Something for the Holster enthusiasts.

FireKnife

It has a leather inner for comfort, and a kydex outer for secure retention and easy re-holstering.

Plus it is $90 which makes it more than the gun :P.

Though oddly I think I have found something, in the one place I didn't want to (que dun-dun-dunnnnnnnn!!!!!!! music): http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=3873&osCsid=bf8ab6b329178b416c1b7f8249c98a2c

It is sort of what I want, for that cost especially.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough. Never know maybe I am just looking in the wrong place. If I lived in the US I would just pop down the shop and try a few on but here due to our complete lack of a shooting scene (outside of airsoft, shotguns and hunters) we have little choice and have to order stuff with no chance to try it before hand.

'FireKnife'

That holster looks like a heap of .

I do find it quite surprising you refuse to use anything 'plastic' there's a reason every bugger in the world uses moulded holsters these days.

If I were you I'd go for a simple cordura holster from WAS or similar. I bought one for a fiver second hand once.

Its funny that you rave on about your love for the 1911, but dont want to spend a bit more money on somewhere nice to keep it :P

, tbh, for sub £20, your gonna end up with a right old POS

What he said. I wouldn't put a £150-£200 pistol in a £10 holster.

Its funny that you rave on about your love for the 1911, but dont want to spend a bit more money on somewhere nice to keep it :P

, tbh, for sub £20, your gonna end up with a right old POS

Again it is all cost. If it was real fair enough but it is a toy, I just don't get on with plastic holsters and wanted something else, that would fit me for a bit cheaper and not have to worry about.

Now it seems the options are:

1. Deal with Parcel 'waste of space and time' Farce.

2. Spend £30 odd to get something that will last for a while, but is for a toy gun.

3. Buy said linked pancake holster from Z1 above.

Hmm, decisions, decisions.

That holster looks like a heap of ######.

I do find it quite surprising you refuse to use anything 'plastic' there's a reason every bugger in the world uses moulded holsters these days.

I just don't get on with them, as simple as that, remember personal choice and all that :P. As for the reason people use plastic holsters, they are cheap and work for some people. By the same logic you could say 'that is why everyone uses a Glock' but we don't all use Glocks :D.

'FireKnife'

Yes its a toy gun, for playing toy soldiers, but if your going to spend the money to run around the woods OR INDOORS shooting it, why not invest in something that will

A. last,

B, fit your gun properly.

C be relativley comfortable to use 

Agreed, a £10 nylon POS will up on the forums in the secondhand sales before youve finished unwrapping it ;)

Yes its a toy gun, for playing toy soldiers, but if your going to spend the money to run around the woods shooting it, why not invest in something that will

A. last,

B, fit your gun properly.

C be relativley comfortable to use 

Agreed, a £10 nylon POS will up on the forums in the secondhand sales before youve finished unwrapping it ;)

True, but I would have thought cheaper could be found, maybe looking US side was not the best start and the limited market for real guns in the UK means we wouldn't have the support or options here, compared to hard plastic which are cheap and easy to copy etc.

Also this wont be for the woods, but indoors where less dropping and such movement will occur. Maybe that could have been specified in the start :P.

'FireKnife'

This should convince you why you ought to spend more on some nice leather:

USING A QUALITY HOLSTER WILL MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE DON JOHNSON.

Now buy yourself a Galco Jackass rig. Sure they're $160, but at least shipping is only $25. Think of it like paying $2.50 shipping for a cheap $16 holster and it's a bargain.

Ok, well due to both Elecy Bill and a few other payments coming up that has cut anything I had to spend on holsters to £0, great.

Now after this month (or next) when my bonus comes through I will have to look again as then I will have more £30-40 to spend thankfully.

As for those that have provided useful information to deal with my 'why can't the one aspect that I need to fill be cheaper' issue thank you, however next time I will have more to spend. :P

'FireKnife'

Tucked in the jeans for another month then :P

Just sat in the Vega, too bad I can't find another one of them :(.

Plus I could actually do with a site to attend that would make the pistol much more viable again. Wish I had an indoor site near by, or even one that wasn't just 'rank up opposite each other and hi-caps go, no flanking or tactics now'.

'FireKnife'

Shipping is expensive - how cheaply could you get an item half-way around the world? Fuel costs are on the rise, and we pay the difference. For me it is quite simple - you can't get the holster without the shipping, so add it to the total cost of the holster and stop viewing it as "£20 for the holster + £9 shipping"; the holster just costs £29 - simples!

If you want quality, just suck it up and buy it. Sure it's like Tokyo Marui - their gear is overpriced, but it works...so you suck it up and hand over the cash. Same situation here, if you want the quality just loosen the purse strings and swallow your pride. It's an investment to allow you to get more out of your gun; that's how I look at it at least.

It is not the cost I am that fussed about if it is quality, it is mostly the postage rates. Ok some of the holsters look good for the price, but that is not what I want. If this was life or death or concealed carry for a real firearm I would look at spending £50 odd but as it is for a toy gun that cost me about £70 I don't see the point in spending that much on it when it comes to a holster. I did notice though a lot of people on reviews in the US putting under cons 'not made in the US', which I assume to everyone else is like stuff made in the UK, not really that great :P.

'FireKnife'

Made in the us is iffy, generally speaking it doesn't mean anything with really cheap stuff, but especially towards higher prices it can sometimes be an indicator of quality or after purchase service. Given that making something here is rarely the cheapest option, it means choices were made for reasons other than cost. It also often means way way more expensive, so I would be impressed if you found anything made in the us for your price range even before shipping.

Don't know if I can offer much advice in that price range. I like leather holsters, but I would be inclined to spend at least 100$, or get one used for a bargain. Check out US ebay, I've picked up most of my holsters there, and all for decent prices.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Galco-STO212-Inside-Pant-Stow-N-Go-Holster-Right-Hand-Natural-5-1911-Colt-/310603189411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4851648ca3

Ok, so how about the above, fits within the £30 posted mark, is Galco so reputeable firm and should give me a good option as it is for maximum 5" 1911s so should take all my non-railed ones from Detonics to Series 70.

Any experience or am I looking at the worst Galco has to offer and not worth it at all?

'FireKnife'

It's an IWB holster. Not much to go wrong there. Just saying that even cheaper options will perform just as well. Retention is determined by your gut, good suede exterior means it's gonna stick well on your pants for a clean draw, and it's gonna close on you once you draw (like most IWB holsters anyway) and will require your support hand to open it back to holster. Ecop is a good store, bought from them before and will very likely get that Jackass rig from them too.

I don't want the Jackass rig :P. Shoulder holsters are not my thing as I find I draw much better from my belt or cross draw than shoulder.

Still I do trust Ecop as they got my Hogue grips and other kit to me in a week each time, it is more the holster.

As for the pros and cons of IWB I assumed as much, but I was more looking and thinking 'is this low price as it is simple to make or as it is made of low quality kit'. I have ran a cheap IWB before and found that as it was rigid enough holstering it again wasn't an issue, just I would prefer a belt OWB as I find it smoother and it is not like I need to carry my 1911 concealed at a game :D.

'FireKnife'

Archived