AK & Variants Picture Thread

It wasnt a planned purchase, but the company were selling them for £90, thats wholesale.

It is a frankenstein and a monster, but i actually was very impressed by the externals; my first JG was a standard china clone but ten years later theyve really improved a hell of a lot. Its a base though; I think with some (ok a lot) of work this will rise from the ashes of flourescent nastiness,reborn as a sweet piece. Probably a Tabuk or an RPK. Ill post some more pics as the project progresses though...

Edit: yeah I do have a valid defense, its just these rifles came with the injection molded bright colour

Edited by JackofBlades2448
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

gallery_7657_2217_789258.jpg

You'll burn your hand off, kid! :)

Fun build. I've certainly seen weirder/dumber looking RS guns. Fairly routinely, actually. People love to do wacky hillbilly AK builds for whatever reason.

Yeah SBRs shooting M43 rounds aren't uncommon, and have their place.

AB3A2583.jpg

Yeah my Micro AK was a 3Hr fun build off a WE AK PMC.  Possibly the first to get a Romanian stock onto one.  Testing my milling,lathing and threading abilities really.  Really quick work.

Not only I had to mill the stock to fit, I had to redesign the stock locking system (stock trunnion on a WE was different from a normal RS trunnion hence the RS Romanian stock wouldn't fit).  The foregrip holder doesn't fit the barrel hence why the foregrip pushes the foregrip upwards.

Only wish that someone made custom steel outer barrel sets for the WE, I would be doing a WE RPK or a AK DMR.  Given FPS off my WE AKM is 500fps and my Micro AK is 430fps both have more than 60m reach.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • Like 3

Some like a bit of wear on an ak; some like theres tolook like its been utterly beaten to hell-then kicked to afghanistan and back....you dont see the latter somuch, cause i think we like a careworn but pretty AK, not an actual battlefield survivor.

Really nice distressing work though;Ive no idea how youdid the rust, its not my taste, but it standsout from a crowd (and the aks74u is a crowd now, a wood and steel m4 imho)

Did you actually take it to bare metal btw? Ive done this with my dustcover, but it lookstoo damn shiny; any pointers how toget that great matte finish?

the rust you see is not rust at all, but a combination of dark earth- brown-red of clay colors with weathering. It took a lot of time to complete, because i painted the whole gun and remove it, then some weathering with a scotch brite, then again painting and so on.

Also the duct tape you see , i burned it with a lighter, to make it old and used...

Edited by VIPER-GR

Cheers mate, I'm not using rust on mine but it sounds like a pretty complex process and well done on getting that look, I like the duct tape bit though;Ill be using that, and also you use of paracord liking that esp on the handguard. Im at bare metal now and I was thinking maybe a black wash would give the shadow and matte finish im after?

post-99028-0-62878700-1424215285_thumb.jpg

Edited by JackofBlades2448

Cheers mate, I'm not using rust on mine but it sounds like a pretty complex process and well done on getting that look, I like the duct tape bit though;Ill be using that, and also you use of paracord liking that esp on the handguard. Im at bare metal now and I was thinking maybe a black wash would give the shadow and matte finish im after? This is mine btw; you see how "young" it looks? Only really done the handguard and tgat needs varnishing.

post-99028-0-62878700-1424215285_thumb.jpg

Cool pkm; real nice except that bright grip; is that like a work in progress or something?

I would assume it's like that as the stock is from a RS wood kit but the pistol grip houses the motor so it would need a lot of work to get the RS grip to work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Its a nice piece - props for modifiying it conservatively (you see soke utter monstrosoties) id like to add some RS parts to my ak as there are some you just cant get as airsoft parts; also the RS can be so much cheaper ironically. (Svd optics eg) I have seen that bright orange bakelite colour in a film...cd have been black hawk down maybe- the guy in the doorag with that "krinkov"

I hate my 74u stock and im swapping out for a polymer '74m stock- but I want the classic look, so would fakeliting it work?

A quick question on top covers, I've recently purchased a CM 040c (AK74m) which I'm running as an AK 103. My only issue is that CYMA insist on using the ribbed style top covers which is wrong for either the AK74m and AK 103 (though you so see the former with ribbed covers on occasion). It's not a massive bother but it would be nice to get a more correct smooth top cover, CYMA seem to use their usual AK47 covers on their AK105/CM 040d and I might just pick one of these up and paint it black unless there are better options. Cheers.