ArniesAirsoft: 10 today..

Marlowe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Epic threads are epic.

Best quote has to be 'DrewLawson' - "Kid Scotlands semen cures cancer......... to bad he has AIDs"

Also who is this Sledge guy, seems like quite the legend.

i think i joined up very early on - i was on this and ukan from the early days [though not really old blue of the latter], maybe joined arnies same time as aitch?

i seem to recall sledge, mostly for the comedy posts and endless quoting of song and film lyrics between many of us.

do i also recall someone who was going to setup a bricks and mortar shop with arnies or somesuch..?

I remember meeting Ghost_Rider and his Girlfriend (who's username i forget) at electrowerkz back in the day when i was a newb

Oh yeah, what's with him and Hardcore_Mitsuko? They stopped posting three years ago all of a sudden (IIRC he was fuming about "being the laughing stock of the forums"). I haven't seen Doc_Newstead for ages either, and the guy was a memetic *bramston pickle* (some people, instead of blurring their faces out, pasted a face of Doc from one of his silly photos over theirs instead).

There was also that old lady who collected airsoft guns, what was her username again?

That and... we're not banning anyone for mentioning Ivery by name any more?

Oh yeah, what's with him and Hardcore_Mitsuko? They stopped posting three years ago all of a sudden (IIRC he was fuming about "being the laughing stock of the forums"). I haven't seen Doc_Newstead for ages either, and the guy was a memetic *bramston pickle* (some people, instead of blurring their faces out, pasted a face of Doc from one of his silly photos over theirs instead).

There was also that old lady who collected airsoft guns, what was her username again?

That and... we're not banning anyone for mentioning Ivery by name any more?

Doc_Newstead joined the RAF and was working on IT looking stuff in Afghanistan going off the last posts of his I recall.

Gun_Lady was was the old lady who collected guns, last thread I recall by here was possibly something to do with having a police visit over her gun wall because it was visible through a window.

Who is Ivery? :blink: For some reason I'm drawing a line between that name and a user with a Christian fundamentalist vibe..though that might have been another forum.

I remember Hissing Sid as well, think it was his review of the ICS M4 that influenced me getting one over a CA...speaking of the more entertainingly cynical users...has anyone seen Stealthbomber recently?

We should really make a new thread for 'where are they now?' But here's as many as I can think of:

Given that there was almost a private civil war behind close doors over the actions of a certain musician over the suspension forum celebrity, I don't think anyone will policing the references too heavily. :)

Staff:

Ghost Rider (Ubar's brother) is still around, but no longer airsofts. We've not really had any contact with him a long while.

R22Master embarked on an around-the-world bike trek.

Pablo is still around but does not actively get involved in the community due to personal reasons.

Rhino still pops around on the chatrooms every few days and often attends / help run the Morning After community events for Arnies Veterans.

Stealthbomber is working overseas.

Slayer, as far as I know, vanished.

The silent terminator that is Nuno is still functional; his location and actions are a source of constant mystery and amazement.

Notable Regulars:

Billy_Mak: Emigrated back to HK - I stay in contact with him and met him a few times when I was over there.

Doc_Newstead: RAF Logistics. Currently stationed overseas.

Havoc_Man: Sadly banned for repetitive abuse of the system. He was allowed to return but sadly abused any leeway allowed.

Hissing_Sid: Who knows? ;)

Ivery: Friend of Arnie. Departed after agreeing not to get involved with the forums again after 'Cakegate'.

Sledge: Also banned after many years posting after his manner became increasingly abusive and arrogant, feeling he was above forum rules.

Ubar: Currently serving with the Paras in Afghanistan.

That's as many of the more notable folks I can think of for now.

Archived