Inokatsu producing steel slides ? TM M9 and PX4...

NonEx

Was just randomly browsing airsoft retailers and saw on eHobbyAsia that they have steel slides for the TM Beretta M9 and TM PX4 from Ino...

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalog/product/view/id/25464/s/ino-cw-steel-slide-with-barrel-for-marui-kj-we-m9-gbb/

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalog/product/view/id/25465/s/ino-cw-steel-slide-with-barrel-for-marui-we-px4-gbb/

Anyone knows anything more, what does CW stand for in the name ? INO CW ? :o

From the pics the finish looks kinda meh as with most steel parts out there.

Price tag of 500 USD each, YOWZER !

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I saw that px4 slide on some forums... man, 500$ for those is too much.

nEO_IMG_P8070063.jpg

Separate extractor? noooope.

nEO_IMG_P8070066.jpg

fake pins that have to be glued and plain sights that need to be painted? check.

for 500 i'll take the shooters design slides, some tritium sights and still enough cash left to buy almost 2 marui px4s....

Aren't the real Beretta M92F slides not even made of steel? I recall them being some form of alloy (Even after the whole "Slide hits you in the face" problems were solved). I cant see why anything more then say, aircraft grade aluminum would be necessary. I would imagine a heavy *steel* slide would also absolutely murder gas consumption.

Yeh, after buying my RA Kimber it's kind of funny how airsofters are wanting steel, and RS guys want lighter materials. Always something ain't it. That's why I got a NOVA alu. slide for my WE XDM that is on order as of now. Was contemplating the RA XDM slide, but, give my experience with the Kimber and RA, and that steel has it's cons, I was like... neeh, not again.

Still thinkin about the INO 1911... Hmmm... god damnit.

Not sure who these would be marketed to. Myself perhaps, in a moment of weakness. Luckily these slides are not for any models I am interested in.

I put my cut off at TM Glocks as far as steel slide goes, Guarder ones are not THAT expensive......not seeing myself being able to afford a full steel WA 1911 build....and those are definitely better than this as far as quality goes...

Then again this is typical of Ino though, over price and under delivering seems to be their MO...

Probably trying to build up capital to finish those products :D

Oh yeah that's right,because they didn't raise enough money till now ;)

I'm here anxiously waiting for the FN-P9,Desert Eagle and Colt Government 70 but they keep selling random s**t that no one needs.

I mean who needs such an overpriced slide for PX4 when Detonator one is top notch with half price and even the Ra-Tech one,that is made of steel as well,is worth less than half of 500$?

That's a total non-sense.

Shooters Design Slide & Outer Barrel (6061 Aluminum, SV or BK, EU or US) - $131

GunsModify Tritium Sight - $62

Total: $193

P.S. HK is metal, but have got wrong markings on slide. SD is more accurate at this point. Still, both have got wrong markings on frame. Have to wait Guarder... maybe.

I actually can't understand why people want steel slides on their pistols. It makes the recoil sluggish, uses up vast amounts of gas, wears down the pot metal/plastic lowers and makes the pistol a lot heavier than RS.

What's the point of going heavy? I don't really see any advantages to it (just like electronic blowback with no boltstop)

500$ just make the decision all that easier

I actually can't understand why people want steel slides on their pistols. It makes the recoil sluggish, uses up vast amounts of gas, wears down the pot metal/plastic lowers and makes the pistol a lot heavier than RS.

What's the point of going heavy? I don't really see any advantages to it (just like electronic blowback with no boltstop)

500$ just make the decision all that easier

Why do people buy lambos or Ferrarys? because they are expensive, its just a matter of prestige, they can buy them and they will tell you, again and again and again... the same is with airsoft with Inokatsu and PTWs

Why do people buy lambos or Ferrarys? because they are expensive, its just a matter of prestige, they can buy them and they will tell you, again and again and again... the same is with airsoft with Inokatsu and PTWs

No,your argument is invalid.

Because Ferrari's and Lambo's are made of the best materials,while Inokatsu makes this steel slides that are "supposed" to be the best material for certain people but without any reason.

The PX4,for ex,works amazingly well with Detonator kit..so why using a steel slide on it?

Well, my point is NOT about materials or even performance, good try there, but about price and prestige. Anyone who spends 500$ on an item of a "premium" brand as inokatsu doesnt do it for materials nor because its performance, its because he cant and wont miss the chance to show off the "Inokatsu fullsteel slide which is 500$ expensive", translation: "I can spend absurd ammounts of money and you cant"

Well, my point is NOT about materials or even performance, good try there, but about price and prestige. The mind of a person who spends 500$ on an item of a "premium" brand as inokatsu is not because its quality, its because he cant and wont miss the chance to show you the "Inokatsu fullsteel slide which is 500$ expensive", translation: "I can spend absurd ammounts of money and you cant"

Oh,if you say so.

I think that this happens when you buy a 1200$ Zeke or Prime rare kit,not when you buy an item like this.

All our examples are unconsciously labeled as "premium" for an 90% of the airsoft players, and thats what the "Inokatsu target customer" looks for, he wants to be looked up to or envyed by beeing able to spend such ammount of money, being 500$ or 1200$ doesnt really matter much except the grade of "showing off-ism" of the buyer.

Well, my point is NOT about materials or even performance, good try there, but about price and prestige. Anyone who spends 500$ on an item of a "premium" brand as inokatsu doesnt do it for materials nor because its performance, its because he cant and wont miss the chance to show off the "Inokatsu fullsteel slide which is 500$ expensive", translation: "I can spend absurd ammounts of money and you cant"

I am sorry, but i am not agree with your. And that's why: prestige and "premium brand" must at least mean something (like quality or best materials or even "hand made"). If it is - your are happy owner of masterpiece, if not - you a fool who spent $500 on *suitcase*. In case with Ferrari or Lambo - your a happy owner (b'coz your are paying for quality and hand made masterpoece, which have name Ferrari or Lambo), with INOKATSU - you are fool (we saw photos above) paying for name INOKATSU which don't mean quality at all.

P.S. There is a big diffirence between "spent a lot money on good product" and "spent a lot money on bad product".

I get your point, and in the car industry its right, but in this airsoft industry I dont think its entirely true, brands like Inokatsu or Systema are regarded as premium brands by most of the players, yet they are not as high quality as other cheaper brands. In fact, many players still regard these later brands (systema/ino) as "high quality" even if they are not, this is due to the "percieved quality" they have of them due to the price tag they feature.

Im sorry, but I still think the biggest reason behind buying an overpriced ino slide is prestige

Archived