Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corrado is 95% back together (ash tray, glove box, steering column surround and scuttle panel and wiper arms left to go).

I'm genuinely worried about starting it up - What if I've left a connection loose somewhere and it sprays petrol all over a hot engine? (Not touched the fuel system, so it shouldn't... But still) What if it spews all the lovely new coolant everywhere? What if it DOESN'T FRAKKING START!?

How they hell do people change cam belts etc? I'd *suitcase* myself every time...

It'll be fine, even in your hands Tink.

I am sure we have all had that moment. I had it when custom building some 1911s and kept thinking what if a bit was out of place but it worked in the end, sure yours will be the same as I doubt you would have rushed it :P.

And happy thread for me is new pistol hopefully tomorrow if not Wednesday depending on courier. I likez new pistoools.

'FireKnife'

Got a swanky new Ferro Concepts AOR2 back panel today. Think its the real deal but there doesn't appear to be any manufacturer's information anywhere. Might have to ask the folks at FC to check it out.

Great considering they're not available for purchase afaik in the UK (Tactical Kit does have some of the less exclusive patterns but not the AOR2). Now I just need an AOR2 plate carrier to stick it to, hurry up Semapo.

Just picked up the XDM I bought and put it in my hand.

'Like a glove' is about the best I can think of. The only thing is the backstrap but that can be thinned with the smaller option.

So Glad I have one of these now, even if it does look like a bit like a feature-less Glock block :P.

'FireKnife'

Damn it, I want a KFC lunch.

Had to settle for a Pot Noodle and that was only as they were 50p each :(.

Though as this is the happy thread I am very happy with the XDM I got yesterday, it is a beauty and the kick is fantastic even on 144a. Can't wait to try it and the M&P out side by side.

'FireKnife'

I must admit everything about it seems spot in hence the fact that it is even higher up in my list than some of the TM 1911 variants I use.

Heck even the longer grip works for me as it allows me to get the base of my support hand between my shooting hand and the tip of the magazine bumper which makes it fit so well.

The HK45 doesn't really tempt me though but the USPc is different :).

Finally getting my UKARA renewed!

BUY ALL THE GUNS

Was thinking of a TM M&P.

3ve7rt-300x298_zps336b5083.jpg

Seriously, it is a damn good gun, especially without that safety which can get in the way of a good high grip with thumbs forward.

'FireKnife'

That got me thinking last night. I mean it does seem to be the underdog in both airsoft and RS with the Block being king of the strikers and the M&P catching up.

I don't personally see why it isn't more popular as it just melds into the hand so well. The only thing is the grip safety might pinch if you are not careful but it is a good safety system to have.

Only issue I am having is the mag lengths are a bit of a bugger, it is just too long to not fit in my flap pouches and I have had to resort to the velcro ones.

'FireKnife'

That got me thinking last night. I mean it does seem to be the underdog in both airsoft and RS with the Block being king of the strikers and the M&P catching up.

I don't personally see why it isn't more popular as it just melds into the hand so well. The only thing is the grip safety might pinch if you are not careful but it is a good safety system to have.

Only issue I am having is the mag lengths are a bit of a bugger, it is just too long to not fit in my flap pouches and I have had to resort to the velcro ones.

'FireKnife'

If I remember correctly, a good chunk of their XD line was recalled last year for safety concerns. Only a voluntary recall - But *suitcase* like that sticks in the gun industry.

I do recall something on a hickok45 video or someone like that saying XDs had a recall.

But even before that, they have been winning handgun of the year etc.

Though I had a look on some forum for ideas (doing a US Police Officer loadout) and it seems 80% of police are either rocking a Glock in .40 or a M&P in the same, very few had much else (aside from the ones that had 'you bring your own / pick your own' setups).

'FireKnife'

I went to a paintball game armed with a slingshot once. Great fun.

This afternoons humour began with a shout of 'Get your fackin' heels together!' followed by the new 2Lt scurrying into my office. We sat and drank brews while listening to the SSM chew out a soldier for being a "thunderous *Ubar*" and an "Oxygen Thief worthy of awards" it just ended with 'Left turn, quick march.. lufrightlufrightluf..'

Just rearranging the picture frames as some are slanted. 6/10 *badger*ing SSM, needs more shouting.

Archived