You're Q and its time to replace the Walther. What do you choose?

Wingman

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see Bond carrying a hi-power... Is there a compact version of it? Standard full-size would definitely ruin the cut of his jacket...

No but perhaps a:

1287669067.jpg

Browning BDA 380, carries 13 rounds of .380 (9mm Short), uses the design of the Beretta 84f and mates it to a Browning action plus it use a double action mech similar to that of the PPK and is not that much bigger than the Walther PP.

I'm not sure, but didnt Jessica Biel use the PX4 Compact in the A-Team? I think its the pistol shes holding when the A-Team "borrows" the C130.

Yes, she does.

800pxateampx4c.jpg

Looks about right in her hand though.

Sig Pro = no idea

Bourne, carries a SP2009 in the first one and a SP2022 in the second at certain parts.

ASP

Considering that in the non-Ian Fleming books Bond is gievn an ASP then why not. Good little cut down S&W M39 with a special Guttersnipe sight and 6-7 rounds of 9x19mm.

'FireKnife'

Actually it would be a case of puncturing a gas cylinder rather than the force of the hit so a smooth FMJ 9mm should do the trick, or for the extremes i am sure a 4.6mm or 5.7mm would do it.

'FireKnife'

You'd need an incendiary round as well as penetrating it... Shooting a propane tank = No explosion... Mythbusters take the fun out of everything.

You'd need an incendiary round as well as penetrating it... Shooting a propane tank = No explosion... Mythbusters take the fun out of everything.

True, but it will let the contents into the air, gas cylinder and firearms going of near them, especially revolvers, big bang. Though yeah that whole shooting a cylinder on its own does nothing aside from let the pressurised gas out.

'FireKnife'

custom cutdown highpower or maybe a detonic sized hipower, a Q original based on the browning? I mean the hipower uis brit isssue but something slick and tweaked not strictly a gadget but....

Would not the P228/9 be better then? Present issue in Brit forces.

p229.jpg

Plus it is compact, modern, comes in 3 common calibers and uses the magazines of the larger model in a pinch.

'FireKnife'

the hipower is still on issue as well afaik

It is, but is being phased out slowly by the P226/8/9. Typical Brit army, about 20 years behind everyone else in what we build. Look how long it took us to mass issue a 5.56mm then how long it took to get the damn thing working properly.

Personally the HP-35 would great for the 50's books but as a modern sidearm many better guns exist.

'FireKnife'

1911a1, ok, maybe ammo's not that easy to find, but what's a secret agent without extra ammo. it could even be one of the 9mm colts.

stylish, sophisticated, and as it's single stacked, easier to conceal than a sig.

and for the "britishness" you could just chamber it in 455, like the ww1 1911s.

Hey just so I can follow along here are you guys taking what he's carried by the chronology of the literature, or the films?

Seems to be that most are discussing the films. However i am looking more at the books and what Bond would carry were it perhaps the 50-60's. Maybe a HK4 or M1910.

However if basing it in the 50's and 60's most of the enemy would be Soviet or certainly be using there ammo so why not a Makarov?

'FireKnife'

no just no cant have a yank cartridge. how about a webley?

Why not the .40? After the 9mm and .45 it is the most common medium frame cartridge, even if it is made by stupid Americans.

And no to the Webley, Bond is a true automatics man, only going for a revolver when he has no choice in the matter.

I know but 1911s are awesome ._.

They are but they just don't fit Bond as a charcater, even the shorter Detonics wouldn't make sense.

'FireKnife'

I don't think 007 tends to worry about doing a battlefield pickup for spare ammo. He's not adverse to grabbing an opponent's weapon to use against them or to lay a false trail but going as far to use a crude Eastern bloc pistol as a daily driver goes against the grain of the character.

Bond likes the best things in life. He likes fast powerful cars, strong drink, cigarettes, and lots of women. His clothing and watches are always the best. His pistol has to fit his life.

Archived