'Action' AK to M4 front end adaptor

TheFull9

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Instead of them making AK M4's, why can't they just make a goddamn SR47?

I think that'll sell like hotcakes.

I think I'd prefer a lower receiver for my AR-15 derivative that could take AK mags; over sticking M4 bits on my AK, I'd agree with you there. Not that I've any clue if it works like that with airsoft SR-47s, I'd guess it probably needs a whole new receiver and different type of hop unit, no idea. Either way, I'm sure if they tried the chinese guys could get hold of one of the kits and copy it easily enough.

Please god don't let Infinity Ward see this! The bastardised AK in MW2 was bad enough but I dread to think what horrors they could create if they thought this was real.

I'm no AK purist in any sense but mixing an M4 with an AK is just plain wrong.

I'm going back to mounting a CASV on my L85. :P

this might be good for a AK DMR build thingy which used the small spez mags xD

personally i hate what parts they've used for those photos, perhaps AK + SR-15/SR-25 front would look better

lawl heres some pimp my airsoft times thingy of what i mean kinda

myweapon.jpg

whats the point in airsoft guns if they arent replicas of something that exists? why bother playing with replica guns at all if you are going to screw them up with rubbish like that part? dont get me wrong, customised guns are cool so long as what you are doing is possible in real life. but this daft thing couldnt work, the working parts of the ak and m4 just couldnt mate like that. you might as well use an aeg gearbox in a paintball gun body.

If you like armalite stocks and foreends, why not use an armalite?

just my oppinion though, people will still by it and should be free to do what they want to their guns.

Why are people so obsessed with the m4's bits. Its allright as a gun but there are better things about. so why, oh why, do they insist on bolting m4 stocks onto mp5s, MGLs or even the stock and pistol grip onto most shotguns.

Whoever keeps doing this needs a fresh cup of tea and the realisation that the m16/m4 is outdated.

Ahh, we can dream for an armalite free world...

[/musing] :P

It's pretty simple guys, there's an absolute myriad of AR-15 compatible parts available out there, far far more than are available for any other type of weapon, probably by a long way. Therefore, when it comes to customising a weapon, if you can make it fit AR-15 parts, you suddenly open up an enormous amount of options for compatible parts; a lot more than if you stuck with that particular weapon's available accessories.

I'm not exactly leaning either way, I think that custom thing eHobby have put together is pretty poor aesthetically and could have been done a whole lot better. But end of the day if something simple like this adaptor gives everyone more choice and options for setting their personal weapon up in just the way they like it, well that isn't a bad thing.

whats the point in airsoft guns if they arent replicas of something that exists? why bother playing with replica guns at all if you are going to screw them up with rubbish like that part? dont get me wrong, customised guns are cool so long as what you are doing is possible in real life.

Because there are people out there that actually like modding things and not being a sheep like the rest of you, because we like having fun and play this as a hobby and not to be a pretend soldier. I for one actually like this adaptor and will be getting one in the future. (not cause i like M4s which i dont, but cause i fancy changing the look of my AK)

EDIT:

Forgot to mention, THe AK hop is a much better and stable platform than the M4 system, V3 gearbox more reliable so i could turn this in to a M4 looking DMR with moch more reliable platform to use.

But end of the day if something simple like this adaptor gives everyone more choice and options for setting their personal weapon up in just the way they like it, well that isn't a bad thing.

Amen.

People who buy unrealistic airsoft guns are paintballers that are allergic to paint. Go back to your jumping castle.

/troll

I actually loled XD

Because there are people out there that actually like modding things and not being a sheep like the rest of you, because we like having fun and play this as a hobby and not to be a pretend soldier. I for one actually like this adaptor and will be getting one in the future.

Then paintball is for you sir.

Good day.

ewwwwww

although i have to admit, that MOE handguard doesnt look too bad on there, that setup looks horrible, but the handguard might look alright in the right setup.

nonetheless i'll always be an AK purist and a firm believer that unrealistic stuff like this is pretty retarded.

So we've gone from a simple bit of news about a tiny little gun part, to "if your guns aren't super milsim then you must be a paintballer and airsoft isn't your thing at all".

What an enormous load of *badger*s.

'Airsoft' is not a rule set that we must all abide to gentlemen, this isn't Warhammer. There must be an awful lot of members here who break out in fits of rage when they see all the little kids in coveralls and mesh face masks rocking rental guns when they at their local skirmish sites. Within airsoft, there is an awful lot of different kit around for people to buy, and that's what makes it interesting for so many. If every retailer out there suddenly said "from now on we shall only be selling totally accurate and 100% realistic guns that cannot be customised how you want them" then, with just a few hardcore realism addicts left, this hobby would die on it's *albartroth* over night I guarantee it.

Archived