WE brass Vs WE OB Vs King Arms

AG1212

Why do all you Americans love the G&P WOC?

I've never seen one in the flesh, and as we're talking UK prices, this is the only one I could find in stock on first glance;

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/G_P_Gas_Rifles.html

Ben.

Wow thats insanely over priced. Heres that same gun http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandp-woc-sentry-magpul-type-gbb-rifle-black.html

As to why I love it...I have never had performance issues besides feeding from a worn bolt, which was a cheap fix I just bought an asia after market one and replaced the internals with my RA techs.

I like the hop up though accessing it is an uber pain in the *albatross*. Full steel internals minus the bolt carrier group means I am never worried about my trigger group or anything else in the lower half failing.

The fact that it takes green gas like a champ

That it has a TON of after market parts already installed on it thus cutting a lot of the middle man out!

I gush over my gun with its every kill. So satisfying to get a kill with a GBB. Its the only gun I love more than my mp7 if it is not quite as reliable.

I never new that choosing a GBB would be so head wrecking dry.gif

The King Arms does sound good and I would trust Beretta over the conflicting and somewhat invested opinions on WE and G&P. Though I really don't know, I don't want to buy another AEG, and I want something that will be fun and more realistic to use. Maybe I should just get a pistol or something...

I never new that choosing a GBB would be so head wrecking dry.gif

The King Arms does sound good and I would trust Beretta over the conflicting and somewhat invested opinions on WE and G&P. Though I really don't know, I don't want to buy another AEG, and I want something that will be fun and more realistic to use. Maybe I should just get a pistol or something...

KSC Glock 18 + Magpul FPG or Era Kit then? rolleyes.gif

Sorry for the little joke, but I think that if you want something reliable and skirmishable, get a KJWorks despite them having no trades, or wait a couple of months until theres a bit more info on the KA system

KSC Glock 18 + Magpul FPG or Era Kit then?

IMG_0740.jpg

The poor mans carbine? Well, maybe not so much with the Magpul kit as it still costs a lot. Still, a lot of people are having fun with their pistol carbines whose airsoft market is similar to that of real steel: an economical alternative to costly carbines.

That may take forever. Remember "Marui Man"? Back in 1991 Tokyo Marui came out with their AEG to bust all the hose boy's asses. They still hang on to that idea as seen with the advancement of their recoil AEG series and keep GBBs in pistols at the maximum. Even SMG's they've churned out (Mac-10, VZ61) are electric.

That may take forever. Remember "Marui Man"? Back in 1991 Tokyo Marui came out with their AEG to bust all the hose boy's asses. They still hang on to that idea as seen with the advancement of their recoil AEG series and keep GBBs in pistols at the maximum. Even SMG's they've churned out (Mac-10, VZ61) are electric.

they should see that we have come full circle. What we all REALLY want is daytona gun style GBBS AEG prices RS quality externals an infinite ammo mag and...oh geeze tangent.

No really I would buy a daytona...if I had ever met anyone who had fired one and not have it start spitting gas the day received.

Can't they just make some sort of magical drop in ver2 and ver3 (and whatever p90 gearbox is...6?) gbb kit with a gas line that uses aeg mags??!?? why is this impossible???

For me i would go with the King Arms System, I was passed one a few weeks ago to review in TakeAim and i was really impressed by it. They have probably the best gas effeciency ive seen in the WA platform, and probably across all the popular platforms.

They have also taken a leaf from inokatsu's book with the retracting firing pin so you wont find yourself bending valve/firing pin if you insert the magazine without the rifle cocked. The mags are a beefed up version of the WA mags and are leak free so far, really impressed. :)

As with all GBB rifles though, they are going to need more care and attention and more often than an aeg. I have owned/repaired/upgraded everything from the WE Scar, PDW, M16, M4 CQB, WA M4 CQBR, G&P M4 etc etc and they all have their pro's and cons. If i were to pick one based on my own experience with them it would have to be the new King Arms, or a closely following G&P. The performance from the king arms is what does it for me. The hopup is functional and works well, unlike a lot of others out there although it takes a little bedding in at first. as said earlier too, it uses the gas effeciently and doesnt suffer much in the way of venting. The finish on it too is very nice and the trades look about as realistic as you get, if maybe a little neat looking.

Heres what she looks like naked.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4822598406_708668f06d_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/4822584416_187c7e15ec_z.jpg

Beretta,

Cheers for the info :) Does the power adjustment allow for sub 1 Joule performance with Green Gas/ Propane, or must one use 134a to achieve such power?

*Snip*

All the examples I've seen over here have been vastly overpriced for what they are.

Haven't had any trouble with either of my WE's that lube couldn't fix, and they still shoot great on green or C02 out the box.

