Pkekyo-Nor

FN Picture Thread

Internally it's fantastic! The only upgrades I've done is installing an R-hop. (Though it could do with a new motor, I'm waiting till it burns out first) Shimming is excellent and the gearbox is incredibly smooth. Compression is good, albeit a little inconsistent. I'm going to wait until something breaks until I crack open the gearbox.

Externally, I'd rate it very good, but not great. My charging handle came broken (I had to JB weld it back on) and the battery space is very limited. My 7.4v 1800mah lipos barely fit. All in all my only real complaint is that the hole for the wires under the barrel is very very small.

Overall it's a great gun though.

Spagetti pool, you were at No limits on the 14th!

I thought myself and and my teammate were the only ones in the area with FNCs.

Here's a pic of mine, I'm ordering an optic rail for it this weekend.

SAM_2217.jpg

SAM_2216.jpg

Spagetti pool, you were at No limits on the 14th!

I thought myself and and my teammate were the only ones in the area with FNCs.

I was there!

I was amazed to hear someone else had an FNC as well! lol

How is the Star version though? I'm interested to see how the G&G stacks up. Does yours have a funtional 3rb?

Edited by spaghetti pool

I was there!

I was amazed to hear someone else had an FNC as well! lol

How is the Star version though? I'm interested to see how the G&G stacks up. Does yours have a funtional 3rb?

The Star version is amazing. A team mate of mine liked it so much, he went out and found a used star to buy.

It does have a functional three round burst, which I think I use more than any other fire mode.

The only modifications I've done to it, was to add a Pro-Win hop up and a madbull 6.03 TBB, and I can easily reach out 250ft. It's frightening the range this thing gets.

My only complaint is almost NO ONE knows how to get the gear box out. It's some sort of magical puzzle. I haven't needed to, but my buddy has a spare gear box that came with the one he purchased, and we haven't been able to figure out a way to release the gearbox from the lower.

Nice! I wish mine had burst mode. I've been looking for FETs but none of the ones with burst capability seem very good.

I'm really liking the paracord wrap on your stock too btw. And that stubby front end looks sweet

• Like 1

The paracord wrap makes the stock so much more comfortable. No more ice cold stock to the face.

I like the stubby front end as well, I have the original extended barrel with the sling mount still, but I prefer the shorter version more.

I guess this is funnier if you understand spanish, but thought it might still be interesting:

A choir supposedly composed by members of the F.S.L.N. (National Sandinista Liberation Front) sings a song about the FAL rifle. I expected it to a praise to the rifle that helped them win the revolution, but they actually explain the functions, parts and disassembly of the rifle.

That's *fruitcage* hilarious!

I love the fal (any version), just wish there was a really good quality version of it.

How bad is the STAR/Ares version? I heard the externals were the best of all, but how bad is it internally?

The King Arms version, I believe, is OK. And usually cheaper than the Star.

I was hoping for something more like RS/VFC quality, not an ok gun. I've seen the King arms version and Ok is the best way to describe it, it isn't bad at all (maybe the plastic parts), but it fails to impress and the materials used seem rather cheap.