New TM Stuff

FireKnife

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you are saying you support STEALING other people's work and idea?!?

TM is made in Japan, meaning they can't use those awesome metal slide. HK3P is WE, What does WE do in pistol? STEAL tokyo marui's design. What does KSC/KWA do? design them.

One reason I don't support HK3P

Aren't all TM's high cycle rifles relatively "short" (for want of a better word): MP5A5, G3SAS, P90, and then the Steyr, M4 and "AK-47" are all short versions.

Next Gen EBB has among its members the Socom and Sopmod, then the Recce, so why not add a 416?

Another reason for the 416 is that this way it can use the already made SOPMOD magazines.

And yeah, the fact that it's a 416 front.

Also, talked to gunsmithbaton guy for a bit at his store about the releases, he (and the rest of the staff) thinks it's going to be High cycle. So, everyone is thinking the same thing.

What were their thoughts regarding the Sig? I'm curious because the various blogs at militaryblog.jp are not talking too much about the teaser.... usually their reaction to these teasers is quite fast and energetic.

So you are saying you support STEALING other people's work and idea?!?

TM is made in Japan, meaning they can't use those awesome metal slide. HK3P is WE, What does WE do in pistol? STEAL tokyo marui's design. What does KSC/KWA do? design them.

One reason I don't support HK3P

Well, Tm makes the recoil series full metal, except the scar for obvious reasons, so I think they could make their GBBs full metal if they wanted, and yes, HK3 PX4 and STARS M92 are superior to TM offerings, fruitcage, the M92 even has a crude hop up unit while TM didnt install it after so MANY years... and it cant be so illegal since Japanese brands hapily sell said metal slides in their market...

99% of the airsoft players support brands stealing TM intelectual property at some extent or VFC, G&G, G&P are so much different to TM designs? well, externally they may be a bit different but internally? they all use V2 and V3 GB... so please, spare me some hypocresy (dont know if its actually correctly spelled)

Maybe KSC design some new things, but KWA definetly doesnt do it much as their GBBs are based in KSC pistols, their M4 AEGs are clones of TM M4s, their GBBR M4 is hugely based in KSC M4... etc. Maybe KSC and KWA work with some kind of partnership, so in such case, KWA shouldnt be mentioned or refered as "designer", just a rebrander or financer like echo1 financing the "GAT" which is actually designed and produced by an ACM company

So, in short, do I support stealers? if they improve over the original at a fraction of the price, yes, fully, I think its called competition and used to be good for the market and potential buyers

I believe the metal slide issue for "JDM" guns are for the pistols only. For better or worse Japanese law have a very strict view on fire arms. I think in the eyes of the law they see metal pistol is more likely to be modified to fire real rounds. Same view that viewed the shell loading Tanaka as being possible to fire real bullet.

I think KSC/KWA is not exactly the same relation as TM to HK3 or whathaveyou....There is somekind of contract between KSC and KWA. There is no business relation between the clones and the TM.

As far as clones improving the design. TM is designed for domestic Japanese market only, they have a muzzle energy limit. You let them run on duster, or the regular rate springs, or whatever, they'll run all day and night reliably. Its until they get to the overseas market where people start putting more stress through them that they start having problem. TM doesn't care about the rest of the market. They don't have to, since without caring they still sell a ton of guns out here.....

I think KSC/KWA is not exactly the same relation as TM to HK3 or whathaveyou....There is somekind of contract between KSC and KWA. There is no business relation between the clones and the TM.

As far as clones improving the design. TM is designed for domestic Japanese market only, they have a muzzle energy limit. You let them run on duster, or the regular rate springs, or whatever, they'll run all day and night reliably. Its until they get to the overseas market where people start putting more stress through them that they start having problem. TM doesn't care about the rest of the market. They don't have to, since without caring they still sell a ton of guns out here.....

Certainly there is no relation between TM and other brand, didnt try to imply that, If it looked like that, im sorry, it wasnt my intention

As you said, other brands make their guns more suitable to outer markets, being USA or Europe, making them reliable and average/good performers, so, if TM doesnt care about my/our needs as foreign players, why should I support their IPs if other brands build more suitable products? Moreover, people like me are not part of their market niche, so they dont care, I dont care, every body happy supporting the brands building the more suitable products to their needs, been original or *fruitcaging demonic stealing demons

Or £206.59 in the Queen's English Pound :P

*fruitcage*me if that is all it is going to cost (well slap on a bit of tax and postage, so say £250 ceiling) then I can see them selling well, especially if they have the Marui goodness that other GBB guns have.

'FireKnife'

Ooor they screw us all from behind and make it a BOYs 416.

Oh, how I would laugh until my ears fell off.

And how disappointed all you guys would be, lol.

But if they did the same thing with the supposed release of a new accurately replicated TM Thompson M1928 then I would literally break down in tears with disappointment.

Don't forget the magazines. Many of them.

You mean all three? At 40rds a piece and with my primary pistol holding a grand total of 105 in five mags I think 3 would be enough, I mean they are TM mags, nothing will go wrong :P

What countrys' currency is that? if you come from there can we extradite you :P

Nope, due to your crazy Scottish laws and the fact you all have no independence (and if the surveys are anything to go by, you never will :P)

'FireKnife'

But FK in the UK we have GBP or Pounds Sterling, no Queens pound, but you could always FO back over the border if it'll make you feel better :D

I've glorious Scottish money burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm kinda reluctant to throw £250 of them on a preorder when within a month or two of release they'll appear much cheaper on the boards, that and I'm ooing/ahing at building two 4.3 hicrapa skirmish monsters :P

But FK in the UK we have GBP or Pounds Sterling, no Queens pound, but you could always FO back over the border if it'll make you feel better :D

I would explain but I really can't be bothered, try watching some classic comedy once in a while ;)

As for pre-ordering, I don't see why people bother, just wait til they pop up in the UK or a second hand forum. If they added an incentive to pre-order like a half price mag then fine but no they don't. :P

And the Hi-Capa skirmish guns, easy, just take them out of the box, put a gassed up magazine in them, some .25s, adjust the hop and away you go. Though with you, you will make them, then sell them.

'FireKnife'

I'm kinda interested to see how the TM Mp7 works out myself. I recently sold my KWA Mp7 because i was offered a really good price that I couldn't turn down. But I immediately started thinking about buying another one, because its just such a great CQB gun.

Im curious though what the improvements over the KWA/KSC variety will be, as their version worked quite well.

Archived