New Tippmann AR

kilo_64

*fruitcage* it all. im buying one.

Danke, would you please relay this question if you could:

What kind of rig cant this gun run on? do you need a regulated HPA rig or is it possible to just hook up an unregulated CO2 tank? If HPA, do we need a high end rig, or will a basic in line regulator work fine?

More detail

Air system: HPA has to be regulated. Standard HPA valving is between 650 and 950 psi.. no problem for any standard hpa paintball tank. CO2 by nature is unregulated at the tank and regulated by the internal valving.If you're looking for an hpa tank to work with a remote line setup, ANY paintball hpa tank will be just fine. Personally, i'm a big fan of the Ninja tanks as currently their valves have the most consistent output pressure.

NOTE: if purchasing an hpa tank for use in Canada, MAKE SURE it has the appropriate TC stamp on it. No TC stamp, no go. There is also a CE stamp that will be accepted as of Sept this year, but look for the TC to be safe.

12g magazines. The 12g is fit into the mag using an hourglass pressure fit. I tested mags upside down in rigs and did not lose a cartridge once.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't see how it produces recoil? It feeds the round through a proprietary "non-jamming" system, which doesn't use a bcg to load each round (producing the recoil. Recoil Shock via TM and KWA EBB uses motors to produce the recoil... 

recoil isn't limited by BCG's. In the case of tippmann, this gun is utilizing their inline bolt system, which is the same bolt system that has literally outlasted anything available out in the paintball market. I've owned a tippmann a5 since launch and have not experienced any failure from this system. Paintball players treat their markers a hell lot harsher than airsoft players baby their equipment. This will easily replace and out perform any airsoft gun out in the market right now and will probably be backed by the best customer service available.

the same bolt system that has literally outlasted anything available out in the paintball market.

Where is that bolt in this gun? when they fired it nothing moved.

From what I can tell, this is not a tippmann 98 at all. I own a tippmann 98 which was purchased when that marker was new. I still have it and it still works despite the rust and neglect. But I see no mechanical similarities between these two systems. at all.

The tippmann 98 has a heavy bolt fired from the open position. this thing seems to have no bolt and is more reminiscent of a G&G drop in system then a T98.

While Im sure that tippmann will make a fine working airsoft gun, lets not forget that their latest products have mostly been plasticine pieces of *suitcase*. The fact that it cannot be reloaded unless you want to lose your entire 12 gram c02, when in GIM configuration should tell you how well this will work.

You may give them a pass because theyre tippmann. But this is airsoft, and paintball bullshot does'nt fly here. The 12 gram c02 M4 mag has been invented over and over again. Tippmann's design is a poor excuse.

Edit: Oh, and just to clarify, I started playing paintball in 1995. Im well acquainted with tippmann's products. I even remember the mag fed SMG-60 and 68 series. I fielded a Tippmann 98 and Pro Carbine year after year at the Big Game at Coram. And have built several finely tuned tippmann 98s. So really I want to know how this thing is like a Tippmann 98 in any way.

Where is that bolt in this gun? when they fired it nothing moved.

From what I can tell, this is not a tippmann 98 at all. I own a tippmann 98 which was purchased when that marker was new. I still have it and it still works despite the rust and neglect. But I see no mechanical similarities between these two systems. at all.

Brigg,

It is the same system indeed.The bolt system is housed in the upper receiver and stops just halfway into the ejection port where the hopup chamber meets. If you look at the video, the bolt is clearly visible at 1:54 and you could clearly see the rest of the assembly at 1:59.

http://www.straferight.com/forums/attachments/sports-hobbies/19793d1326662823-new-guns-accessories-a5.gif

You know how we adjust the pressure via the side of the marker at the powertube? The powertube is in the same position on the upper receiver where the allen screw is adjusted for pressure. I would bet the bolt itself is probably housed towards the rear of the upper receiver therefore leaving the buffertube hollow.

HMMMMM 80 rounds on a 12gram so theoretically, we should get close to 3700rds on a 20oz co2 tank :D

Speaking from a manufacture point of view.  This gun is inexpensive to produce.  If Tippman price it budget friendly, I don't even care if it doesn't have realistic bolt movement.  I definitely would want one to just to shoot.  And if the inner barrel and hop-up quality is good.  I think they have a winning product.   

thanks for the info Danke, really appreciate it. only one more thing as we are still not clear about the CO2 mags. he mentioned "in all the testing I personally did, I short-loaded 1 mag... the cartridge did not vent, i just gave the mag a smack, finishing the load process and went about shooting."

what exactly is he saying? is he saying that after he punctured the CO2, you can still remove the magazine and not have it vent? leaving with us the ability to do tac reloads?

