New TM Stuff

FireKnife

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn you Icon, I go away to take a screen cap and by the time I return you have already made my point.

Thats not an MP5 guys, as Icon rightly says, its an MP5K - hence the upper stock pin.

So, we have an MP5K with a full stock for some reason or other:

345.png

For the record, my guess is:

TM MP5K HC, with full stock, rail mount, PDW flash hider and an MP5 400rnds drum mag.

So um....M&P......where did that go? : S seriously..

Sig 226 elite? seriously? I hope not... NOW if it's a sig x-5 allround (since it has no ambi safety)....now we're talking! I'm a sucker for competition-ish models.

series 70/80 stainless....meh ok, why not.

As for the sig, hyperdouraku thinks it's a fictional model since the beavertail is actually done WITH THE GRIPS... I didn't notice until I read that...

None of the RS sigs that I know of have this.. nor the elite, nor the x-5. Another person from japan thinks it's a p229 enhanced elite

The beavertail on most Sig Sauers has more of an up-flip.

Compare:

visual_hobbyshow2012_05.jpg

P226 Enhanced Elite

Sig-Sauer-E26R-40-ESE.jpg

The models with less of a "flip" are *some* of the P220s and *some* of the P229s.

P220-Dark-EliteTB-Detail-L.jpg

229-Enh-Elite-Hero-detail.jpg

But I don't see that textured area, on the left of the TM picture, on any of them. Either that space is covered by the grip, or by a thumb safety.

The beavertail on most Sig Sauers has more of an up-flip.

Compare:

P226 Enhanced Elite

The models with less of a "flip" are *some* of the P220s and *some* of the P229s.

But I don't see that textured area, on the left of the TM picture, on any of them. Either that space is covered by the grip, or by a thumb safety.

Exactly, also if you notice on the TM, you can't make up where the grip ends before the beavertail.... I believe that the beavertail in itself is part of the grips (the part with a different texture right under it belongs to the frame I think).

That doesn't match any RS sig that I know of, and hyperdouraku is usually right, it might be a fictional custom.

What about the shape of the hammer? That looks odd to me too.

yeah, that seemed strange to me too, the guys on japanese blogs speculate that it's a custom skeletonized hammer.

Hyperdouraku just speculates that it'll be a match type custom , if it really is a competition oriented gun I'm really curious on how that'll look...also DA for a competition gun...that'd be...interesting. Berettas are really not that popular on competitions in japan....

Ok so MP7 should be coming soon that is good.

As for the Sig, hmm, a bobbed hammer, beavertail without much flick and a stainless slide as standard, hoping for a Charlie Wax-esque X-5 but expecting a re-tooled P226 with extended beavertail and other such stuff. As for the grips, they do end before the beavertail, it is just the image makes it blend in to the frame it seems.

As for the MP5, hmm again, a MP5K with a solid stock, must be a weird TM concoction that again looks weird, though if it is GBB or a G3 varient they have cobbled up then it will sell. A full stock MP5K, or even one with one of those UMP style stocks, not sure on that.

The Series 70 in Stainless, well they have done variants for the others so why not this one? If it comes with stainless effect mags, great.

So not as big as a re-tooled M9 and a GBB MP7 but better than last time they gave us a $10 PPK springer thing :P

'FireKnife'

I bought one for a tenner in 2000, and fuelled it with Lynx deodarant

No more rotten corpses smell in the battlefield. Well done! :D

We can only hope for some kind of GBB MP5, but I somehow doubt it'll be it. A souped up electric concoction is more likely.

The Series 70 and 416 are quite clear. If that 416 is RS it'll be GOLD.

Beaver tailed 226... Not sure. It doesn't seem an x-5 but maybe the perspective is fooling us. Nah, after rewatching the pic it seems it's some kind of weird dual stainless model. Maybe custom stuff as HD guys say.

Another reason for the 416 is that this way it can use the already made SOPMOD magazines.

And yeah, the fact that it's a 416 front.

Also, talked to gunsmithbaton guy for a bit at his store about the releases, he (and the rest of the staff) thinks it's going to be High cycle. So, everyone is thinking the same thing.

All I want to know is why don't TM just throw it all out the window and make that damned M&P that has been rumored for about 2-3 years now?

I would rather have a stainless Series 70, but damn it TM make something new, look how well the XDM and the PX4 did. The 5-7 would have too if it wasn't so niche and fragile.

'FireKnife'

Wish TM was more "international" but the only thing we can do right now is wait until they decide to release something we like and buy it instead of buying a thousand times the same stuff. As they say in the USA, "vote with your wallet", until then, HK, Taiwan and ACM companies are producing more new things than TM will or ever did

I NEVER want TM to enter the export market, why you might ask, simple if you look at the prices for Western Arms, Tanaka even Marushin, they're way too expensive compared to a few years ago, TM keeping out of the export market means their prices stay low and we still get decent guns at pretty reasonable prices, if they went into export would you be willing to pay £250+ for a TM GBB?

Silver S70, I've pearl grips waiting for you :P

I dont really care what TM does, anymore, if they release something appealing to me or make a step forward in gun design (as they did with the recoil M4), I will buy it, if they dont, well, I will spend the money somewhere else. If they go international and they rise their prices like WA, good for them, I just wont buy anything,

Anyway, TM= low prices? dont think so, its more like tanaka/WA/etc are seriously overpriced, or thats my perception, although I would never pay 250 quid for a plastic side arm, I prefer to buy a HK3 PX4, upgrade it and spend the rest of the money in silly ammounts of ammo to shoot people of sunday mornings

I dunno if going international has anything to do with the price hike. Marushin's been open for export for years and their stuff is still relatively cheap. Tanaka prices may seem drastically higher but only with their Jupiter line which I think is just to make up for their losses with the Cassiopeia fiasco.

Archived