, atleast I wont have to make up excuses for bad modding by others,

I'm dreading the onslaught of PMs re cocked up sales, if you read this first it's out of my control, I can't help, it's a lesson reinforcing backing up PM to your hdd, sorry folks.

######, honestly…this sucks big. I liked ASCUK better than here. One reason was that it was wonderfully “UK-Centric”! Arnies is Arnies and is more International in Flavour..not a bad thing but sometimes things can only be understood by those currently living in the UK.

Major blow of resource too for a great many, many threads which extensive knowledge, pictures, ideas and instructions.

As to the Moderators, some were heavy handed, some weren’t…I learned to know which ones were and which weren’t and avoided conversations where the “mod-Nazi’s” were present. Certainly going to miss Beaker.

The Sales section was easier to use also but we’ll adapt I guess. I was lucky not to be involved in a trade beyond asking if something was still available so I’ve missed that.

######, honestly…this sucks big. I liked ASCUK better than here. One reason was that it was wonderfully "UK-Centric"! Arnies is Arnies and is more International in Flavour..not a bad thing but sometimes things can only be understood by those currently living in the UK.

Major blow of resource too for a great many, many threads which extensive knowledge, pictures, ideas and instructions.

As to the Moderators, some were heavy handed, some weren't…I learned to know which ones were and which weren't and avoided conversations where the "mod-Nazi's" were present. Certainly going to miss Beaker.

The Sales section was easier to use also but we'll adapt I guess. I was lucky not to be involved in a trade beyond asking if something was still available so I've missed that.

My ACOG!!!!!!!

######, honestly…this sucks big. I liked ASCUK better than here. One reason was that it was wonderfully "UK-Centric"! Arnies is Arnies and is more International in Flavour..not a bad thing but sometimes things can only be understood by those currently living in the UK.

As to the Moderators, some were heavy handed, some weren't…I learned to know which ones were and which weren't and avoided conversations where the "mod-Nazi's" were present. Certainly going to miss Beaker.

The Sales section was easier to use also but we'll adapt I guess. I was lucky not to be involved in a trade beyond asking if something was still available so I've missed that.

One difference is you won't get banned for saying you liked ASCUK better than here. I would not have tried saying you liked Arnies better than ASCUK over there.

Nuff said really... <_<

Thats as close as I am going to get to putting the boot in.

I'm also sad to hear it's gone as it was the first airsoft forum i joined and i learned a lot of useful info from it.

Yes it was very strictly modded and not a good place for noobs to post :bestgun: but the classifieds were really good and some of the archives full of good stuff.

Oh well, hope you admins don't get too hammered on PM's :)

Long live arnies! :D

One difference is you won't get banned for saying you liked ASCUK better than here. I would not have tried saying you liked Arnies better than ASCUK over there.

Nuff said really... <_<

Thats as close as I am going to get to putting the boot in.

Can't argue with that, you did have to watch your P's & Q's more but its water under the bridge now.

Welcome one and all to Arnies!

I used to like ASCUK. I feel for anyone who has lost money/kit because of it, and it is a sad loss that we no longer have the info contained in all the good threads that people have mentioned (L119 etc), but I have to agree with the people above, there is no way you could get away with saying Arnies was better over there, it would have been like poking an angry bull with a hot poker.

That said, I myself was banned a few weeks ago by a nazi mod for a stupid reason, and I for one hope that Taffy enjoys eating his final words to me 'f*** off to arnies, we'll be just fine without out you' so to him and him alone I say 'ha ha ha nice one you arogant moron'. Hope he enjoys being just a mere mortal now :)

Perhaps they might just start another forum and continue to ban people that can't follow simple Ts & Cs?

Thing is, it wasn't just banning because you couldn't follow the T&C's it was because you mentioned another forum, or disagree'd with their point of view. The reason i never really used it was because of the noob slaying that was going on, even though i was a member there almost as long as i am here it just didn't seem like the most friendly place to ask a question.

Archived