WE HK416C GBBR out now

hitmanNo2

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do people with VFC also have WE's? For comparison and also compatibility (swapping stocks, grips etc)?

I reckon both of those are pretty unlikely. VFC sit at the cost-no-object end of the GBB scale, plus you have to spend extensively to get them to work right. All told a VFC HK416c GBB would probably be three times the projected cost of the WE with both upgraded to reliable mid-to-long-term function. The reason you're seeing them compared here is because the only other HK416cs on the market (both GBB and AEG) are made by VFC.

I'm a big fan of both, having used both, they have their upsides and their downsides.

Being a bit of a trades and realism junkie I lean towards VFC these days, that said I do have a WE P228 that I love almost as much as my kids :D

Trades don't always bother me, unless they're engraved (like the P226 that is by WE or that other company). But if a rifle just has laser etched trades, I can live without them (even if the real deal has laser etched trade marks). I like to paint my aeg's/gbbr's any way. So the trade marks on a rifle don't really come in to it.

Though I do like engraved trade marks, just correct engraved trademarks/name.

OK, so got the WE 416c in today and did some playing around with it.  It did have a similar problem of not locking back but it was more inconsistent that unable.  I shimmed the bolt catch b/c it had a lot of side to side movement as all WE M4's seem to have and lubed it up and now it locks back just fine.  I believe the problem from the now infamous video from Ryan Sin was that the buffer tube assembly was screwed in one turn too many.  In a normal M4, the buffer tube is screwed all the way to the buffer lock.  On my WE M4 that is how it is BUT on the 416c it appears to be at least one turn away from the buffer lock.  If screwed all the way to the buffer lock, I could see how it would create a short stroking scenario.

Between this and the VFC, I'll go with the WE. VFC guns tend to need major, major, major, major, major (did I say major yet?) work to get them to at least fire a couple of rounds without ###### themselves. Getting them to skirmishable status? Be prepared to not use the gun for a while as you track down the parts needed to make it work. At least WE guns shoot for a couple of thousand rounds before breaking. 

I got the VFC and it work fine and shoots accurate with the A+ rubber and yep it's skirmishable. I bought this second hand and already had a problem with it but iv'e fixed it already and still working with the stock internals about 2000 rounds fired + unknown rounds from previous owner. The only problem I had is finding the replacement parts (BCG) here in PH since most players here uses WE and WA platform. The good thing about the VFC is that the replacement parts are cheap. I cant compare it to the WE regarding the reliability since I dont own and never own one.

• 2 weeks later...

That's correct. I got my stock parts in today from cwi airsoft, just gotta search for it on their site with 888-c. Ordered my parts on Saturday and they're already here in Canada and on my gun. Fantastic speed, and fantastic parts. I can also confirm that the end-cap for the buffer tube does need to be backed out by one turn to prevent the short-stroke/fail to lock back condition.

Archived