New TM Stuff

FireKnife

Not gonna lie, a TM MP7 GBB is probably going to be quite nice, I wonder what size magazine is the 40 rounder. $42 for mag IIRC is cheaper than the KSC one when it was new...

I don't know if I'll get another MP7 though, I've had a AEG and a GBB and both ended up going away....

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean all three? At 40rds a piece and with my primary pistol holding a grand total of 105 in five mags I think 3 would be enough, I mean they are TM mags, nothing will go wrong :P

I have four for my KWA MP7 so I'd say you are almost right :P

(I'm still outraged by the fact that any Glock long mag holds 50, but hey...)

I wonder what size magazine is the 40 rounder.

The standard extended ones that come with a real MP7.

But seriously, 40 rounds a mag? Now i gotta buy three more...

Yep, well the real one fits 40rds or 4.6mm so having one that holds 40rds of 6mm bb is easy to understand. :P

Now to work out when I can afford one, or if there is any point due to the sites near me, seriously they are sit opposite each other and hi-cap sites :(

'FireKnife'

If they make the little mags in 20-25 capacity and I move to an area with a decent site (even better if it is indoor), away from the spack-tards up here that use 425fps guns up close, I will get one and be very happy about it.

Plus being TM it is going to fire at CQB freindly levels, no issue. On Ultra can see this being mounds of win and fun.

'FireKnife'

I'm hoping the Mp5 is a EB model. Seems pretty simple to design since the old MP5 series uses the V2 gearbox. There's a lot of life in doing a MP5 EB considering how many models there are. Maybe TM have realised they can pump out EB MP5 models similar to the M4 series without too much cost for different front ends etc.

While I'm not massively fussed either way in terms of the MP5 being EBBr or gas, I'm leaning more towards the gas side of the house (that's presuming they're not mentally *fruitcage* us all right now and it's actually a boys model or a springer). The cocking handle system on the legacy H&K line doesn't lend itself so well to the new TM style bolt lock feature to my mind, they'd have to build it so that the operator was required to lock the bolt back and then give it the HK slap to re-engage the trigger system within the gearbox and continue firing once a fresh mag was inserted. While I'm sure that's possible it just doesn't quite seem as likely.

Just had a really grim thought about the 416 if it's EBB.. they're going to put a god-forsaken, demon spawn, servant-of-satan SOPMOD stock/battery system on it aren't they? ... DAMMIT.

Megalo, is there a link for these steps (with pictures so i feel more comfortable)? I'm sure there is in that TM SOPMOD mega thread but i dont think i can dig through 190 pages lol. I would be interested in just running the regular crane stock batteries in them. Sometimes, having two of those sopmod batteries isnt enough to last the whole day. My understanding is that you remove the bottom of the buffer tube where the connectors are.

Plus, keeps me busy during this wait. I also agree that the GBB mp5 would be the most logical. The only way i see it being a EBB is that they decide to ditch the cut-off bolt lock since the g36c or K were EBB and they decided to not use the cut-off feature in them.

The one I have was pre-converted, the wires come direct out of the channel under the buffer tube.

The MP5 could be bolt lock if the have it setup so when the cocking arm comes back a cam lifts it over the linkage, but when pushed downward the cam is bypassed and the linkage is depressed.

Archived