Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOOM!

http://tpks.ws/oWvc

I made a brilliant pun today on facebook and nobody noticed.

A mate has mice in his house and and I said I was soory to hear it.  I got called on a spelling mistake.

It was deliberate.

Soory - souris - mouse - geddit?

Nobody else did either.

*edit*

Tink and DL - you guys need to get on the ginge fast diet, it's not fast and you won't end up ginger.

I'm down from 126 to 90.5.

35.5kg = 5 stone 8 lbs.

I saw 90 flat on the scale on Friday but that is unconfirmed until I hit it twice.

I am starting to eat better as of today.

I'm FireKnifes height and nearly 13 stone. Beer belly is peeing me off, so running g will commence!

Also I caught up with a mate I've not seen for 8 years last night. We went for beers on a school night.

I cannot drink like I could at 18. I am hungover. And that also added to said beer belly problem!

Edit, beat the swear filter again...

Impressive numbers. But for some reason, my eye is more drawn by the mugshot profile pic in the corner.

Beer belly is peeing me off, so running g will commence!

Beer belly? Or fuel tank for a love machine? :P

Also, all you massive tall folk make me feel not so tall. Maybe you should all come round mine and show my other half that I'm not a giant.

That's short to me but not too short. Once had a girl that was more like 5ft0.

She was very strange though, didn't realise that certain things weren't so easy to perform at said height. Saying that it did have other advantages but I will not divulge them here.

'FireKnife'

When I lived in Glasgow I had three consecutive girlfriends that were 4'11", 6'7" and a 69kg class Commonwealth weight lifter.

All feminine, sexy and physically exotic.  All with body issues.  All impressed by my utter lack of *fruitcage*s given about their physiques.

All also inevitably put off by my utter lack of *fruitcage*s given about anything at all really.

Impressive numbers. But for some reason, my eye is more drawn by the mugshot profile pic in the corner.

Beer belly? Or fuel tank for a love machine? :P

Also, all you massive tall folk make me feel not so tall. Maybe you should all come round mine and show my other half that I'm not a giant.

Mug shot eh?

That's one of the best pictures of me there is.

I think it evokes my inner tranquillity hostility and love for indifference towards my fellow man.

I am basically a dwarf.

5ft 6. 13 and a bit stone.

When this beard grows out I can make a passable Gimli.

5'6" is not a dwarf.

Actually, the only time I ever really feel somewhat jealous of shorter men is doing "army stuff". Sure your slightly shorter stride might be a slight disadvantage on a TAB or run but it isn't that much shorter and the advantages in cold weather endurance, load carrying ability, sneakiness and shell scrape size all make up for it.

It would be nice to be able to sleep with my whole body under a poncho and not have my head out in the weather.

One of my shortest mates can (basically) get away with using his bergan as a bivvy bag.  Awesome.

I am starting to eat better as of today.

I'm FireKnifes height and nearly 13 stone. Beer belly is peeing me off, so running g will commence!

Also I caught up with a mate I've not seen for 8 years last night. We went for beers on a school night.

I cannot drink like I could at 18. I am hungover. And that also added to said beer belly problem!

Edit, beat the swear filter again...

Not really my place to say this as a documented fatty but running is a terrible way to get fit/lose weight.

It doesn't use that many calories and it is murder on your hips, knees, lower back, ankles etc..  The only upsides are that it requires a minimum of equipment to do it.

However, this time of year is a bad time to start running, the bad weather will (unless you are a *fruitcage* BADASS!) demoralise you and put you off running.  The feeling of failure can put you off permanently.

Do you have access to a bike? turbo trainer? swimming pool?  These things are kinder on the body and unless you are a pervert they are more fun too.

If you have the will power I can recommend the ADF diet.  Lose the weight first and then start in with the phys, less stressful and traumatic to the body.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CycleOps-Trainer-/321585487181?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item4adffd1d4d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ernie-Clement-Falcon-Racing-Bicycle-/261663564308?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item3cec5d2214

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fausto-Coppi-road-racing-bicycle-Caliper-side-pull-Steel-700c-Yellow-/281502948952?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item418ae21e58

Or for a bit more

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-GTR-series-4-road-bike-medium-green-black-315-reserve-/181587635008?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item2a47776b40

Or for a lot more

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giant-TCR-Advanced-1-Sram-Force-groupset-Medium-MavicKsyriumElite-Rotor-QRing-/171542659300?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item27f0bd40e4

If you want me to go and have sex with the last one to check it out for you I am available.