I think, any GBBR system you invest in, you need to research the availability of aftermarket parts. WA? Fine. WE? Fine. KSC? Ok. King Arms? Hmmm... KJW/Tanio Koba? Hmmm...

Ben.

Beretta,

Cheers for the info :) Does the power adjustment allow for sub 1 Joule performance with Green Gas/ Propane, or must one use 134a to achieve such power?

Green gas all the way. :)

The gun comes with a spare valve piece that you place inside the nozzle to regular the power, theres one in there already so the smaller of the 2 give the lower power and comes in a fraction under 1J. The other one is somewhere up in the 400+ area. If your not crazy on the idea of these little valve pieces you can just scrap the lot and install a RATECH instead, or the cheap as chips clone of it from ehobby. :)

Having reviewed and used the AGM, WOC, Viper, Inokatsu, WE Closed Bolt M4/SCAR/PDW and the WE open bolt PDW, and having played with the VFC I would say that:

Best bang for buck with least fuss is the WE PDW open bolt. It hardly needs any mods and has had no durability issues. (as opposed to the closed bolt having broken receivers and poor blowback)

Best finish is the Inokatsu followed by the Viper and then the VFC.

Best feel is the Inokatsu tied with the Viper. Worst Feel is the VFC followed by the AGM and the WOC.

Best kick is from the Inokatsu followed by the Viper. A WE with a slightly modified (not lightened) BCG could beat the Viper on recoil but not a stock WE. VFC did do a redesign of the trigger system and magazine system, which does helf efficiency, but the redesign of the trigger system is more a cost cutting measure so that pot metal sears could be used for the trigger, hammer and bolt lock.

Best efficient gas use comes from the WE series. Worst is the Viper.

Best improvement in design of the WA system is the Viper, with a very well designed and reinforced bolt-nozzle, BCG and bolt plate. The WE PDW is also very innovative.

The most requiring tuning is a WE M4/SCAR, though once you get a WE M4/SCAR tuned its pretty set. An AGM/WOC would still require constant replacement of bolts and bolt plates, occasionally a BCG, once you go over 5000 rounds.

Cheapest mags are from the WE.

Overall I pitted the modded WE M4 I had with the Viper and a modded AGM side by side, in the end the WE M4 won out for durability, cost of magazines, cold weather performance, gas efficiency, accuracy, and power.

But the Viper was so well made and resembled an AR that really tempted me, if it wasn't $60 a magazine, and not so stellar cold weather performance.

Mine works great, never had any problems with it.

Was gonna say you ever meet anyone who got a DTG product straight from DTG and not through OpForce? Stuff straight from justin is awesome, but I have seen some issues with the stuff from opfroce. Don't know if it's with opforce or end user error, classics aren't for the in-experienced, and that seems to be who they advertise for.

I think your problem isn't the low ammo available but rather the a-holes you usually play with ...

Can't avoid them, they seem to be everywhere I go, from Texas to Virginia, although it's not everyone, and from what I notice it seems to be players in the younger crowd (<16).

• 1 month later...

Thread revival!

Anyone seen any further reviews of the King Arms GBB`s? (specifically the M7A1)

Quite interested in trying one.

You and me both but they're out of stock EVERYFSKINGWHERE!!!

I thought i would never own, play or even touch in a WA based GBBR EVER EVER again but this King Arms is too good for me not to at least try it. I mean ... King Arms GBBR for $255/190€ ?!? *fruitcage*! A AGM down here costs 180€/$245 ... how could i NOT try it at this price :wide-eyed:

The KA M7A1 wasn't anything special really.

It looks like a well painted AGM with half decent externals and a rail system slapped onto it. The receiver is the WA length not the INOKATSU length, and was a pain to take down (something didn't fit right in the receiver, hopefully will wear over time). There is no indent with the cocking handle, like the WA and AGM.

Internally the trigger system is not steel, and is unpainted. I couldn't tell what the bolt was made of, but it felt lighter than the AGM.

Firing it was kinda like the VFC. KA's recoil was stronger than a VFC but much weaker than the AGM, and it felt tinny/hollow, like how the AGM compares with the Viper. Viper and the KA shoots at around the same FPS. And both the Vip and KA mags work well on each gun.

I didn't get to test range or accuracy.

But yeah nothing special. It depends how they construct the bolt, the hop up and how durable the trigger and bolt catch is.

If you look at what you're getting for the money (in terms of the MRF Rail, VLTOR upper, Magpul stock etc) then KA had to skimp somewhere. The G&P M7A1 is ~$100 more than KA and the components list is just the same (in terms of which type of rail, which grip etc), difference is in the quality of construction.

Archived