Why bacon is awesome.

hwagan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Candy bacon anyone?

Tin foil on a tray, equally spaced unsmoked streaky bacon ( Not my usual choice I'll have you know) on top

Cook on one side under the grill

Pour off the fat

Flip, and cover in brown sugar

Wait till sugar is caramelizing, then flip, and recover in sugar.

Same again, then flip and cover in sugar for the last time.

When thats caramelized, get them off the tin foil quickly, and ENJOY!

Perfect breakfast:

3 Slices good toast, buttered

3 Eggs, scrambled with loads of butter, still runny. Eggs fresh from chickens *albartroth* that morning. Mix 2 chunks of dairylea in for much greatness

4 slices bacon, grilled till crisp while being doused in Henderson'' Relish. Cut into chunks and adorning the eggs.

Little bit of ketchup, salt and pepper.

*fruitcage* awesome

Perfect breakfast:

3 Slices good toast, buttered

3 Eggs, scrambled with loads of butter, still runny. Eggs fresh from chickens *albartroth* cloaca that morning. Mix 2 chunks of dairylea in for much greatness

4 slices bacon, grilled till crisp while being doused in Henderson'' Relish. Cut into chunks and adorning the eggs.

Little bit of ketchup, salt and pepper.

*fruitcage* awesome

Every day is a school day.

Best breakfast ever is my home-made deep-fried dropped scones with maple syrup, crispy grilled bacon and a malted milkshake (home-made with a pint of milk, malt, an egg, vanilla extract and a banana with icing sugar to taste).

Drink:

Half pint of full cream milk.

2 big scoops of good quality vanilla ice cream.

2 tablespoons of Horlicks.

Cap full of vanilla extract (not essence).

Banana (a bit biffed is better).

Blend.

Food:

Make dropped scones (Scottish pancakes)

125g self raising flour

Beaten egg

150ml milk

2 teaspoons of sugar

melted butter or oil, about an ounce, whatever feels right.

Mix all that up, cook like pancakes but smaller, about the size of a wagon wheel.

Once cooked, deep fry in peanut oil.

Apply grilled bacon and maple syrup.

Eat, drink, be merry.

When I got home from skirmishing today, I didn't have any bread; So I cooked 8 rashers of bacon, and put sliced cheese between 4 slices, and made a cheese sandwich with Bacon in place of bread.

Shut up heart, you don't tell me what to do. Get back to fighting the cholesterol.

All I know is 4 rashers of back, smoked, cooked so that they are black and crisping at the edges and just a little soft in the meat then put in a crusty bit of bread, lightly toasted to add crunch along with some of that good brown sauce (no HP, not you, you taste *suitcase*) is good enough for me.

Only time I even go near streaky is if I am cooking with it. A nice pack of streaky makes some very good bacon fajitas, or failing that chop it up and lob in some chicken, peppers, tomato puree and a barbeque sauce mix of your choice and cook, then serve on your own choice of rice, wedges, or chips.

Bacon is win, unless it is that Quorn stuff, that is just un-holy, *fruitcage*-wit, *suitcase*-hole fail. Screw you veggies and your substitute food.

'FireKnife'

Fireknife, I whole heartedly agree. At the end of the day, vegetarians have made their choice. And there's already bacon out there. Why have substitute bacon when you can have the real thing?

Also quorn irritates me, the texture is always wrong, no matter what form. AND WON'T PLEASE SOMEBODY THINK OF THE FUNGUS'?

technically Quorn is closer to mould.

Bacon goes with anything, and everything. In fact, you don't need to have it with anything. You can just fry for 2 mins, eat.

You can wrap chicken in bacon, you can wrap venison, beef or even more pork. Fruitcaging wrapping a dead animal in more dead animal is awesome, especially when at least 1 of those dead animals is bacon.

Bacon rashers, bacon steak, bacon joint and bacon jerky (yes it is possible).

Smoked, haney marinaded (jsut get some squeezy honey [orange blossom works well] and smear over bacon in packet in fridge, by morning, all honey will have been soaked up by the bacon, que even tastier bacon)

You can smoke it, cure it, fry it, bake it, grill it or microwave it.

Bacon is the ultimate foodstuff. And it is manly.

Ah yes pigs in blankets are win. Need to get some of them and cook them, just for the hell of it the eat the win :P

Ultimate win food.

Still I do like adding it to things that make no sense, can beat it chop, pan fried and made in the pan with scrambled eggs, don't know why, it works.

'FireKnife'

spag carbonara, simplest thing in the world.

put bacon in oven and spaghetti in to boil

melt butter and mix with flour, add milk bit by bit and keep it stirring, increase the heat to cook it and add more milk bit by bit to make the right consistency.

mix sauce with pasta, chop bacon and sprinkle on top. Also sprinkle grated cheese on top.

Also add a fork....

Also eat it.

One of my quick favorites is bacon cheesy pasta. Takes as long as it takes to boil some pasta. Cut up onion, peppers (optional). Cut up bacon into bits, fry. Mix into pasta. Add dollop of creme cheese, mix and melt. Add grated cheese and microwave for full melted cheesiness. Also good with sausages.

Can you get US style macaroni cheese over here? I see it all the time in epic meal time videos. It's just completely different to what we get here. It looks far more processed and they use those soft blocks of cheese. I can't remember what it tastes like.

Can you get US style macaroni cheese over here? I see it all the time in epic meal time videos. It's just completely different to what we get here. It looks far more processed and they use those soft blocks of cheese. I can't remember what it tastes like.

That's easy, *albatross*. It tastes like *albatross*.

Real macaroni cheese is made of a white sauce-based cheese sauce, not processed cheese flavoured food analogue like that Kraft nonsense.

I'm sure there are people in the US that can make proper macaroni cheese but too many of them eat that *albatross* flavoured stuff in a box.

Archived