Mug shot eh?

I think it evokes my inner tranquillity hostility and love for indifference towards my fellow man.

I think how scary a picture you take is disproportionate to how nice a fella you come across in person. :)

Or for a lot more

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giant-TCR-Advanced-1-Sram-Force-groupset-Medium-MavicKsyriumElite-Rotor-QRing-/171542659300?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item27f0bd40e4

If you want me to go and have sex with the last one to check it out for you I am available.

You'd have thought for that money, they'd have given you a full set of spokes. :P

I don't think women's view on height is that complicated really - under 6ft is short, as far as I can tell.

fwiw I think Stunt is right on running and weightloss but I'd extend that to all cardio... Most of the time it makes people hungry and the amount of calories burnt is relatively little for the time and effort spent. A few "bodybuilders" I "know" (as in, not that well at all) jog etc when putting on weight but when they go to lose it they only do short gym weight sessions to maintain their mussels whilst their diet does the rest. 

I had great success with the ADF diet, but unfortunately I just couldn't balance it with working 12 hours a day, six days a week.

Especially as my primary job is working as a teacher in a LOA 5-6 SEN school. Very demanding work, not something that I could do when feeling woozy and sleepy 3 days a week.

This talk of bikes an exercise reminds me why I am annoyed that I would have nowhere to store a bike at my flat should I decide to take up cycling to work on the warmer days.

As for being happy well the weather is good, my heating works and the next add-on I have to do for Fallout New Vegas is the Old World Blues one which looks great compared to the bland Honest Hearts (bar the .45s and the last mission assault) or the infuriating Dead Money (*fruitcage*-ing radios and speakers, was like watching the film Scanners). Bring on the roboscorpions, brains in jars and cyberdogs (sounds like I am about to go on a 70s Doctor Who marathon).

'FireKnife'

Actually, the only time I ever really feel somewhat jealous of shorter men is doing "army stuff".

TAB-ing becomes a shuffled run for me. But the rest of it, amazing fun. The only reason I had kit that fitted an no-one else did through basic was because of the local Ghurkas.

Bring on the roboscorpions, brains in jars and cyberdogs (sounds like I am about to go on a 70s Doctor Who marathon).

Best DLC - Specially like the undead robo-suit things I forget their name. Nice idea, especially the creepy transcripts you find detailing their decline.

Dead Money (*fruitcage*-ing radios and speakers, was like watching the film Scanners).

'FireKnife'

Worst DLC. Awful level design. Nice concept, takes too long for little to no reward (which is half the story line) Dog/God is amusing though.

I don't think women's view on height is that complicated really - under 6ft is short, as far as I can tell.

Met a lovely tinder girl, everything about her is pretty promising until she finds i'm only 3 inches taller and she likes heels. Immediate rejection. By the gods..

Met a lovely tinder girl, everything about her is pretty promising until she finds i'm only 3 inches taller and she likes heels. Immediate rejection. By the gods..

:( sorry bro. That's exactly what I mean though. "luckily" I'm 6'1 so that goes in the bio - don't hate the player hate the game an all...

I've got used to it - genetics is a *badgeress*, the line 'Have you ever been with a short guy before?' while dressed in a bad suit like Sulley in Commando works sometimes.

That suit was bad *albatross* if you were an extra in Miami Vice.............why do I watch that show again? :P

But then you did find her on Tinder, a place that actively encourages being shallow and making 'looks' the main thing ;).

Best DLC - Specially like the undead robo-suit things I forget their name. Nice idea, especially the creepy transcripts you find detailing their decline.

Dead Money (*fruitcage*-ing radios and speakers, was like watching the film Scanners).

Worst DLC. Awful level design. Nice concept, takes too long for little to no reward (which is half the story line) Dog/God is amusing though.

To me Dead Money was little to do with the reward seeing as already had A Light In Shining Darkness and The Burned Man's armour in my main game so didn't need anything from the weapons. Also I had enough caps and the Jury Riggin' perk so could build anything from anything. Plus when you think about it, the actual area you play in is rather tiny, it is more the radios and traps that just make you take it slow. Plus the holograms where a bit weird, they made silly noises and only pursued you a short distance which didn't really deter me that much. The support characters all had good little moments and the Ghost People where fun if a little easy once you got used to them.  The lack of good kit though bar hoarding Stimpacks from the machine made it all a bit meh though.

