M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite impressive paint job, and very effective. When are you giving paint classes? ;)

Me? Thanks

Actually isnt too difficult, after spending way too much time painting my M24 I decided to give this a 'quick and dirty' job, and I like it better.

Just pick colors that suit where you plan on using it(I went with what I thought would work in Kentucky for Irene 3 this time), and go to town trying to stay away from the 'verticle' in your strokes(imo). I used Kylon Camo in OD. Tan, Brown, Black, and a bit of car primer red.

In contrast the 24

post-1064-1128470128_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
So far its looking like the OD is alot better...In some pictures it almost looks black

Sad that I havent posted my M14 in this thread yet, I must have put it int he "All M14 PICS" Thread :P ohh well Reposting em anyways!

106-0621_IMG.jpg

106-0618_IMG.jpg

106-0617_IMG.jpg

106-0641_IMG.jpg

Here is what it will soon look like with the Real M14 Synthetic Stock that I am working on ph34r my 1337 MSN Paint Skillz :)

part2.jpg

titleist and urpeacekeeper, GORGEOUS M14's!!!! *mouth drools*  especially you Titleist, that is an absolutely awesome paint job!

Greg

I'm about 90% done with the Real M14 stock and trust me the paintjob is very similar to Titlests :) More pictures sometime soon, and maybe a post in the Projects section of the web page since that page rarely sees action :) I do agree though! If i get a zooming scope i'm thinking about the 5th Generation scope on Shorties... its made by the same company as the UTG Mp5 (Leapers i think) So i should be able to expect good quality for low price :) I just dont want the scope to be HUGE on the gun, I think thats the part that bothers me the most about some M16's is that People have HUGE scopes on them and it just looks ridiculous :)

Ok lots of work to make this happen but here it is.  First pics show the stock that needs to be hollowed out.

Not much to really say.  I love it.

mm5.jpg

mm4.jpg

mm3.jpg

mm2.jpg

mm1.jpg

Where are your pictures? I am working on a regular wood stock. It's not going to work. Could you tell me if the heavy walnut and big red birch are the same? I can find a big red birch stock. I really want to see your pictures. Could you post them again?

Thanks!

okay let me make it clearer. a standard USGI m14 stock is too thin in the neck of the rifle, the walls of the neck when hollowed out for the motor become inadequate in my opinion.

I was going to do the stock from scratch, however at the 11th hour I decided to go with a Heavy Walnut, which is a an oversized stock built extra thick in the neck of the gun for competition shooters, this should allow for me to safely bore out that area of the gun. I plan on doing this by building a jig and then using a drill press to remove the right amount of material at the right angle.

Again a standard M1A/M14 wood stock is too thin, if you use something like the Heavy Walnut or Big Red Birch stock the process becomes a whole lot safer. I'll know  next weekend when I receive the stock. I'm just waiting for my stock to be sent. I'll document the process when I start it next weekend.

Hope that helps.

Have you tried to convert a heavy walnut or big red birch stock into a TM m14 stock? How much thicker they to than the USGI stock?

Thanks.

Have you tried to convert a heavy walnut or big red birch stock into a TM m14 stock? How much thicker they to than the USGI stock?

Thanks.

I still think you'd be better off buying a Fiberglass stock and hollowing it out then buying a wood one and have to worry about the thicknesses in the handle. Fiberglass is tough stuff so i'm not expecting mine to break any time soon... Tomorrow i will commence work again on my fiberglass stock and once its done pictures will be up for all to see! The gun is going to be awesome! I also need to wash out the stock though since its really white lol from the fiberglass dust.

I want a wood stock for my M14 because that's how I like my M14. Whether it's harder to do than fiberglass is not part of why I'm converting it to a real wood stock.

Unless of course you show me how to genuinely make a fiberglass stock look like a Walnut stock, then your point is almost... pointless.

Thanks.

Yes I tried doing a heavy walnut, spent about 4 hours trying to get it to work, ended up cracking the neck of the stock, regardless of material you have to SIGNIFICANTLY thin out even the larger molded stocks like the big red birch or the heavy walnut.

So yeah I tried, I think I even mentioned that I failed a few pages back.

I currently use the CAW walnut stock, which is absolutely fantastic, I'll take a good picture of it later today.