WE XDM

aznriptide859

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$88 and it has WE on it.

In UK temps i still think a plastic slide, some Japanese QC and a proven system it better than cheaping out.

Nice to see it appearing so quick and can't fault it as a holster filler with metal bits :P

'FireKnife'

True, i suppose a quick swap with some TM bits would probably make it a better shooter. But other than that it is just good to hope it is at least basic and works well. :P

'FireKnife'

That's the problem with the XDM, it's not basic in the slightest.

Cocked indicator, trigger safety and 1911 style safety. . . . as far as marui pistols go, it's the most complicated design I've seen. . . LOTS of places where WE can screw up...

About as difficult as a 1911 then (half-cock, thumb and grip safety, older style Browning action setup) and we all know how well they did those :P

But if this is a re-branded HK3P or whatever they are called it may be worth it, but after the P226 (even though that has more options) why bother? ;)

'FireKnife'

but after the P226 (even though that has more options) why bother? ;)

What, because there was one photo of a broken slide the entire company and everything they make is rubbish?

No because the vast majority of pistols that i have held under the WE (or Socom Gear) brand have failed within about 1000rds.

In fact only one has chugged along and that was a Hi-Capa that was very seldom used.

'FireKnife'

About as difficult as a 1911 then (half-cock, thumb and grip safety, older style Browning action setup) and we all know how well they did those :P

But if this is a re-branded HK3P or whatever they are called it may be worth it, but after the P226 (even though that has more options) why bother? ;)

'FireKnife'

Actually, the 1911 is less complicated than this...the grip safety on the XDM is integrated on a glock-ish hammer mech...

xd-095.JPG ABOMINATION....

Anyways, as far as marui goes, it's got a lot more pieces (small ones at that) than usual. . . , we'll se how this turns out for the WE ver.

As far as their P226, I BELIEVE there was some problem with early models and their valve striker. . . it's described here: http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-111888-1-1.html

However I could be wrong, my chinese isn't that good and google-translator can only go so far...

Hmmm... I was semi-considering this last night actually (the TM XDM that is). To be honest if you just want to try out some different models for plinking and whatnot and are prepared that they could die on you these new WE guns seem like an OK option.

The HK3P rebranded WE G17 wasn't perfect but it is hard to beat for the price. The WE G17 I looked at had hideous trades (but that said it was a US import), the frame's polymer felt less strong and possibly brittle with a seamline running down the center, the painted slide felt poorly painted, and the hop up didn't effect BBs enough. For the price though, all the cosmetic deficiencies were acceptable, and the hop up was correctable once the metal hop up plate was bent down some. All in all, if the rebranded XD-M comes in at the same quality as the WE G17, it won't be a bad buy.

I would never look at a We. I have used everything under the sun, and if there's something anything remotely having to do with We, I run the other direction... Friends don't let friends buy We pistols.

And now please some cue up Addaqq....I'm sure he'd love to join in on the We bashing! Capitalistic militaristic complexes sucking the life blood out of truly progressive sport and such....

WE's are alright if you want a disposable summer sidearm. They don't shoot bad on a hot day, but they'll almost certainly break in short order. I've had about 6 of their 1911's, and they've all been a laugh on hot days, but they've all suffered the chamber/breech/slide interface tilting locking whatever the bloody hell that problem is within about 3,000 rounds.

Still - I'm hearing a lot of positive about the Glock and Px4... And for $88, I'm pretty tempted... Worst case scenario, I get a mag and a few spares for a TM one sometime in the future.

Look guys, here's a round-up of the current "HK3P factory" guns :P

The HK3P PX4 is freakin awesome and I've held, racked the slide, cycled the gun, etc. on almost 26 different HK3P PX4s already and none of them were lemons out of the box :P

One of the first batches had their trigger spring broken but apparently the TM one has the same issue (and the owner was dry firing the gun frequently). The newer batches with the blue boxes haven't been played with enough yet so I can't say whether the trigger's gonna be an issue with those :P

All in all it's probably the best clone gun out right now and surprisingly WE didn't slap their name on it :P

The HK3P Glock had ###### paint on it's slide that'll scratch off easily, but it's not ACM quality bad as it's just thinly applied but the paint was even. My Glock should be running fine but I dumped a 200% recoil spring in it and some other aftermarket parts and it's not locking on the last shot; it's my problem though, the stock config was fine :P Performance-wise should be same as the WE Glock and Socom Gear Timberwolf. Gen4 frame's been released but it's not a 100% copy as the frame and slide accommodates the single recoil spring system, not sure if ambi mag catch but mags aren't anyway and the slide doesn't have the Gen4 markings.

The Glock 18C haven't had much talk here on Arnies but I assume it's 'okay'. There's a bit of comparison on the stark G18C review but from what I remember the WE or HK3P doesn't seem to have real design flaws.

The Sam Edge seem to be fine, haven't seen many complaints yet. There's a 93R made to look like a Barry Burton Sam Edge that's coming out under the WE brand (saw it on youtube, forgot the link).

The WE p226...doesn't seem like there's a lot of reviews, but broken slide shows that the metal for the slide can't take much stress. Might be an exceptional case with the one we've seen here on Arnies but I guess we should stay away from that for now...though it seems HK3P's own p226 have some slight modifications compared to the WE one (like the mag base) so there might be design changes inside the gun that'll make it as good as the PX4.

And now this :P The XDM's been cloned surprisingly fast. From the UNCo pics I can't tell whether it's got the same markings as the TM one (so somewhat true to real steel trades) but knowing the other WE "rebrands" the "WE" XDM should have WE trades. As such I suggest everyone hold out till the "HK3P" branded XDM comes out as they'll have the trades that everyone will want.

As long as WE and HK3P seem to be using the same factory to produce new GBB pistols you can expect whatever WE churns out you'll get a HK3P equivalent with the correct trades soon enough :P

For myself I'm more interested in the magazines as with GBB pistols the magazines are crazy expensive. If they hold enough gas and are efficiency enough, plus being TM compatible I'll get a TM XDM (if the plastic is much better than the WE, but who knows...the HK3P PX4's plastic sure isn't cheaply made :P) and grab a bunch of WE XDM mags for the gun :D

Archived