• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

filtrB2_zpse2f77042.jpg

FiltrB1_zps69de3a63.jpg

Still far from being externally complete, but here it is :) Running ~535 fps last time I checked.

I'm gonna get 20LR PMags for it, but I haven't yet decided, should I get them in Tan or Black... What do you guys think?

Also planning on getting rid of that stock for something else, or at least changing colour of a few parts to tan :) Modified Magpul MIAD/MOE Grip would also be nice, but from what I've seen, they are almost completely different then the stock grip :(

And.... Bigger scope? :P

I like it quite a lot and a lot of it works well already (including the scope, which doesn't need to be bigger - it's a DMR, not the Hubble). I definitely wouldn't start plastering tan bits all over it just for the hell of it - the SCAR is a precision weapon, not a Khyber Pass Kalashnikov, and doesn't need to look like it was assembled from bits found in the bottom of someone's Lego box. The shorter magazines are a good idea (and suit the DMR-look well), and if you're going to ditch the stock A2 grip a MIAD would also suit the gun well.

I'm a bit iffy about changing the stock, though. The Ugg is a big part of the SCAR 'look', and the AR-15 replacements are flat-out horrible...

Pmag wont be shorter, it would just look more awesome, like on this *stolen* Stickman photo:

906545_496576970391379_976531153_o.jpg

As I said, I'd love to get a Magpul grip for it, but it would require loads of work to get it in there, because motor sits like 5mm higher in the SCAR then it does on standard M4s.

About the stock - I find all those M4 stocks attached through an adapter horrible as well :) That's why I came up with something new, all by myself :) Those who have ever seen a picture of the real steel SCAR SSR will understand me in an instant :)

Behold.

Scarkolba16marca2013zboku_zps6f869d60.jp

Scarkolba16marca2013_zps93b10d85.jpg

Dimensions are almost exact, the whole model was created used only photos for reference, excluding the mounting solution ofc, this is modeled after VFC mounting solution. No place for battery as for now :(

First I'd like to get it 3D printed to check all the dimensions and stuff, then I'll probably cast it with epoxy/plastic of some kind... That's dreams there, my pockets are empty as for now :D

Edited by Vilreen

I know, the looks are amazing :) Thing about the magazine, it doesn't really exist for us yet :( And making my own mags, that would be a nice feat :D Maybe when I buy my own 3D printer :)

Only similar mag I'd found is this one: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=60_112_277&products_id=2859, however, it wont fit inside VFC SCAR-H magwell. Modifying it to fit aren't going to be easy as well, due to its metal outer shell. Only way I can think of is taking the inner "catridge" out, and custom fitting it into normal VFC scar midcap (cut to shorter lenght). I think I'll stick to black Pmags for now...

I know these photos, used them for reference when I modeled my stock :)

Well, it was pain in the a55 :) It took the man who assembled it over half a year (of course he did other things beside my gun as well :P). He's a known as the best in our country, I'm sure you know Poldeck. I don't know all the secrets of the trade, but from what I know, here are the parts.

SHS 32:1 Gears

Red Polycarbonate M190 Piston by Ultimate

M170 Guarder Spring

Systema A-Z Engine

Bore Up by Systema (wasn't told which)

Custom-made Nozzle

Alloy Piston Head by ICS

Black G&G Hop-up Rubber

It was ought to be around 560-580 fps, not 535, but after over half a year, he still didn't manage to do it. His advice was to try someone alse, a fresh mind usually helps with these problems :)

Well, it was pain in the a55 :) It took the man who assembled it over half a year (of course he did other things beside my gun as well :P). He's a known as the best in our country, I'm sure you know Poldeck. I don't know all the secrets of the trade, but from what I know, here are the parts.

SHS 32:1 Gears

Red Polycarbonate M190 Piston by Ultimate

M170 Guarder Spring

Systema A-Z Engine

Bore Up by Systema (wasn't told which)

Custom-made Nozzle

Alloy Piston Head by ICS

Black G&G Hop-up Rubber

It was ought to be around 560-580 fps, not 535, but after over half a year, he still didn't manage to do it. His advice was to try someone alse, a fresh mind usually helps with these problems :)

And all of this on stock GB outer shell ?

Sorry for the double post, but I guess it is too late to edit my last. I want to put the charging handle on the opposite side, so it doesnt dig into my side or hit anything when switching to my sidearm.

Here is an updated pic, pretty much finished for the time being.

tumblr_mkhl0wJ9ns1qb9vvpo1_1280.jpg

Made it myself while chopping up the upper receiver.

You guys do realise it's shorter than an standard L version, right?

I chose the VLTOR stock so I could experiment with the Carbon foil.

Oh yea, At least it doesn't have a moon booth.

Edited by NeoVeNoM