Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KJW m9,should have spent an Extra tenner and gotten the Co2 Hicapa.

It's a tough little pistol but has it's fair share of problems,mainly bad gas efficiency.

I got one of these in a while back to service & make a replacement trigger spring, I've always considered it to be the nastiest airsoft gun I've ever seen for quality

I didn't buy one, but I tried the DA trigger on a KJW CZ 75 a few days ago, and it was like dragging a piece of rebar through a swimming pool full of broken concrete, plus the finish was blacker than a racial stereotype and twice as thick. Horrible, horrible gun.

The finish is actually substantially better on the APlus engraved ones. I still wouldn't buy another one, though; as I put in its review thread, mine's safety snapped in half inside the gun for no particular reason. (The DA pull is also still pretty atrocious. Carrying it with an empty chamber and Israeli drawing it fixes both problems well enough, though I'd obviously rather not have them in the first place.)

(As for my worst purchase, a used JG G3SG/1. Broken cocking tube tabs, missing buttstock parts, trigger spring snapped when removed, no compression or ARL, wrong motor height, etc etc etc...gave up and sold it off for $20)

I have yet to see a more useless excuse for a Airsoft gun than my first Airsoft gun

I present to you all the well d90 . Gravity fed p90 .only feeds and fires if the barrel and gun are facing downhill or towards the floor , the plastic is so terrible you could use it to sand a wall with , it creaks and groans like a pensioner . . Thank god I didn't use it for long before buying my famas ( tm )

my maruzen M870 is one of my favourite CQB guns, never had any durability problems with it, if you screw with it you can break the loading door, but otherwise it pretty solid i find...how do you mean, "break the gas cylinder"

TT MAV 2 piece in black, stay away from gear in black. It was the first piece of gear I bought, and yes I learned my lesson.

Maruzen M870. Basically has been around a $250 paper weight, as I have only gotten it to fire once and no the gas cylinder leaks.

As stated earlier, unless you know exactly what you are doing, stay away from rare guns, especially rare gas guns.

The finish is actually substantially better on the APlus engraved ones.

The finish did actually look a lot better in the photos, and the SA's not bad - but my God the DA sucks!

I present to you all the well d90 .

I seem to recall the Well D90 is widely considered one of the worst airsoft guns ever made. I wonder what else is on that list. TSI Tavor, obviously. Equally obviously, the JLS FN2000s, early WE 1911s and all WE Lugers too. Once you factor in the price, the 2008 Inokatsu SOPMODs, too, I should think.

my maruzen M870 is one of my favourite CQB guns, never had any durability problems with it, if you screw with it you can break the loading door, but otherwise it pretty solid i find...how do you mean, "break the gas cylinder"

Are you sure you're talking about the same Maruzen 870s? Aren't there two sorts - one that feeds from shells, and one that feeds from a magazine?

y God the DA sucks!

I seem to recall the Well D90 is widely considered one of the worst airsoft guns ever made. I wonder what else is on that list. TSI Tavor, obviously. Equally obviously, the JLS FN2000s, early WE 1911s and all WE Lugers too. Once you factor in the price, the 2008 Inokatsu SOPMODs, too, I should think.

Guess who still stocks and sells the well d90 including this am bestest gun video " you won't believe the range on this" are just a few of the choice descriptions used .

Who you may ask ????

Our favourite rush too Airsoft supplier and guru of all things bright and orange

The one and ( thank god ) only JBB guns ,...

Don't get squashed in the rush to order one !

?

Gotta get myself an l85 springer and an all metal g36 !!!!!!!!!

Just found out that a deluxe version of the well d90 was also available !!!! Noooooooooooooo

Are you sure you're talking about the same Maruzen 870s? Aren't there two sorts - one that feeds from shells, and one that feeds from a magazine?

only the shell ejector is gas and he said gas something is broken, so I can only assume, the mag fed version is spring, unless he means the REEEEEALY obscure tube fed gas single shot that they made like 3 of, my 870 shell ejector is solid as a rock,

The worst thing i've ever bought was a Highlander hydration bladder.  Waste of space.  Here's my amazon review: 

"

I bought one of these a few years ago and frankly it was a waste of money. A hydration bladder is not something to buy as cheaply as possible, I ended up buying a real camelbak one and it's great, never had a single problem. On the other hand this one leaks from where the hose attaches to the bladder, it goes moldy practically over night and the bite valve drips. Even after some upgrades (replacement bit valve, resealing the (sealing?) the hose connections etc.) I still wish I'd just bought a camelbak omega to begin with. I left some water in a real camelbak for about two weeks, still tasted fresh, I left some water in this for about 3 days and it tasted like it was going to kill me, it's just a machine for growing mold.

"

• 3 months later...

One ebay molle holster that for some reason i bought at the same time as my new TM MEU , about 2.5 years ago now when i first started. Needless to say , it ejected the magazine into the undergrowth ( never to be found again - 25 quid down ) and then promptly fell apart ( another 15 pound down the drain). Got a second hand Serpa for 20 quid, never had an issue since - wish id got some advice before hand!

Mine would be Guarder C4 and C3 eye protections, none of them could even hold a year before breakage. The plastic frame on C4 is very brittle, small cracks appeared after use, got a new one on warranty. But the worst thing, it have a very poor way of locking the lenses, so bad that during a skirmish someone from 2m shoot out one of the lenses with 310 FPS AEG  :fear2: Heck, I could even punch out the lenses with my fingers! Thankfully he only shot on semi or else I would be blind on one eye today. The C3 suffer the same fate as C4 with brittle frame, small cracks appeared and rendered the eye pro useless.   

I made the same mistake - bought some Guarder's thinking it would be alright, barely fit my head (some sort of mutant must have constructed the mold) and the head strap was pratically made of happy thoughts and wishful thinking.

Wore it about the house for about 5 minutes before casting it aside and gettings some Sawflys.

What I've learnt is that, buy cheap buy twice is very true in airsoft

Very , very true , especialy with sniper rifles ,

Things are changing slowly , with meaningfull warrantys available on some products .

But it is still a bit of a minefield to be honest. .

Max hype , max price does not always mean maximum quality unfortuantly !

Middle of the road seems to be the best in airsoft. That or these new-fangled P* everyone keeps getting hard for :P.

Me, it has to be a WE 3.8 Baby 1911 thing that I got. One mag barely fired more than 3 rounds in good temperatures and the other well that just didn't like staying in one piece.

That the second KWC Python I got. Held gas for barely half the shots and the frame cracked. However as I got it for £25 and sold the spare shells for £15 I can't complain too much.

'FireKnife'

Very , very true , especialy with sniper rifles ,

Things are changing slowly , with meaningfull warrantys available on some products .

But it is still a bit of a minefield to be honest. .

Max hype , max price does not always mean maximum quality unfortuantly !

This is why reviews and speaking to people who have used guns is so important.

An AK made my X company may be rubbish but their AR15s really good

I bought some antifog from an airsoft retailer, who personally recommended it on the phone.

Turns out, it was just a very expensive bar of soap.

While true it didn't fog after application, it did make the lenses blurry as hell and any attempt to buff it clear just smeared it more.

Archived