GBB FNX-45 Tactical

Starblade54

CK is right the right slide release on My M&P9 is a bit hit and miss but the more I use it the better it gets (hardly happens now) so I'm presuming it just takes a bit of wearing in on mine. When I handled the VFC both full and compact sizes they also worked. I guess its just luck of the draw really. It hardly ever works on my FNX45.. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well given how it is set up I am not totally surprised as they is a fair bit of play and all the right lever is doing is trying to force down the left half to disengage the safety. If it was the other way round then I could see the opposite side being an issue.

Though I have seen less mention of this on real firearms but then those are probably going to be made to tighter tolerances given that it could be life / death not walk to respawn or not :P.

'FireKnife'

What I was trying to say, was out of the box the TM worked without issue. The stark arms/VFC did not. I am old fashioned and expect my purchase to work, without need of a fix, out of the box (so to speak). Maybe the later releases of the M&Pc work better than mine, but sometimes once you're bitten it's twice shy. This is coming from someone who has two WE GBB's as primaries (M4 & MP5 respectively). So I am not shy of having to alter or fix my purchase (not out of the box, but further down the line after usage).

I still might get an FNX, as I do like the look (even without the ability to co-witness with an rmr).

Perhaps you should say why it's important and not just link :P

- EDM cut steel construction
- Ultra low-profile design allows true co-witness with RMR sight
- 2 locking tab improves mounting rigidity to prevent loosening during use
- Suitable for Cybergun FNX 45 GBB Pistol

That's classified as "Lower 1/3rd" co-witness, right?

Not exactly by the look of things. Whether it is absolute or lower 1/3rd doesn't make that difference. Some pistol sights just go for a more 6 o' clock but having not shot the FNX I have no idea if it does or not :P.

Still not really into the whole red-dots on pistols thing. I get it on rifles but given that pistol shots either take place in instinct range or at range where you have that extra second to aim (and the added bulk) I am just not a fan. On ARs and SMGs though that is rather different.

'FireKnife'

Will these guns ever actually shoot well enough for the co-witness to actually matter? I mean that seriously. I shot one and the accuracy was nothing to write home about. I would think whatever optic mounted to it could only ever be considered purely cosmetic.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived