Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

Just use proper bbs. Lots of bbs are spec'd larger than the marui bb's which might be the culprit for jamming. I imagine that they tested the 870 over and over using marui bbs before putting it out in the market. When it comes to feeding, the diameter, bb surface, and roundness affects the loading/chambering.

Personally, I have never had a jam happen on any of my TM m870 tac. Then again, I did not beat up or use them in an overly aggressive way.

The breacher should be a lil bit more solid as it's on the shorter end. The travel on the charging handle seems shorter as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

i concur with sacairsoftsn00py, the loading chamber seems to have some tight tolerances which seems to relate to BB quality and/or size. luckily for me, these jams did not break any internals, but we have heard it happen to some of the commenters here.

Which brings us the next point, that is if you force the action when jammed or even smidge of resistance, this could break your nozzles and or loading lever.

This has never happened to me, because for one thing i've found the full size tactical m870 too long for me with the fixed stock (i have short arms), preventing me from really put any force or "slamming" of the action, which brought it's own problems of not completing the full racking that have caused a few jams.

The m870 tactical is practically the same as the breacher, but with a traditional grip and fixed stock. Running on 134a gas it is around 230fps which is perfect for CQB with distances of under 10m engagement range.

However with the third part g&p or angry gun gas tank pistol grip and adjustable m4 stock, you will be hitting 350fps with green gas which is more then suitable for outdoor 20-25m engagement range. These third parts are compatible with the breacher, which at the moment with stock pistolgrip gas tank is compatible with green gas clocking in with 335fps with 0.20g BB and 210-220fps with 134a gas.

So it's your choice really, have a longer style barrel, magazine tube and typical foregrip or go for the shorter barrel and cms style foregrip (but have the same inner barrel length as the tactical full length m870).

Edited by onizuka-gto
  • Like 1

Yeah I just want the gun or a refund. I get why it's taken long but the put my order on hold now and still don't respond. I wanna play with it in cqb dammit. On topic note, dies anyone know if it's RS spec? I found one of the bladetech clips but if it's not RS I don't think it will retain the gun well

I've warned people about Echigoya. They've friendly until the slightest hiccup happens. In your case snoopy i dont understand the problem since both items cleared customs already.. hope the best for you.

New info on the Laylax wood kit; it has an internal built-in gas reservoir and is made of walnut. Releases early september for around $248.

post-31171-0-25196300-1408866393_thumb.jpg

post-31171-0-42213000-1408866435_thumb.jpg

post-31171-0-82853800-1408866445_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah. Pretty much the only overseas retailer who had not let.me down. I may have to go back to getting everything from them. Redwolf charges an arm and a leg for shipping. Same with airsoftglobal.

My last overseas purchase was actually with ehobby when I got my second tm m870. I ended up cancelling my order from echigoya then as they notified me of issues with cali customs.

I thought they had things cleared up which is why I went with them.

I am keeping mind paypals 45 day time table on filing complaints. I will be requesting for a refund in another week if I dont get my stuff next week. Spent like $190 on the m&p and another $370 on the breacher. Not exactly something im going to take for granted.

I hope the best for you snoopy. Let me know how it goes, I'm really interested to find out and hear about a follow up.

I've bought many things from echigoya (few thousand $ spent actually over the years) and they usually have been pretty good. I would like to see how this situation progresses. Has anyone else state-side had recent issues with echigoya? 

I hope the best for you snoopy. Let me know how it goes, I'm really interested to find out and hear about a follow up.

I've bought many things from echigoya (few thousand $ spent actually over the years) and they usually have been pretty good. I would like to see how this situation progresses. Has anyone else state-side had recent issues with echigoya? 

I had a major issue with echigoya state-side, but it was a different situation than snoopy's; my order was seized by customs in california, held for 30 days and sent back. Snoopy's packages have already cleared customs so i have no idea why they would ignore him.

I had ordered with them before my seized order with no problems, thats why i trusted them and didn't file a paypal claim; big mistake as they just ignored all my emails, facebook messages / wall postings etc.

I do hope the best for snoopy, maybe its just a slight mixup with their Texas based re-shipper.

I had a major issue with echigoya state-side, but it was a different situation than snoopy's; my order was seized by customs in california, held for 30 days and sent back. Snoopy's packages have already cleared customs so i have no idea why they would ignore him.