Honest Hearts was only better due to the post-Legion Burned Man and the sort of baser God like conflicts of the tribe but it was too short and the guns were too powerful.

Old World Blues just looks perfect to me, lots of fun quests, in a giant research center. Also Lonesome Road looks good too due to the singular final conflict idea and the hints towards your future. I found the same with Fallout 3 though, Anchorage was just *suitcase* but gave you good kit when finished, Zeta was fun but too linear but gave good guns, Pitt was fun and grimy with lots of potential to fight and backstab, Broken Steel was good for the extra quests it gave you and the nuking option and Point Lookout was the best with the manor defence, the swamp section and the range of stupid / smart enemies.

'FireKnife'

It helped build the start of 'I hate DLC' for me.

Spent a fair bit on those just for several hours of entertainment (of varying degrees) and then maybe a new gun or two.

You're right about the Tinder thing - my profile pic is me in a moose antlered skiing helmet. It's for winners, and attracts nutters. Which for one nighters is definitely for winners.

When I lived in Glasgow I had three consecutive girlfriends that were 4'11", 6'7" and a 69kg class Commonwealth weight lifter.

All feminine, sexy and physically exotic. All with body issues. All impressed by my utter lack of *fruitcage*s given about their physiques.

All also inevitably put off by my utter lack of *fruitcage*s given about anything at all really.

Mug shot eh?

5'6" is not a dwarf.

Actually, the only time I ever really feel somewhat jealous of shorter men is doing "army stuff". Sure your slightly shorter stride might be a slight disadvantage on a TAB or run but it isn't that much shorter and the advantages in cold weather endurance, load carrying ability, sneakiness and shell scrape size all make up for it.

It would be nice to be able to sleep with my whole body under a poncho and not have my head out in the weather.

One of my shortest mates can (basically) get away with using his bergan as a bivvy bag. Awesome.

Not really my place to say this as a documented fatty but running is a terrible way to get fit/lose weight.

It doesn't use that many calories and it is murder on your hips, knees, lower back, ankles etc.. The only upsides are that it requires a minimum of equipment to do it.

However, this time of year is a bad time to start running, the bad weather will (unless you are a *fruitcage* BADASS!) demoralise you and put you off running. The feeling of failure can put you off permanently.

Do you have access to a bike? turbo trainer? swimming pool? These things are kinder on the body and unless you are a pervert they are more fun too.

If you have the will power I can recommend the ADF diet. Lose the weight first and then start in with the phys, less stressful and traumatic to the body.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CycleOps-Trainer-/321585487181?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item4adffd1d4d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ernie-Clement-Falcon-Racing-Bicycle-/261663564308?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item3cec5d2214

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fausto-Coppi-road-racing-bicycle-Caliper-side-pull-Steel-700c-Yellow-/281502948952?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item418ae21e58

Or for a bit more

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-GTR-series-4-road-bike-medium-green-black-315-reserve-/181587635008?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item2a47776b40

Or for a lot more

Thanks for that bud. I'm on my phone so will have a look at the links tonight.

I know running isn't the best for me but it's free, and I'm 2 minutes from miles of mown grass so wouldn't be totally smashing my knees to pieces.

To cycle, I would need a bike + lid + lights. Again, I'm 2 minutes from miles of flat cycle path though. I don't have any disposable spare to purchase bike + ancillaries. I also frigging hate cycling, but could overcome that for health reasons.

Never heard of a turbo trainer, will look into it.

To be honest I probably only need to lose half a stone or so, I've just got a slight paunch.

I'll need to ease into it though as my cardio is truly shocking. I'm going to start krav maga again in January which is good cardio, but I'd like a month or so first so I don't have a heart attack in my first class.

I've also got a heavy bag for the garage to start some cardio that way. That's going up this weekend.

I love swimming, but again, cost and time. Nearest pool is 15 minutes away by car.

I reckon I can squeeze an hour of phys in per day, tops, and a half hour round trip will kill time in the pool. Half an hour swimming isn't enough for me.

I've also got some free weights and a chin up bar, but I'm not too worried about strength. I've got a physical job,and I e worked on building sites for 18 years. I'm not massive, but have a decent amount of strength.

Once again, thanks for your help :)

Edit, willpower isn't an issue. I've no qualms about being out in the pouring rain or when it's freezing!

Archived