FN Picture Thread

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Custom Mk48 mod 1 WIP built on an A&K M249.   -Custom CNC machined barrel assembly -Custom CNC machined feedtray cover -Custom ABS 3D printed Mk48 trigger housing prototype

My ARES L1A1 Self Loading Rifle. Where appropriate some metal parts have been paint stripped and refinished to replicate the real weapon more closely, notably the fake bolt carrier and the butt plate.

MK48 Mod 1    

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

My new F2000 - Bought it second/third/forth-hand as a fixer-upper. I fixer-uppered it, MOSFET, new piston, piston head, cylinder, nozzle, tappet plate, spring, spring guide, paintjob, hop-up unit, hop-up rubber, nub, paintjob and Eotech. Tis quite lovely. :D

P1010273.jpg

P1010274.jpg

Thoughts?

That camo pattern on the F2000 is madness. Even blasphemous.

I'm not sure how a pattern of randomised black triangles on OD could be speaking out against religion, but ok...

I tend to go for something I think will be effective - I reckon this will break up the shape of the gun well.

Thanks for the feedback though! I'll be sure to keep it out of sight when I go into a church. :D

• Like 1
I'm not sure how a pattern of randomised black triangles on OD could be speaking out against religion, but ok...

I tend to go for something I think will be effective - I reckon this will break up the shape of the gun well.

Thanks for the feedback though! I'll be sure to keep it out of sight when I go into a church. :D

Haha. Yea it would work really well to break up the pattern actually. Just sometimes whats arguably effective looks nasty. Only weapon I would bring into a church is a holy hand grenade. Though you might hit it off pretty well if you brought it to a muslim church :P

Did I cross the line there? Hehe, sorry if I did.

Haha. Yea it would work really well to break up the pattern actually. Just sometimes whats arguably effective looks nasty. Only weapon I would bring into a church is a holy hand grenade. Though you might hit it off pretty well if you brought it to a muslim church :P

Did I cross the line there? Hehe, sorry if I did.

You didn't cross it, you drove far over it.

This is still an ongoing project, but here we go...

CLASSIC ARMY DSA SA58 TACTICAL CARBINE

My DSA SA58 replica started life as a normal CA SA58 Tactical Carbine, but I added the RIS and additional items to produce a hybrid that is closer to the OSW version but with a fixed stock.

4248305938_38a17f9512.jpg

4179396072_172fa07456.jpg

4179397098_0ea2b876cb.jpg

4178634837_15cf676c25.jpg

King Arms.

SIDENOTE: My L1A1 FAL mags and my FAL Carbine mags are not interchangeable.

The hell King Arms. <_<

Hi judgeman...

Technically that non-interchangeability is absolutely authentic. The British L1A1 SLR was produced to Imperial measurements (known as 'inch pattern'), and the FN FAL was produced to the metric standard. In reality the magazines of either FAL based rifles were not interchangeable - King Arms seems to have just faithfully replicated this design 'feature'.

In actuality though - because the inch pattern was minutely larger - metric pattern magazines could fit in Imperial pattern FALs, but inch pattern mags could not fit in metric FALs. I don't know if this is also true of the airsoft replicas (is it?)...

There is a view that because this is airsoft King Arms should have perhaps have standardized the magazines on the 'metric' FAL design for practical reasons.

Edited by Milgeek

SIDENOTE: My L1A1 FAL mags and my FAL Carbine mags are not interchangeable.

But they can be - all you need to do is superglue/epoxy a small shim on the magazine under the lip that the mag catch engages - it's about a mm or so too shallow on FAL mags to allow the SLR catch to retain them. Done right (a bit of trial and error), the mags will work happily with both KA's FALs and SLR.