I had ordered with them before my seized order with no problems, thats why i trusted them and didn't file a paypal claim; big mistake as they just ignored all my emails, facebook messages / wall postings etc.

I do hope the best for snoopy, maybe its just a slight mixup with their Texas based re-shipper.

I read about your issue before and it was back then when Echigoya shut down for more than a month and they didn't communicate with anyone in that time, I tought you took it too personally. :P As for your recent orders it seems the issue are the customs not the shop itself.

Personally I had more than 10 orders from Echigoya and they never failed me, most of the stuff gets here in 3 days after posted(unfortunatelly customs aren't as fast). Same thing with Ehobby, I also bought a HK417 GBB from them without any problem(again the customs take about a week and then you have to pay about 25-30% of the original cost. Bleh :wacko: ).

It's not as if I was ONLY trying to communicate with them after they shut down. They shut down because of my seized package.

They shut down right After my seized package was sent back to them, they were communicating with me fine up until that point. It wasn't until after my issue that they stopped communicating with everyone and re-did their website and set up this whole Texas shipping thing explaining that they had problems with LAX customs (my order). In the end I was screwed out of $350 .

I'm getting tired of the waiting. It's been 5 days since they told me that they will send me the tracking number once they ship it from Texas. It's been 9 days since my m&p got to Texas....the m870 breacher was delivered to their Texas re-shipper on 8/18. Which would have left them with now a full week to have given me an tracking update.

By no means have I been ignored but all this waiting....I could have ordered elsewhere within a weeks span and have gotten all my goodies already.

I requested for my stuff to be shipped to me so I receive them by the end of the week. I also told them that a full refund for the goods would also be acceptable.

If you're in the west coast area, prepare for a long wait should you decide to go with echigoya. I'm sure they're working on making things work but my personal experience from them has been unfavorable. This may very well be the last time I order airsoft guns from them.

-------

Edit:

Received my shotty. Waiting for the m&p. Maybe tomorrow.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

Wouldn't allow me to update my previous post.

What I wanted to add was that my breacher shoots three bbs on the 3-shot setting and six bbs on the 6-shot setting....as it should.

The breacher is a chunker. It's got heft to it as with everything loaded up, nothing feels hollow about the gun.

It might just be because the barrel is short, but an attempt to wiggle the outer barrel showed that it barely moved. It feels more solid compared to the bigger brother.

Edit:

134a gas at about 75 degree temp (shady/garage temp and not under the sun temp) using the supplied marui .20g bbs:

Xcortech x3200 chrono

187-191 fps in the 6 shot mode. Range is perfect for the marui .20g bbs as the bbs are not under-hopping.

236-241 fps in the 3 shot mode. Slight over-hop on the .20g bbs. Not too too bad....it just gets a bit more distance out of the bbs. Using .23g bbs *should be perfect. Using .25g bbs should get you pretty good range still.

I may just run this with .20g bbs in the 6 shot mode. 6 shots even at a lower than usual velocity is more than enough punch for sub 50 foot engagement. While it may not sting...it will definitely be noticed.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • Like 1

You lads were right about the over hopping.

Usually I play in CQB where engagement range is 10m or less.

However last Sunday was in an indoor arena with 20m range.

Breacher was using 0.23g but they kept jumping at around 15m way above my reflex dot sight, have to adjust my sights for that.

Also the grouping was tight even on double-ought.

So i agree, i'll switch to 0.20g on 6 shot indoors.

Lucky I got 3 pairs of different marui shotshell mags. Can colour code the bb weights.

Good idea on the color coding for bb weights dude.

As far as setting dots on the sight, I would use bbs that get me the optimum trajectory and stay on the shot setting allotted for the gun.

3 shot mode for my m870 tactical using .25g bbs....6 shot mode for my m870 breacher using .20g bbs.

Should I get a red dot sight for either, I won't have to worry about adjusting or compensating for shots.

Currently, my m870 tac gets used with iron sights...they are perfect for it.

Not so sure about the breacher. A dot sight or some sort of sights would probably be better than using it as a point and shoot popper. Down side is that it will give the gun a taller profile.

Meh.

Btw, the Breached can take the stock adapter kits. I just looked at the exploded diagram and its the same rear.

ALSO. I think I see a design flaw in this grip already. The grip is plastic, and is only held onto the metal upper base by a few screws. with The extra force of green gas, I'm afraid it might cause the grip the separate or crack where the screws attach through. Just a thought...