Medal of Honor

[-=O=-]^{Woozie}

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Dusty and Deuce are going to be in DLC content, that pre-credits sequence with the two Taliban in the coffee shop leads me to think there may be more to the story...

Some add-on campaigns would be fantastic, especially for us casual games who only do single player.

....Out of 10 for the single-player campaign, I'd probably give it 8, purely for the realism of it all. Alright, there's a little bit of Hollywood in places but generally, it's as close to war as any of us would probably like to get.

Your review pretty much sums up my feelings, though I would have to give it a 9 for being the most immersive game I've ever played.

Some of the guns had a slightly different recoil sound when they were about to run dry--I don't know how realistic this was but it was cool. If I had to complain about something: in the part where your squad is overrun and running low on ammo, I asked for some and was given more than I could ever use. Plus, I never even went inside the hut, just hung around behind it calmly capping Muj from either side while everyone freaked out. On my next playthrough I'll have to go in there and pretend they are attacking from all sides even though they aren't.

Fun fact: the line at the end of the airfield seizure was a direct quote from "Generation Kill".

There's tons of quotes, I'm going to have to take a closer look when I do my achievement playthrough.

You have kind of ruined the last stand mission for me, I thought it was a high point :P

Ha, I ruined it worse for myself. They were yelling at me to get in the hut but it didn't look safe to me--too much airsoft I suppose. I could hear stuff happening to the team that would have been pretty scary if I was in there with them.

This is one of the first games where I wished I had less ammo.

Single-player aside I'm kinda miffed that multi-player has dissolved into pure sniper camp fest (on any map/mode) and even when your still winning games its just not enjoyable at all anymore.

I think it would have really benefited from a few extra months playtesting as at the moment it just feels so unbalanced and there really isn't any incentive to win or even play as a team seeing as you can happily sail through the few ranks there are with kills alone.

It'll be getting traded in this weekend me thinks.

Single-player aside I'm kinda miffed that multi-player has dissolved into pure sniper camp fest (on any map/mode) and even when your still winning games its just not enjoyable at all anymore.

I think it would have really benefited from a few extra months playtesting as at the moment it just feels so unbalanced and there really isn't any incentive to win or even play as a team seeing as you can happily sail through the few ranks there are with kills alone.

Silencer on an assault rifle or the mp7 (:E) open tip ammo, and a combat sight or red dot....go hunting the camping basts Oh what's that 3 of you all looking the same wayis it? muffled bursts of fire, 3 corpses hit the floor :E

Its nice when you do get on a roll but its not really possible when you can barely move 10 feet from your spawn without being sniped for several directions at once.

It wouldn't be so bad if your team made an effort to push out but most just sit around close to the spawn watching back alleys and such. =/

The campaign was short but sweet.

I'm somewhat bothered by the lack of a selector switch on the AKs, though. And the lack of power of the 5.56 left me reaching for the G3 every time I could. I did like that the shotguns (M1014, at least) seemed rather realistic, although the speed of reloading for both the M1014 and the handguns was absurdly quick.

And this is a minor niggle, but I noticed that there isn't a single pillbox or bunker in the game that you clear or destroy by yourself. Every time you come across one, there's always air support waiting in the wings to take it out. (And most of the rest of the time, CAS is nowhere to be seen.)

Only had one glitch on the PS3, one of the earlier levels when you come out of an aircraft hangar (just before fighting up through some ruined planes..) I dropped out of the map into infinity when i went through the door!

Only one i've had, multiplayer is a little laggy but that's PSN for you...

I find sniping is not much of an issue on Hardcore mode.

Sniping and camping is unfortunately a fact of playing most FPS' these days - I take the attitude from T3CH - I love the challenge of working my way round behind them and going for a cheeky melee kill. I dont mind getting killed by a skillful sniper tbh...someone just training their sights on a choke point however really doesn't take much skill - those are the ones I go for...

Oh and if you are pinned in...use your smoke grenades! no thermal sights on MOH so smoke the buggers out and relocate...

...I did like that the shotguns (M1014, at least) seemed rather realistic, although the speed of reloading for both the M1014 and the handguns was absurdly quick....

The shotguns are extremely effective in the campaign, even at medium range. That's a little more realistic than the birdshot guns in MW2.

I'm Tier 1 now :lol:

My favourite has to be the Rifleman class - M249 with red dot sight (EoTech), muzzle brake, and hollowpoint ammunition. I can hold up a whole team trying to advance with that loadout.

I would use the combat scope (ACOG), but for some reason it lowers accuracy? :/

Ben.

I love it. To me, It's a perfect toss up between hm.. Battle Field BC2 and MW2. I liked Battlefield, but thought it was a bit slow, and had it's kinks. I thought MW2 was a disappointment, and that too much was always going on at one time. This game, to me, is the perfect balance of speed and skill required to play.

I thought the campaign was a bit short, but it was still good. The storyline begun and ended quite abruptly. I played online for a while, and really liked it. The Shotguns shoot ridiculously far, compared to the MW games. I haven't advanced very far, but a LOT of players seem to be using the Dragunov and the M21 w/ red dots. Sometimes even for close range. Worked for me.