With all due respect to Tippmann, that's almost unbelievably stupid. So depending upon how many rounds I load into the magazine (or how efficient the gun is) either the gun will run out of gas before BBs, leaving me with an unknown number of rounds in the magazine and a gun that won't lock back (can it lock back?) or it will run out of BBs before gas, leaving me either to dry fire the gun until it's empty or to eject a magazine with a pierced and under-800psi-of-pressure CO2 capsule in it. Or does it just automatically vent all the remaining gas when it runs out of BBs?

If it doesn't, when I eject a magazine that's still got gas in it it's going to shoot CO2 all over the inside of the magazine well (and presumably, the hop-up unit and 'bolt'), freezing everything it touches by adiabatic cooling? And even worse, if the pressure pushes against the bolt it's going to eject out of the magazine well with the force of the remaining CO2, jetting freezing gas out of the gun and accelerating my magazine into the ground or into my hand?

You can get CO2 magazines for pistols, rifles and SMGs these days - from KJW, RA-Tech, KWC, VFC, GHK, WE, G&G, WinGun, G&P and others, but this is the first I've heard of that doesn't have a valve in it.

I dont think it will be a huge issue, im sure they've test fired it once or twice, and have reloaded mags too, if there were cause for concern like rocket propelled magz or freezing the gun into oblivion, I'm sure it wouldnt hit the market like that, Im guessing that after 80 shots, you take the mag out and get a "pshshshsh" of air then its empty, the only major issue i see is with tac reloads, which if I do a tac reload, I never go back to hte mag i just removed, its in my dump pouch and its spent anyways, so still wouldnt affect me

its a bit unrealistic to actually expect CO2 capsules to take the mag and run from you across the air. i have played a lot with CO2 capsules (and did a bit of balsa line car racing that i was awesome at) and even if you remove the mag after just puncturing it, the weight of the mag will stop the capsule from taking off. now, im sure that they have the efficiency of the rifle layed out perfectly for the 80 rounds. im sure that they gun gets around 75 to 85 rounds per capsule.

you cant tac reload, but there are rare times where you should tac reload. its why they created open top pouches.

i doubt the gun has a lock back feature. would be nice though.

I think it looks pretty cool. Super cheap too as an alternative to Polarstar. I agree that the co2 mag is a bit dodgy, but as said if it is empty at the same time as your ammo there are no probs and I am sure there will be somone like RA Tech who produce a co2 mag with valves or some other parts maker.

The massive benefit of using the co2 in this way means there are minimal seals to break - no more and never again will you have leaky mags!

Whats the reasoning behind using a co2 bulb in the mag as opposed to having a tank in the mag that you fill with co2?

Magazines are vastly cheaper to produce, no valves to machine no magazine shell to cast or machine to be able to withstand Co2, no requirement to have the magazines pressure tested to comply with US/UK/European standards to name but a few reasons.

Using Co2 cartridges removes most of the work and could allow the magazines to even be entirely plastic, or plastic internals in a metal shell which is a low cost way of producing magazines once the tooling is made.

I have to say I'm quite interested in this, it looks like it has a lot of potential and I like the dual power source option, I don't mind running a hose to a Co2 bottle but the one thing that puts me off Polarstars is the need to have a large HPA bottle, at least with Co2 there are very small bottles that would work with my current chestrig commonly available.

I'd be very interested to see how many shots it is capable of getting from a 12g Co2 cartridge though, in some ways I'd rather adapt the mags for 8g cartridges and not be able to fire the last few shots than waste gas when removing an empty mag if I were to run it from that source.

I'd be very interested to see how many shots it is capable of getting from a 12g Co2 cartridge though, in some ways I'd rather adapt the mags for 8g cartridges and not be able to fire the last few shots than waste gas when removing an empty mag if I were to run it from that source.

I am sure there would be a way to mod it. Or to mod the 8g so they fit. I think that is a better idea than to have gas spray out... Especially if you are playing low cap rules!

Blurry pics have popped up on r/airsoft.

http://imgur.com/a/ee3IK

Paintball people:  Does it look like the some kind of recoil weight reciprocates into the buffer tube?

And to those grumbling about the valveless mags:  I think whoever designed it may have had some experience with the painfully slow process of replacing CO2 powerlets in the field: 

IMG_20110718_085400.jpg

Remove baseplate, loosen base screw, pry out old capsule, insert new capsule, replace base screw, tighten, replace base plate.  And that's if you don't drop something in the weeds while fumbling with multiple small objects in gloved hands, or cross thread a screw, or have an out-of-spec powerlet get jammed in the mag.  Try it while crouched behind a rock with people shooting at you for even more fun.  

I'd gladly trade tac reload capability for cheaper, lighter, double capacity mags that are far faster and simpler to re-gas. 

The CO2 dumping-on-reload issue isn't really an issue. It may be from a cost perspective, but it's not going to rocket off into the unknown or freeze your limbs solid or whatever. I've used a laser training system that uses CO2 capsules in the magazines to provide simulated recoil and limited ammunition, and they worked just like this, piercing a capsule on load and then venting it when reloaded. It's not a huge deal, it just pushes the mag out with a bit more force.

Archived