Why bacon is awesome.

hwagan

Why do you think Bacon is the best food ever?

Here are 3 reasons I personally love bacon, in all it's bacony awesomeness;

1: It takes mere minutes to cook, and with the combination of bread and other peripherals, it is possible to create one of the most satisfying meals possible in about 6 minutes with minimal effort and very little washing up.

2: Due to the simplicity of cooking, Bacon sandwiches can be constructed when utterly, completely and irrevocably wankered.

3: Bacon is the most versatile meat ever. It goes well in a burger. It goes well in a sandwich, a salad, or even in the skin of a jacket potato.

So, let's hear everyone's reasons for why Bacon is so unbelievably perfect in every possible way.

I love you, Bacon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually do 4 rashers (fried to crunchy crisp but not burnt) and a fried egg on 3 slices of cheap, supermarket sliced white bread (thick cut).

First level will be bacon smothered with HP sauce, second level will contain the fried egg with Ketchup.

Obviously the bread will be lathered in thick layers of butter.

I like both smoked and unsmoked but prefer unsmoked. I don't hold anything against people who prefer smoked but judging by what usually happens, I'm about to come under attack for my preference of unsmoked awesome. :P

Also it's a proven fact that bacon, and even just cooking bacon, cures hangovers! It's an elixir of god like proportions in pig form!

I've found Bacon tortilla's to be frikkin' awesome - Several rashers of slightly crispy bacon, chilli mayo, a few slices of Tomato and some grated Mozarella...

Also, I'm pleased with the success of this thread, clearly Bacon is a popular topic. And it should be.

(As for smoked V unsmoked, I prefer smoked but I'm not fussed either way)

The streaky stuff is only good when its well crispy.

Or in the form of a bacon weave.

Agreed; Streaky bacon is also good for Pizza.

So this seems like the right place to ask:

Am I the only person in the known worlds who cooks bacon in the oven rather than a frying pan?

PS Smoked bacon tastes like ash, yuck.

I generally fry it for ease, but grilled/oven cooked bacon is always good. Best bacon I've ever had was stuck on a fork and held over an open fire for several minutes. It went a bit black, but damn did it taste amazing.

Unsmoked danish bacon , but don't mind smoked.

Crispy fat , grilled / ovened

Daddies strong brown sauce and butter

Are we talking drinks too, or are we atleast all agreed on tea?

Also my favorite burger recipe:

Venison burgers, rapped in danish bacon, poor on some Newman BBQ sauce, top with cheese. Oven bake and put in a bap.

Microwaving is the second worst thing you can do to bacon.

Not the way I do it. It's deelissh.

On the cusp between soft and crisp, browned but not too brown. And *zero* washing up.

Grilling is good too, so long as the rashers under the grill are reposing on slabs of bread, so that all the rendered fat drops down and is immediately soaked up by the bread, that's becoming instant toast as it does its sponge act.

Unsmoked, wrapped in tinfoil, placed on the exhaust manifold of the car.

Drive.

Retrieve bacon, apply to buttery (north east Scotland thing) or in the absense thereof, a croissant.

Eat.

Profit.

No ?????? necessary.

*edit*

Also:

http://www.amazon.com/Marinis-Candies-Chocolate-Covered-Bacon/dp/B005YHG6KM/

Microwaving raw meat is not only disgusting but it is also unhealthy. You go and study how microwaves work and you'll quickly realise that in a microwave the temperature fluctuates massively, to kill teh germs you need constant high heat for a good few minutes. (Industary standard is min 75deg for min 2 minutes.)

Archived