Diemaco L119A1 SFW Visual Reference Thread

Panoptes

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Safety off?

Well if it's real, it's probably its safe as the m4 platform won't allow you to move the selector to the safe position unless the weapon is cocked, so really its safe... Just like my woc.. :P

Some bad visual references, as it's made to look like the L119A1 but has some practical changes needed for mine to work like anti-rotation links..

dsc01788j.jpg

dsc01799x.jpg

dsc01804jb.jpg

dsc01792r.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mine finally complete i think :)

DSCN0537.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

Full spec for anyone interested:

-Donor gun was the newest m4a1 by g&p so i used the 8mm gearbox, m120 motor, hop-up, other small body parts, front sight, gas tube etc etc.

-g&p c8 body

-g&p storm grip

-g&p RAS kit

-g&p li-po stock tube

-stock purchased on forum & stripped paint

-guarder butt pad

-guarder flash hider

-guarder body pins

-pro-arms barrel set

-element surefire m600 replica

-ACM/RSOV 4x acog

-prometheus 407mm inner barrel & soft hop rubber with scs nub

-paracord for sling mount

All running off an 11.1v intellect 1200mah li-po in the stock tube. Had to modify the rear of the body slightly and rear wire/re-shim the gearbox but all went together very well!

Any comments/tips welcome

Umm... I don't think those floor tiles are UKSF issue?

;)

Nice work - you must be happy. :)

Hehe

Yep very happy! Will be removing the torch and vfg for woodland games. Will hopefully track down someone selling a single g&p rail cover as i only have 3!

I'm currently looking at building meself a L119A1 SFW.

I have no base gun to start with, but i have loads of m4 style mags. So it has to be a AEG.

As i will be replacing most of the external bits, I will start the build with a clone.

My question is: What guns should I start with?

I wan't a gun with durable internals, it should have metal body aswell, as this is the last bit I will replace.

Any ideas?

Well, it's one way to go, but a bit pricey. I have a guarder 120 ftk kit to put into the gun, so I'd rather start with a gun with cheaper internals. Also planning to get the Army Code body, a friend got one from a Hongeli Kong shop for 100 $, and they have more in stock :)

So, I'm trying to use as little money as possible but still get a functional and correct l119a1. This counts out most prebuilt guns for sale.

Keep 'em suggestions a comin'

has anyone successfully re-created the front sight to do this build?? i being a uksf enthusiast would like to build one, i have found the correct barrel and the same diemaco c8 body but things like the sight and ( if you really want a good copy ) the correct carry handle even if you never use it!!! they are very difficult to find

has anyone successfully re-created the front sight to do this build?? i being a uksf enthusiast would like to build one, i have found the correct barrel and the same diemaco c8 body but things like the sight and ( if you really want a good copy ) the correct carry handle even if you never use it!!! they are very difficult to find

Army code did do the front sights but stopped making them after a while. Some people have use a special putty to fill in the gaps on a standard front sight. From what i have been told both types of front sight are in use so i didn't worry too much!

Over on UKAZ there is a chap who has info on where to source the real steel carry handles. I think your looking at about €100 though! Again something i haven't worried about as i run an acog.

Hugh

• 3 weeks later...

Archived