UKSF Loadouts

Alezi

I've just read Marc Nicol's "Ultimate Risk" then I've attempted an Op. Trent impression, G Squadron, Fire Support Base long range Barrett sniper, based on the info found in the book ...

I know it ain't perfect: the Barrett model isn't the same issued to the British Army, the wagon is not a proper Pinky, and I haven't a CBA or ECBA flak jacket, but that's the best I can do...

AWESOME land rover you have there =D

Do NOT quote images. Remove the [/img] tags.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dough, I have seen that on the other thread, and as I said I like the look of it. What belt kit do you run with it, and would you be able to get some pictures up of the entire impression when its finished so I can plagiarise you :) But using a MAV style chest rig instead of a 1961A.

I´ll take a pics once i have some parts of my sfw back.

what i run else was seen on other pics tho. no additional beltkit (cept huge *albatross* bergan)

dpm smock, crye gen 2 trousers, hanwag alaska gtx boots, oakley gloves, mich or boonie.

and some little tidbits..

Looks a tad ranger-ish to me but solid looking kit there :)

Getting my SFW sorted this week, going to be running it 'current' with a long 16'' barrel, elcan spectre (pure supposition I know but my acog is currently awol), peq 15, surefire and gripppod.

Also planning a 'blades in Iraq' 10-inch suppressed upper and maybe a C8A1FT for a bit of retro :D

Almost got my SFW game-ready. G&P M4 base, 10" Element barrel with a perr_mike extension (thinking about throwing a Voretx flash hider on there), Miliputted front sight and Lonestar grip. Just recieved my ACOG this morning (went for the TA31 since that's what our regs are being issued) with a Docter red dot on top. Haven't made a final decision on batteries yet - the gearbox is front wired at the moment, so the obvious choices would be a PEQ-2, or a PEQ-15 with a lipo, but I am tempted to grab one of the small 850mAh lipos from component-shop and seeing if it will fit inside the RIS. Anybody have any experience with those?

-Mike

Not to be funny or anything, but unless they've suddenly changed the rules and now have so much MTP lying around they're getting rid of it through proper disposal channels, no civilian should in possession of the stuff. Technically it's only illegal for us folks in the military to sell it, not for civvies to buy it as far as I know, but there's now one less UBACS for someone in Afghanistan who actually needs it, because you're using it to go airsoft skirmishing in.

AFAIK snowman there haven't been any post-MTP era pictures of UKSF, we're in very theoretical turf with current UKSF impressions.

Right, got my kit list together for my 'theoretical current' lightweight UKSF/ SFSG kit. This is mostly finished pending finishing touches to the pair of SFWs and actually buying the sidearm kit (which will probably be an after-birthday purchase in march when it gets a bit warmer). The pretty red lettering is stuff I still need to get. Suggestions/comments welcome.

Clothing/headwear.

-Mich 2000 (mount to come).

-MTP ubacs and trousers.

-Hard knuckle nomex gloves.

-Meindl boots (As always).

-Arm-mounted document holder.

Load bearing equipment.

-Heavily modified set of airborne PLCE with qd buckles, slung on HSLD suspenders, containing twelve E-mags and various kit (Spare ammo, jetboil and rats for weekenders etc).

-Kandahar plate carrier mounting sidearm, grenades and PTT/CT1.

-MBSS-type backpack for hydration system and main radio storage.

-collapsible dump pouch on back of KPC.

Weaponry.

-10’ SFW with PM Surefire Suppressor, Surefire Scout, Acog with Dr sight and wings, PEQ-15 and angled VFG.

-16’’ SFW with Elcan Spectre, PEQ-15, Surefire M952V and Grippod.

-P226 in serpa, attached to stomach of the KPC mounted crossdraw fashion.

Going on pretty much on a balance between what I think will work for me and what from my reading and what I can glean limited resources on present-day equipment I can find. I think it should look ok. Thoughts?

Archived