Also- in the campaign- I could have sworn I heard BUST 'EM, and thought Chris Costa was in the game. blink.gif

a few alternative names:

medal of sniping

medal of spawn-raping

medal of get-the-hell-out-of-my-way

medal of why-cant-i-lay-down?

medal of epic-fire-fights

medal of better-than-CoD

im liking this game. its much more my kind of game than CoD, but there are still some things *cough*-camping-*cough* that are really annoying.

OK I went to Blockies and rented it for a week (six quid and change) on the PS3.

I'm not a COD 'fan boy' but I did enjoy the single player campaigns in both MW & MW2. I'm not a huuuge online fan, but the wife & I sent time on MW unlocking the initial weapons.

Basically I was hoping for something special from MOH and I came away thinking...almost, what a shame...

Single player - great campaign just far too short. Finished it on hard in 3 sittings of about 2 hours each (and I'm no FPS guru.) As I primarily play SP I was left disappointed by the length of the game. To be honest I'd feel cheated if I'd forked out 35 quid for this (which I nearly did...twice.)

Now the bad - I encountered quite a few bugs - from a whole building vanishing (just leaving doorways and magically spawning bad guys!) Textures vanishing - leaving one of the Seal team with a pointy orange Tron beard...to falling through the map to my death! (I know Afghanistan is an unstable region but wtf?)

I too had to restart the quad level twice when I couldn't get off the bike properly. Numerous times the FMV/next game action wouldn't kick in until I found the magic square on the floor. My team could also magically teleport in front of me to stack by doorways etc. And really AWFUL AI for the bad guys. Talibs just standing there as their little digital pal (who they are having a conversation with) get blown away - and others getting stuck on scenery when they tried to make a run for it...

Sounds were awesome and good voice acting. Lacked the Hollywood kibble of the MW games, which is fine as the designers claimed to be going for a "realistic" feel with this game. Personally I like both approaches so sue me.

Multiplayer.

Erk. Hated this. Feels like a totally different game, nothing like the SP. Maps feel cramped and bottle-necked. Bazillion snipers couldn't seem to move without being headshot by a 12 year old-level 11-tier one beardo. Pfft to be honest, felt too much like the BF:BC games which I hate more than a perforated bowel. But to be fair at least the afore mentioned twelve year olds aren't dual wielding pirate guns and jumping around the map. AND WHY CAN'T I GO PRONE???

So all in all I'm afraid my PS3 score is 2 1/2 stars. SP feels rushed and poorly play tested. Multiplayer is as much fun as being forced into asbestos pants whilst suffering from tropical crotch rot. I enjoyed a recent endoscopy without anaesthesia more.

If you're a single player type of chap - RENT don't buy it. Sorry EA, me wanted to like...honest.

anyone know how to mute *albatross* players with mics that you cant understand? me and some friends are trying to play this fairly seriously, but i get some *albatross*-hat mumbling and i cant even hear the gameplay.

also, is there no way to deactivate the melee button? i keep losing kills because i accidentaly press it while shooting.

(im talking for the PS3 here)

actually, having played this for a couple of long sessions, some really *fruitcage* annoying trends are starting to emerge. all of the game-types are infested with camping and sniping. i know this isnt a run and gun game, but it cant really be called a simulation either, so there has to be some action going on. i lost count of how many times my team and i were confined to one road out of the whole map, just because the other guys are covering all of the choke points (of which there are waay to many). im having more fun playing the frontline addition that came with the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Just played SP in the most difficult setting. The in-game graphics was quite lacking, I hated the hidden walls, and even the most difficult setting was pretty damn easy (although I suppose that's better than constantly having to respawn for 30min). However, I thought the campaign was great albeit a bit short, the cutscenes were awesome, and I enjoyed the more realistic coordinating fire team approach.

• 1 month later...

I cashed in a gift card and picked this up, and I was pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed the singleplayer campaign... in fact I played it twice and will probably do it again in the future. It was a LITTLE shorter than I'd like, and not without occasional frustrations (the invisible walls drove me nuts, and a few of the "realistic" missions were pretty crazy over the top), but it was fun, the controls and shooting felt right, and overall few complaints.

The multiplayer is a bit flat. It just doesn't have the depth that something like CoD has, and I can't see it having anything like the same replay level. For me personally, this is a GOOD thing, because I don't need to be spending more than a few hours playing repetitive online shooters anyway... so if I get bored of it, so much the better. :)

Regardless, after all the naysaying about this game, I found the campaign, writing, sound design, and control scheme to be among the best I've played on console. I'd give the whole package a B+.

• 3 months later...

anyone know how to mute *albatross* players with mics that you cant understand? me and some friends are trying to play this fairly seriously, but i get some *albatross*-hat mumbling and i cant even hear the gameplay.

also, is there no way to deactivate the melee button? i keep losing kills because i accidentaly press it while shooting.

(im talking for the PS3 here)

i have same problem on xbox looking through the aimpoint go to fire and end up trying to knife a bloke whos 100metres away or it fires a few rounds and then trys to knife them which has given my position away. i agree a prefere the the spec ops load out with m4a1 combat scope laser aim and hollow point rounds or the m16 with silencer combat scope and double mags also like the p90 up close carnt hit a barn door with the m249 or the g3 riffle.

Archived